This Dude Was An NHL Goalie?

MTH

On 4/2/2021 at 3:54 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

I’ll just stick this one here too; just too exceptional to NOT post 

24EF0AAA-C78C-4A6A-B79F-3607492FCAED.jpeg

While you appreciate the d man masking up to willing put his whole body in front of a shot... you also see in this picture the issue. Get out of the way! He's laying on Glenn Hall's pad. You know he was in the crease the whole game. Here's a novel idea - why don't you work on scoring more goals at the other end? Kinda hard for the other team to shoot at me if you have the puck in the other end the whole game. Just sayin'

1 hour ago, MTH said:

.... Here's a novel idea - why don't you work on scoring more goals at the other end? Kinda hard for the other team to shoot at me if you have the puck in the other end the whole game. Just sayin'

Some things never change. When I was in my teens my best friend was a D who was really a “closeted goalie”. It was as obvious as the sunrise this guy wanted to be a goalie,  and to that end I don’t know why he never tired the position, he had the bucks and the size. I guess for him it went in the “things I regret not trying” column.

Anyway yeah, he was always in the crease trying block shots or “make saves”. I don’t know how many times he slid in, knocked me out of the way, the puck would hit him and then at the whistle he’d look a me and say “I saved you on that one…”

I was hoping in my second iteration as a goalie this would go away , but every couple of games I will try to move cross-crease to get set for a shot only to be stopped by a D-man standing pretty well right beside me…And yes @MTH  that was my exact thought…

Edited by Colander

• 3 weeks later...