2018 USA Olympic Hockey Jerseys Unveiled

SaveByRichter35

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Those won't save shit.  Nothing about these jerseys scream USA to me.

I've seen this complain elsewhere... Nothing about any of the jerseys they've worn screamed USA besides logos. The stars on the last ones weren't visible unless you were close. Unless you put a giant eagle and make their helmets red nothing will scream USA. Or literally made the jersey a flag. Red, White, and Blue are simply too common to have a national identity behind it for jersey.

4 hours ago, Hills said:

I've seen this complain elsewhere... Nothing about any of the jerseys they've worn screamed USA besides logos. The stars on the last ones weren't visible unless you were close. Unless you put a giant eagle and make their helmets red nothing will scream USA. Or literally made the jersey a flag. Red, White, and Blue are simply too common to have a national identity behind it for jersey.

See, I loved the stars detail. From far away, the jerseys looked clean and like hockey. 

Close up, Nike put a touch of Nike-ism on them and did something unexpected that hadn't been done before. 

These are such a step backward. If Sweden allows this I'll be shocked. 

20 hours ago, chakal said:

So we can guess that all teams will have identical uniforms with only color changes. That looks 80's Nintendo Ice Hockey/Blades of Steel-ish.

I hope that's not the case, I hate the cookie cutter effect.  Agreed on the video game comment.

19 hours ago, Mike24 said:

Yup.  Somebody should get fired. 

These are awful. 

Absolutely

18 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Well....I'm not really a fan of ice hockey in the Olympics anyway. But the uniforms are nice. I guess.

Not a fan of hockey in the Olympics?  Why not?

16 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Courtesy of Tim and Sid... Bang on, I'd say

OMFG that's hysterical!

19 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

See, I loved the stars detail. From far away, the jerseys looked clean and like hockey. 

Close up, Nike put a touch of Nike-ism on them and did something unexpected that hadn't been done before. 

These are such a step backward. If Sweden allows this I'll be shocked. 

I agree that so far the last Olympics were much better in terms of design. I'm not sure if this is the Olympic host countries doing, IIHF, or Nikes doing. I guess we'll find out.

i don't get why uniforms have to be off the wall wild.  It has the staying power of 5 mins.  I hate how college football teams have 12 uni's each these days.  Remember when(90s) NHL teams like the caps islanders and sabers all switch uniforms and logos.  Now they are all back to the originals more or less.  

I get there's money to be made for Nike 

I wish they would stick with a classic looking USA uniform.  Minor tweaks.  

Not like the USA rolls out a new Flag every Olympics.  

Hockey's trying to do what they do over in Europe with soccer. They change their uniforms almost every year and people still the new and fresh uniform. Why? Cus they know people will do it. As bad as some of these look, there's still money to be made. And I feel like the NHL is gona try to do that too somehow.

1 hour ago, ULTIMA said:

Hockey's trying to do what they do over in Europe with soccer. They change their uniforms almost every year and people still the new and fresh uniform. Why? Cus they know people will do it. As bad as some of these look, there's still money to be made. And I feel like the NHL is gona try to do that too somehow.

Don’t know the specifics, but the NHL limits how frequently a team change jerseys, logos, colors, etc

The 3rd jerseys, stadium series, throwback nights, ASG, etc is how the NHL trys to create new uniforms for revenue sake 

Archived