Switch to stiff pads?

A.YOUNGoalie13

Should Ayoungoalie switch to stiff pads?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should I go from squishy pads to stiffer pads?

2. 2. If yes, what do you recommend?

• Vaughn Slr
    • Bauer Ultra Sonic
    • Bauer Vapor (yes these are stiff af)
    • Brian’s Optik
    • CCM Axis
    • Other

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I have still missed the why... Who cares what you see on TV. What is missing from your current pads? What needs to be better?

I am very flexible and have been told I could use stiffer pads if I wanted to. When I used to wear to new kohos (2016) I was better than I am in the soft vaughns I have now. Just curious if people think it would be better

1 hour ago, Charlie T said:

Haha, very true, I know someone that took about 5-6 months for their set. Could be quicker with 12.2 because the bulk of the pro orders will be done.

Doubtful, us regular folk will probably have to wait on them to get retail store stock done. May also hit another wave of pro orders in that March/April time 

I think I'm going to throw in a loose screw into this discussion...

How relevant would it be if you have a narrow or wide b-fly? I have a narrow b-fly so aside of using the pinball save to kick out a puck, my chances of a natural corner rebound without the full involvement of my stick or blocker would be less than 5%. For me, using a stiff pad would be possible but I would definitely lose out on its deflective advantages. Pretty much all my pad choices up to now have been of the soft to mid-soft category, not always necessarily by choice but often times by budget and opportunity and style of play, and possibly as well because of aforementioned b-fly width.

2 hours ago, RichMan said:

I think I'm going to throw in a loose screw into this discussion...

How relevant would it be if you have a narrow or wide b-fly? I have a narrow b-fly so aside of using the pinball save to kick out a puck, my chances of a natural corner rebound without the full involvement of my stick or blocker would be less than 5%. For me, using a stiff pad would be possible but I would definitely lose out on its deflective advantages. Pretty much all my pad choices up to now have been of the soft to mid-soft category, not always necessarily by choice but often times by budget and opportunity and style of play, and possibly as well because of aforementioned b-fly width.

My butterfly is extremely wide

Archived