Most Influential Brands

TheGoalNet

On 2/20/2021 at 2:11 PM, Charlie T said:

Definitely agree with the Vaughn consensus, however one thing about vaughn that other companies just don't have is the core customization options for the average customer. Vaughn can build almost anything you want in a pad while other companies will only make an entirely custom specced pad for pros. 

I think that is actually hard for the consumer? Most goalies don't know what is available from Vaughn because they are not transparent about it.

CCM has a catalog showing a picture of every option they offer. That makes it clear how you can tune the pads.

17 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

It's my understanding that New Balance is shopping Warrior. Same as Adidas and Nike pulling out. Hard goods is a hard business compared to sneakers or moisture wicking sweat pants.  Not sure how much Warrior wants to spend on skate development right now

Now that's something interesting I haven't heard. Granted that's true and accurate, I can see Bauer buying the brand and swallowing it like others, adding to the graveyard of hockey brands that have left us in the last 25 years

8 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Now that's something interesting I haven't heard. Granted that's true and accurate, I can see Bauer buying the brand and swallowing it like others, adding to the graveyard of hockey brands that have left us in the last 25 years

I hear lots of "rumors" from contacts I have. I have heard that 2-3 times, so i give it some credibility? Seems like Canadian Tire could be the leader at the moment

21 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I can't wait to sport my CT branded gear. :rofl:

Umm EXCUSE ME!  For all your mockery you are clearly forgetting what a superstar it made Albert (and don't tell me you are tool young to remember it Coop!)

Edited by Colander
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Considering I was born in '88, pretty sure this commercial predates me. ;)

To that I say you are welcome for being introduced to not only superb cinematography but "Shakespearean" dialog. This should really be entered into the Canadian NFB archives.

And to answer the question that has plagued Canadians for 30+ years, I have performed exhaustive research (i.e. watched the commercial twice) and can verify that yes his name is "Albert Albert" (apparently the child of some pretty unimaginative parents).

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...