#GoalieCrowd Stick Height Database

TheGoalNet

3 hours ago, indykrap said:

6'0 and using 26" CCMs Premier 2.9s. Height feels good, but I'm always looking to experiment with shorter. Is there any economical way to do this? For some reason all my goalie buddies use 27", even though I'm taller than them haha.

double slope the paddle.

• 6 months later...

I'm 6'1 and use a 24" CCM Axis, (yes, intermediate!) I agree with one of the previous posts re: it's more important to have a proper paddle length when you're in the butterfly, or at least for me it is. I don't want my stick getting in the way or being any sort of hinderance to my downlow play. And for post play I'm in a low enough stance that it isn't off the ice and I'm still able to intercept crease passes, etc. 

I realize I'm in the minority with a shorter paddle and have experimented with longer lengths but just don't feel comfortable. As others have said, there are many different factors involved like personal preference, style and stance!

technically speaking majority of pros have short paddle ( paddle is 3.5" wide)  the part where u hold the paddle is not the paddle if under 3.5, its the handle,

brobosky may have a 24" paddle per say or 23 , but measureing from where joint meets shaft is another 4 " or so , the stick might say 28" but he holds the paddle not which should not count as part of measurement in determine length.

also the shape of the blade is more important  which will change the feel of and mobility of hold the sticks and leaving holes

• 2 months later...

5’10” using Warrior V1 Pro+ pro return that measures 26.5” from top of paddle to bottom blade edge. That’s the Pro Stock Hockey measuring method which makes the most sense to me and is universal.

Since these pro returns are few and far between, does anyone here happen to have a newer Warrior 25” that to they could measure using the pro stock hockey method? I have a new Warrior V2 Pro 26” but the paddle is a little longer than prefer.

see below pic for Pro Stocks measure method. I think if the heel is rounded you just assume it’s not, meaning you would measure to a point where the bottom edge blade was extended and squared off.

FAA4AF3F-988D-4DB9-A329-07B6EB5D4424.jpeg

46 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

5’10” using Warrior V1 Pro+ pro return that measures 26.5” from top of paddle to bottom blade edge. That’s the Pro Stock Hockey measuring method which makes the most sense to me and is universal.

Since these pro returns are few and far between, does anyone here happen to have a newer Warrior 25” that to they could measure using the pro stock hockey method? I have a new Warrior V2 Pro 26” but the paddle is a little longer than prefer.

see below pic for Pro Stocks measure method. I think if the heel is rounded you just assume it’s not, meaning you would measure to a point where the bottom edge blade was extended and squared off.

My 25" Warrior is close to 26" using this measurement above. Both on my V1 Pro and M2 Pro. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

My 25" Warrior is close to 26" using this measurement above. Both on my V1 Pro and M2 Pro. 

4 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Can confirm this, I have had multiple 25" Warrior sticks (CR1, V1 Pro+, M1 Pro+, V2 Pro+), all measure exactly 26" by the paddle length chart.

• Like 1

Considering buying a stick off of sideline. Its a Charlie Lindgren pro stock from St. Louis, but the seller is claiming its a 28?!

I think theres no way, since the NHL has a 26 max rule. I know guys can apply for extensions but Lindgren is 6’1 so I doubt he gets much leeway. Plus the alleged loose rule was put in place in 2013, before Lindgren’s time.

So do we think its actually a 28? I think it was just measured incorrectly but the seller insists.

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/goalie/goalie-sticks/5130559-bauer-ultrasonic-pro-stock-composite-goalie-stick-28-paddle-full-right-lindgren-8877?referral_code=koho1370121

42 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Considering buying a stick off of sideline. Its a Charlie Lindgren pro stock from St. Louis, but the seller is claiming its a 28?!

I think theres no way, since the NHL has a 26 max rule. I know guys can apply for extensions but Lindgren is 6’1 so I doubt he gets much leeway. Plus the alleged loose rule was put in place in 2013, before Lindgren’s time.

So do we think its actually a 28? I think it was just measured incorrectly but the seller insists.

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/goalie/goalie-sticks/5130559-bauer-ultrasonic-pro-stock-composite-goalie-stick-28-paddle-full-right-lindgren-8877?referral_code=koho1370121

Oh how I despise the prostockhockey stick measuring method. All and all, should be about a 26in paddle by traditional measurements. 

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Seller's ad shows he measured it this way:

image.png.5a78f214f913b4638c6343d056b5e15b.png

NHL rulebook shows they regulate sticks this way:

image.png.5a9766b297b65fe8cbd40d9e679233d1.png

23 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Seller's ad shows he measured it this way:

image.png.5a78f214f913b4638c6343d056b5e15b.png

NHL rulebook shows they regulate sticks this way:

image.png.5a9766b297b65fe8cbd40d9e679233d1.png

My hyperlite 24 measures 25-26 inches roughly, since the way the sellers chart indicates its hard to get an exact spot on the heel. If I scale that up, that would mean a 25 from Bauer is 26-27 inches and a 26 would be 27-28. Does that sound crazy?

42 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

My hyperlite 24 measures 25-26 inches roughly, since the way the sellers chart indicates its hard to get an exact spot on the heel. If I scale that up, that would mean a 25 from Bauer is 26-27 inches and a 26 would be 27-28. Does that sound crazy?

Pro paddle sizes are wonky because they could be ordering something like a 25 3/16" paddle from the manufacturer and none of us would be the wiser.  Heel shape also affects the measurement

Based on the picture provided by the seller, it looks to me like they extend an imaginary line from the bottom line of the shaft straight down to the heel as such

If I duplicate that with my 25" Warrior, I come up with 26.5" on the nose

image.png.d0ab4cea28b33cd99fe9b32d9d139398.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Pro paddle sizes are wonky because they could be ordering something like a 25 3/16" paddle from the manufacturer and none of us would be the wiser.  Heel shape also affects the measurement

Based on the picture provided by the seller, it looks to me like they extend an imaginary line from the bottom line of the shaft straight down to the heel as such

If I duplicate that with my 25" Warrior, I come up with 26.5" on the nose

image.png.d0ab4cea28b33cd99fe9b32d9d139398.png

Yeah the bauers seem similar. A 26 is in the ballpark of 28 inches. Too big for me!

• 4 months later...

Hey fellas. Reviving this for a quick question. Couldn't find this elsewhere so here goes. 
I understand that bobrovsky shaved down his paddle.  Does anyone reliably know if he also shortened the length of the shaft? 

For myself, I tower at 5'9 and am thinking of going to an intermediate 23".  Seems to me like it would accomplish the same objective as Bob but without all this shaving down business.  I'm also notoriously "unreliable" with power tools in my hands...

thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

6”0’ with a 25” Mach. Was curious about trying shorter and found a garret sparks stick at the Ontario reign sale on Sunday. Had a pretty interesting cut on the top of the paddle. With the cutout it’s closer to a 23”. I’ll be getting it on the ice this weekend to see how it plays

IMG_4586.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/14/2023 at 2:55 PM, Madmedic6 said:

In 5'8 and use a warrior v2 pro and Bauer mach both in 26" with rounded shoulders from the factory. The Bauer rounded shoulder is subtle, while the warrior is more like a bob shaved paddle and makes it sit way lower than the Bauer. 

received_4589811354469484.jpeg

I'm 5'11 and using this paddle on my R/V2s in 25"