CCM EF5 Customizer Online

ZeroGravitas

26 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Are you in canada? I did not get the same search results

It wouldn't be much help anyways.

Flames equipment sale is normally held on June 8th, from 8-10am at the Saddledome. Obviously didn't happen last year, remains to be seen what they do this year.

4 hours ago, netminder said:

This is kind of off topic but kind of still on topic of New CCM. Does anyone one have any insider info about the CCM Eflex line up for all their upcoming 2021 gear? Chesty, pants, accessories, etc.? Perhaps a catalogue sneek peek?

New sticks coming - they look cool.

New Eflex 5 chesty, discontinuing the Shield name, but it's basically a Shield 3.

There will be one line of pants going forward, just like Bauer is doing.

5 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

There will be one line of pants going forward, just like Bauer is doing.

I've got to be honest, I've always wondered why companies spent the R&D dollars and energy to have 2 lines of pants.  It's the one item almost no goalie who comes into our store is brand loyal on.   Generally speaking the conversation is either about price or fit.  We very rarely have someone coming in to buy model X from brand Y unless they've hit a growth spurt and are trying to replace something they bought in the last year or two.

Even if CCM loses a few sales to Vaughn or Brian's for people looking for a specific style it seems like they'll still come out ahead financially on this move.

10 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

I've got to be honest, I've always wondered why companies spent the R&D dollars and energy to have 2 lines of pants.  It's the one item almost no goalie who comes into our store is brand loyal on.   Generally speaking the conversation is either about price or fit.  We very rarely have someone coming in to buy model X from brand Y unless they've hit a growth spurt and are trying to replace something they bought in the last year or two.

Even if CCM loses a few sales to Vaughn or Brian's for people looking for a specific style it seems like they'll still come out ahead financially on this move.

I think it’s so they can offer different options. Obviously soft vs stiff for pads, two glove closures, a stiff and soft skate the flex in different directions. That stuff makes sense. However the two pant lines, two knee pads, two chesties, that’s odd to me. Unless the chest protectors are that different just make one.

23 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Unless the chest protectors are that different just make one.

I think the only brand of C/A's that are redundant are the Warriors, but even they're dropping the GT line (supposedly).

Bauer, CCM, and Vaughn have two very different feeling C/A's to warrant the dual SKU.

Brian's only has the one line.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Got these coming my way:

A little pad wrap (and some luck finding a decent birdcage) will have me looking like a fatter, less talented version of this guy in no time:

Please tell me you're gonna run tape halfway up the paddle like he did

Archived