Baking before use?

Hey guys.. i bought the CCM 6092's from GMonkey at the clearance price.. 66% off.. hoping they will fit better that the Bauer 4000's I'm using now that never felt right. Anyway is it best to bake before using them? I searched. Thanks in advance. 

888162915925.jpg

Edited by Scythe

On 3/23/2021 at 12:30 AM, DL42 said:

make sure u turn oven off before putting it in

Why? 

More important things are time and right degrees.

This kind of topic and there is always ten different answers and most of answers you should just pass.  If you don't know what to do, go to real pro shop.

I hate to say hoping they fit better then what I have now .. unless i fly yo a superstore i can't try things on. Only shop here in Atlanta has such a small selection.. i think they have maybe 2 models on display.. if they don't feel right when I get them I'll have to send them back.  

On 3/23/2021 at 5:02 AM, Korppi32 said:

Why? 

More important things are time and right degrees.

This kind of topic and there is always ten different answers and most of answers you should just pass.  If you don't know what to do, go to real pro shop.

Guessing here, but skate convection ovens aren't preheated either.

You don't want the wire racks to be super hot when you put your skates on them as it'll melt the plastic/carbon

On 3/23/2021 at 12:55 PM, Chenner29 said:

Guessing here, but skate convection ovens aren't preheated either.

You don't want the wire racks to be super hot when you put your skates on them as it'll melt the plastic/carbon

Skate ovens warm up very quickly and the maximum temperature is only circa 100C/210F. When I bake pro level skates, it takes 5min with a cold skate oven and if the oven is warm 30-60 seconds less.

You have too much heat if you bake skates home with preheated oven and you have to turn it off. Skates wont melt if you have right temperature and time. 

had the skates sharpened 1/2" and baked Tuesday afternoon and used them today at a pickup game. Wow! what a difference .. they feel incredibly good. It felt weird skating for about 5 minutes .. almost took a tumble off an outside edge but once we started the game they felt so good.. couldn't believe how much easier it was to get an edge to bite doing butterfly slides.. literally couldn't do them in the Bauer's. These skates are lighter than the Bauer's too. No aches or pains afterward.. very happy with these.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...