Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Wassup guys 

here a great picture of hyperlite chest , they remove the plastic chest protection .. it’s was really good for protection but pretty bad for thé rebound control , seem to had some foam and they write control rebound foam on chest part ...

 

EE8B8BF8-00EB-4E3B-AA6B-99ABBFA4B745.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Yzueblin said:

I don’t know , it’s where my friend work and he send me the picture , arm is more traditional , I’ll go look the chest in person this week end or the next one 

take as many pics as they allow you :D

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering there’s been photos of vasilevskiy with it I wonder if it’s the first retail nhl spec chest

image.jpeg.ab60f7af57858c32a0593370ef18399d.jpeg

Couldn’t find the picture I wanted to find but this works

Edited by ThatCarGuy
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Considering there’s been photos of vasilevskiy with it I wonder if it’s the first retail nhl spec chest

image.jpeg.ab60f7af57858c32a0593370ef18399d.jpeg

Couldn’t find the picture I wanted to find but this works

From what I have heard he is one of the easiest goalie to deal with in terms of equipment. Almost of his gear is stock, except for his skates have that wrap protection on the boot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RichMan said:

So what exactly is the difference between the GSX and the Elite and the Vapor 3? Is it another SR G5, G5+, G5 Pro?

The GSX Bauer positions itself as an entry-level outfit that is a continuation of the Prodigy line. Elite may be the name of this line for North America, but I'm not exactly sure, although Elite's breasts in your photo are very similar to the GSX

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bauer will have 4 models in 2021.

Hyperlite - Continuation of the Vapor series of C/A focusing on lightweight mobility

Ultrasonic - Continuation of the Supreme series of C/A aimed at maximum protection

Elite - Second pricepoint C/A

GSX - Entry level C/A

 

So there won't be a X2.9 or S29 anymore.  If that's the price range you want to be in you'll have to accept some compromises if Bauer is your brand of choice.   I'd expect to see more companies follow this route.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Bauer will have 4 models in 2021.

Hyperlite - Continuation of the Vapor series of C/A focusing on lightweight mobility

Ultrasonic - Continuation of the Supreme series of C/A aimed at maximum protection

Elite - Second pricepoint C/A

GSX - Entry level C/A

 

So there won't be a X2.9 or S29 anymore.  If that's the price range you want to be in you'll have to accept some compromises if Bauer is your brand of choice.   I'd expect to see more companies follow this route.

after i saw the ultrasonic in store i dont see any maximum protection on it haha 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Bauer will have 4 models in 2021.

Hyperlite - Continuation of the Vapor series of C/A focusing on lightweight mobility

Ultrasonic - Continuation of the Supreme series of C/A aimed at maximum protection

Elite - Second pricepoint C/A

GSX - Entry level C/A

 

So there won't be a X2.9 or S29 anymore.  If that's the price range you want to be in you'll have to accept some compromises if Bauer is your brand of choice.   I'd expect to see more companies follow this route.

Same with accessory knee pads, skates, etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheGoalNet said:

Same with accessory knee pads, skates, etc

Yep.  There's really no need for 2 lines of goalie skate now that they're doing Fit 1, 2 and 3.  Going to a single skate family with multiple fits and pricepoints is a done deal and shouldn't be surprising.   It kind of seems like even leg pads are moving this direction.   The only thing CCM would have to add to the EF5 line to have it effectively be customizeable to an Axis is a choice of boot depth and the ability to remove knee rolls.  Pretty much everything else is there in the customizer this year (Max Rebound foam, loose leg channel, etc...).   Same story with Hyperlite.  At ProCustom you can pick from 4 different knee stacks, Supreme or Vapor strapping, etc... I'm actually a little overwhelmed with all the choices, and adding Digiprint to the mix is making it difficult to settle on what to order.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If large companies would develop 1 model (youth, junior, intermediate, senior/pro) and simply offer different mods/specs, it would be less confusing and maybe easier to tailor the gear to your specific likes and needs. I feel like Warrior has already boarded that train, especially if the GT line is not being extended.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RichMan said:

If large companies would develop 1 model (youth, junior, intermediate, senior/pro) and simply offer different mods/specs, it would be less confusing and maybe easier to tailor the gear to your specific likes and needs. I feel like Warrior has already boarded that train, especially if the GT line is not being extended.

They've done it well too!  The G5 pad feels like an improved version of the GT2 on the ice with it's better sliding and harder rebounds.  In the locker room it feels stiffer, but once you're on the ice the two pads feel pretty similar due to Warrior's strapping system.  The only loss with the GT line will be catch gloves with a sewn in break.  I understand the benefits of the removable liner but I just don't think they outweigh the downsides of longer break-in time and the loss of feel that comes with having extra layers in the glove. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

They've done it well too!  The G5 pad feels like an improved version of the GT2 on the ice with it's better sliding and harder rebounds.  In the locker room it feels stiffer, but once you're on the ice the two pads feel pretty similar due to Warrior's strapping system.  The only loss with the GT line will be catch gloves with a sewn in break.  I understand the benefits of the removable liner but I just don't think they outweigh the downsides of longer break-in time and the loss of feel that comes with having extra layers in the glove. 

I strongly agree with the catch glove. The glove insert is a much better idea than what Vaughn tried to do with their GX skates. Regardless I do feel that Warrior can afford 3 different glove breaks production or simply stick with one, the 75 break. It would still sell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...