G4 Thread

cwarnar

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That is interesting. I haven't had any issues with my GT1's or 2's and I've had them set u with both the ARS toe/boot strap and just Prolecs/no boot strap.

Where do you land on the knee stack?

How are you liking your different sets? Do you have a favorite. What do you think are the biggest pros and cons in YOUR opinion on the different sets you play in? Just so its not all serious, what set is luckier for you? What other gear have you tried other than warrior?

2 minutes ago, kyledjean said:

How are you liking your different sets? Do you have a favorite. What do you think are the biggest pros and cons in YOUR opinion on the different sets you play in? Just so its not all serious, what set is luckier for you? What other gear have you tried other than warrior?

Well I don't have my GT1's anymore. They were sold to a buddy. GT2's are an upgrade to the GT1's in almost every aspect. I love the stiffer thighrise and blocker face. I preferred the 70 degree catch angle of the GT1 over the 75 of the GT2, not a fan of how they went away from the bindingless design of the knee stack.

Very happy with the upgrade overall but I don't feel they have changed anything about my game, better or worse.

Used RBK 6k and Vaughn 7600 V4's and RGT1 SR leg pads
Bauer one 55 Gloves, Vaughn LT90 Catcher, Vaughn 7460 Blocker and RGT1 gloves

49 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That is interesting. I haven't had any issues with my GT1's or 2's and I've had them set u with both the ARS toe/boot strap and just Prolecs/no boot strap.

Where do you land on the knee stack?

I would say slightly above center but not way forward

It’s hard to see because of the black landing area. I have also noticed that my blocker side pad (right pad in picture) seems to be worse than the catching side.

Just for the record this isn’t me bashing the pads I really do like them and am not concerned about the gap so much as I am just curious as to why it’s happening.

E02E5B57-CBCB-4604-9A9E-C3653EFC1FE5.jpeg

1 minute ago, kyledjean said:

I remember reading in a thread about removing the calf wrap from the calf sliding surface to release some tension. I believe they said its velcroed together or through a loop. Have you tried that?

That only really works for the G3 and GT1. G4 and GT2 have an adjustable calf wrap that removes the need to do that.

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

If you were landing a bit short, I could maybe pin the lift to that. Since you're landing higher, it won't be the cause.

Is this image without skates on?

I have skates on along with all the equipment I wear from the waist down.

One thing I thought of that may be related: what's your posture in your butterfly on your knees?  Are you kinda slouching down in the back, towards your skate like you are leaning back on a wall?  Or are you upright, close to a right angle with your weight over your knees?

From this side view, are you   _|   or   _\ ?

I'm wondering if you've trained your pads into popping up in front from leaning back too much.

Just now, Shady80 said:

I have skates on along with all the equipment I wear from the waist down.

You've got me stumped. I can't imagine it's the heel straps that are doing it. Especially since they're elastic.

You shouldn't be seeing this type of lift, especially from the blocker side pad but without being able to see them in person I won't be able to really tell ya what's wrong with em.

36 minutes ago, seagoal said:

One thing I thought of that may be related: what's your posture in your butterfly on your knees?  Are you kinda slouching down in the back, towards your skate like you are leaning back on a wall?  Or are you upright, close to a right angle with your weight over your knees?

From this side view, are you   _|   or   _\ ?

I'm wondering if you've trained your pads into popping up in front from leaning back too much.

If I lean back it does make it much worse because of it pulling on the pad, but in that picture i was in line.

I am not gonna say I don’t drop my waist during play, but I noticed the gap when they arrived in the mail, I haven’t noticed there being any twist in the pads or the gap changing over time.

12 minutes ago, Shady80 said:

If I lean back it does make it much worse because of it pulling on the pad, but in that picture i was in line.

I am not gonna say I don’t drop my waist during play, but I noticed the gap when they arrived in the mail, I haven’t noticed there being any twist in the pads or the gap changing over time.

Huh, well, it's always possible they were built with a slight twist if they showed up for you that way. 

13 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Huh, well, it's always possible they were built with a slight twist if they showed up for you that way. 

I remember seeing the g3 montreal colored pads look like this on goalie monkey. Think wow there is no way those would seal. But it was only that color scheme that looked like that

3 hours ago, kyledjean said:

Can you take a pick of them standing next to each other on a wall? To see if they seal against each other.

This is the best I could do the gap that is between them is caused by the knee blocks touching, the only way to make them flat against the other is by pressing them together.

84DAAEF1-9DAF-4A05-819F-9900135BAB3A.jpeg

@Shady80

Decided to take some pictures for my own curiosity. 

When the pads are sitting on their own, there is a bit of lift but still not as bad as yours. Keep in mind these are GT2's and have a toe taper that's leading to a bit of the lift. 

Second picture has me in them. No skates or anything. As you can see, seal is almost flush. 

I could not for the life of me replicate your issue. I know this doesn't help, but it may offer a bit more insight as to this may just be an issue you're facing with your set being possible warped? And not a strapping one. 

20190828_180346.thumb.jpg.43d7f764169dddcaa396b24b9c832139.jpg20190828_180417.thumb.jpg.5a00f2738fc7f0c8e04f26f55fabc685.jpg

Edit: don't forget that warrior has a 6 month warranty on pads. If this is a manufacturing issue, I'm sure @Kirk3190 will be able to guide you to getting it remedied 

13 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@Shady80

Decided to take some pictures for my own curiosity. 

When the pads are sitting on their own, there is a bit of lift but still not as bad as yours. Keep in mind these are GT2's and have a toe taper that's leading to a bit of the lift. 

Second picture has me in them. No skates or anything. As you can see, seal is almost flush. 

I could not for the life of me replicate your issue. I know this doesn't help, but it may offer a bit more insight as to this may just be an issue you're facing with your set being possible warped? And not a strapping one. 

20190828_180346.thumb.jpg.43d7f764169dddcaa396b24b9c832139.jpg20190828_180417.thumb.jpg.5a00f2738fc7f0c8e04f26f55fabc685.jpg

Edit: don't forget that warrior has a 6 month warranty on pads. If this is a manufacturing issue, I'm sure @Kirk3190 will be able to guide you to getting it remedied 

I appreciate the help and pictures, I will be getting ahold or warrior today to see if they have any remedies.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 8:33 AM, pennan said:

any news on this shady80?

Sorry for the late reply didnt check the thread, as far as the gap it is still there I’ve tried different levels of loose or tight strapping and switched to tgn spec toe ties but nothing changed it even slightly. It’s almost like The thigh rise has a taper like old school pads “except they don’t”. in any case I haven’t noticed it affect my play, it just looks ugly in random photos people have taken.

10 hours ago, Shady80 said:

Sorry for the late reply didnt check the thread, as far as the gap it is still there I’ve tried different levels of loose or tight strapping and switched to tgn spec toe ties but nothing changed it even slightly. It’s almost like The thigh rise has a taper like old school pads “except they don’t”. in any case I haven’t noticed it affect my play, it just looks ugly in random photos people have taken.

You didn't contact Warrior or your local shop about it?

Archived