G4 Thread

cwarnar

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/9/2020 at 10:22 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

You didn't contact Warrior or your local shop about it?

I live in North Carolina so I have to order almost everything off the internet, I thought about talking to warrior but after some time passed I didn’t see any negative effects so I just went with it.

Hi all looking for some help. My landing gear stitching is coming undone. I have had my pads for probably 6-8 months. I read about this issue before and also saw that Warrior fixed it. Something about the wrong stitch count. I thought I would be safe because my pads came after this. 

20191224_114845.jpg

20191224_114850.jpg

3 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

pretty crappy that pads are doing this after such a short time, makes me think again about getting warrior gear. Yes there are ways to fix it but you shouldn't have to fix it yourself on a new pad, Warrior needs to step up and fix this issue.

I will say that after 8-ish months the ONLY issue I've had with my full set has been the easily repairable stitching issue on the landing gear.  I've certainly had worse issues with other brands.

6 hours ago, dreadlocked1 said:

They went back to old tech on the g4 and r gt2 when they had a good setup on the first few models. Binding vs no binding.  Its like they reverted to fix it next year. 

it wasnt old tech , the needed that binding for the air slide.  The g3 w/o the binding was not good for the fact the top and bottom were not velcro on like the g2 were , this cause the bottom or top to curl if the stitching was not perfect and or if there was an air bubble in the foam.

8 hours ago, DL42 said:

it wasnt old tech , the needed that binding for the air slide.  The g3 w/o the binding was not good for the fact the top and bottom were not velcro on like the g2 were , this cause the bottom or top to curl if the stitching was not perfect and or if there was an air bubble in the foam.

Can't be.  No Air Slide on the GT2 but they have a binding

5 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I believe the G5 line will render this discussion moot.  It doesn't help those who own G4's or GT2's, but it is nice to see Warrior evolving their line.

Re-evolving. They had a bindingless knee stack on the G3 and GT1.

Either way, I've had zero issues with the binding on my GT2. The raised version of it was way better than the G4 version.

18 hours ago, RichMan said:

No leaks on the G5 line anywhere? Any GT3 in the makes?

Nothing so far.  Retailers have been shown the line as well as the catalog.  I got a few tidbits but as per the norm these days I'm sworn to secrecy until launch of the promo materials.   I would say its a refresh of the G series vs any major changes or overhauls.  As many have dropped it'll be a big year for Warrior Goalie as a whole

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

Nothing so far.  Retailers have been shown the line as well as the catalog.  I got a few tidbits but as per the norm these days I'm sworn to secrecy until launch of the promo materials.   I would say its a refresh of the G series vs any major changes or overhauls.  As many have dropped it'll be a big year for Warrior Goalie as a whole

The leak I saw included a snapshot of the helmet Warrior is releasing too. Definitely interested in looking at it.

Archived