G4 Thread

cwarnar

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/11/2020 at 11:36 PM, Quadzilla32 said:

can someone please measure their stock or +2 34/33” thighrise from the top edge of the knee stack (where it meets the pad) to the top of the pad. I’m not worried about right or wrong place to measure I just need it from that spot. 

thank you 

I asked Puckstopper that question on his 35+2 G5 if this is of any use:

On 4/13/2020 at 3:30 AM, StevenC said:

I asked Puckstopper that question on his 35+2 G5 if this is of any use

Thank you for that, it helped a lot! I see you are/were in passau 34+2 and they probably measure around the same as my 34+2 Simmons. Looking at your measurement my thigh rises are about the same size/length of yours. 

did you ever order or get a pair  of warriors and what size did you go with? I’m ordering a set right now and I’m torn between getting a 1.5 or 2.0, I hear people saying that the stock thigh rises are huge and  the stiffer pad will sit higher and play differently than a softer style pad. 

59 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Thank you for that, it helped a lot! I see you are/were in passau 34+2 and they probably measure around the same as my 34+2 Simmons. Looking at your measurement my thigh rises are about the same size/length of yours. 

did you ever order or get a pair  of warriors and what size did you go with? I’m ordering a set right now and I’m torn between getting a 1.5 or 2.0, I hear people saying that the stock thigh rises are huge and  the stiffer pad will sit higher and play differently than a softer style pad. 

Haven't ordered yet, still trying to figure out the sizing.

Same as you, read people saying that the thigh rises are huge but i'm struggling to understand that as the measurements in inches are in the warrior sizing chart....unless they aren't accurate!?

My current passaus have a measurement from mid knee to top of thigh rise of 11" which makes it a 34+3 based on the warrior sizing chart....which sacres me as it seems massive!! 😅

Puckstoppers 35+2 would be the 9" in the picture plus 2.75" (half the knee block) = 11.75", which according to the warrior measurement chart should be 10.5".

Very confused!!!!

For what this is worth, I went from +2 G3s to +2 V8s and really don’t notice any difference as far as skating and mobility when it comes to how the tops of the pads interact.  The thinned-out thigh rise of the G3 definitely made it seem taller, and it might have been as it was easier to close my five-hole along the entire width of the pad in the Warriors.  

I was in a set of Simmons 995, which were +1, before the Warriors and that was obviously a noticeable change, but it took me all of two skates to adjust.  

To me, as long as the pad is fit right for where you land on the stack and the thigh rise isn’t something waaay beyond what you’re used to, you’ll be able to adjust pretty easily - and anytime you move from one pad to another there will be some adjustment. 

17 minutes ago, sescaro said:

For what this is worth, I went from +2 G3s to +2 V8s and really don’t notice any difference as far as skating and mobility when it comes to how the tops of the pads interact.  The thinned-out thigh rise of the G3 definitely made it seem taller, and it might have been as it was easier to close my five-hole along the entire width of the pad in the Warriors.  

I was in a set of Simmons 995, which were +1, before the Warriors and that was obviously a noticeable change, but it took me all of two skates to adjust.  

To me, as long as the pad is fit right for where you land on the stack and the thigh rise isn’t something waaay beyond what you’re used to, you’ll be able to adjust pretty easily - and anytime you move from one pad to another there will be some adjustment. 

I’m not to concerned with mobility since I know it will get some time to get use to my only concern is not being able to close my five hole all the way with my narrow ass BF. I have 999 Simmons right now and my thigh rise measures 9” from knee stack to top of the pad but they have settled a little bit and probably fit me not as a +2. If the pads sit higher than my current pads they should fit right around the same thigh rise area 

im in 34+2 right now and was suggested to go with 34+1.5

13 minutes ago, StevenC said:

Did a shop suggest that?

Yes I was suggested by TGC and Kirk I’m just worried about not actually trying them on but I would think they wouldn’t settle so they would sit higher than my current pads and be either the same height or slightly taller. 

it’s just hard because I don’t know how much my pads now have actually settled. 

My BF is pretty narrow - not clicking heels narrow, but not very wide - in the G3’s, at least initially, I had to rely on the profile lock to shape the pad a bit (not extreme, but noticeable) to get my five-hole closed.  I never stored my pads upside down or tried to work on the break/pad shape besides that, though.

go by the chart per company and dont measure ur old pad.  

u guys a r making it more complicated then it really is.

dont mix sizing chart from 2 diff companies

never measure 2 diff companies by the top of the knee stack that is stupid, its like saying i should wear a size 13 shoe bc i'm 6'2".

btw= u measure mid knee on the pad to the top thigh rise when the pad is flat and straight not curved and from the middle of the pad not the side.  

On the warrior pads measure flat not curve bc the to foam on the top thigh rise is slanted when curved.

On 4/13/2020 at 9:27 AM, Quadzilla32 said:

Yes I was suggested by TGC and Kirk I’m just worried about not actually trying them on but I would think they wouldn’t settle so they would sit higher than my current pads and be either the same height or slightly taller. 

it’s just hard because I don’t know how much my pads now have actually settled. 

Our pads do not settle so no issue there.  One thing to keep in mind is the heel strap can really be used to move the knee block up/down by very minor increments.  Whether that be tightening, loosening, removing or changing the angle of it.  I am confident you'll get the right size (and we do have our Fit Guarantee Promise too -- Just in case).  

16 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

Our pads do not settle so no issue there.  One thing to keep in mind is the heel strap can really be used to move the knee block up/down by very minor increments.  Whether that be tightening, loosening, removing or changing the angle of it.  I am confident you'll get the right size (and we do have our Fit Guarantee Promise too -- Just in case).  

After speaking with you and Rance  from the goalie crease I’m pretty confident I got the right size. Ordered my set today and can’t wait to get my hands on them, but now I have to play the 8/10 week waiting game....

Thank you for all the help!

The waiting game is the WORST!!!  I'm obsessive enough that I added dates to my calendar for earliest/latest projected delivery with the last few sets of gear I ordered.  With my GT2s I was checking Warrior's Insta every day to see if they were posted and might be on their way to me.  The one thing I'll say for Warrior is that (in my experience at least) they tend to hit the early side of their timeframes.  I was told 6-8 weeks for my GT2 set and recieved them a day or two past the 6 week mark.  My G5s showed up so quickly (a full 2 weeks ahead of the earliest projected delivery!)  that I didn't even have time to start obsessively checking Insta.   I'm lucky they did too.  Another couple weeks and the store I work for would have been shut down, meaning my pads would be sitting in limbo with my M1 sticks! 😒

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

The waiting game is the WORST!!!  I'm obsessive enough that I added dates to my calendar for earliest/latest projected delivery with the last few sets of gear I ordered.  With my GT2s I was checking Warrior's Insta every day to see if they were posted and might be on their way to me.  The one thing I'll say for Warrior is that (in my experience at least) they tend to hit the early side of their timeframes.  I was told 6-8 weeks for my GT2 set and recieved them a day or two past the 6 week mark.  My G5s showed up so quickly (a full 2 weeks ahead of the earliest projected delivery!)  that I didn't even have time to start obsessively checking Insta.   I'm lucky they did too.  Another couple weeks and the store I work for would have been shut down, meaning my pads would be sitting in limbo with my M1 sticks! 😒

Lucky you, my set was almost two weeks behind. 

Know how tough it is to hear of so many people saying that Warrior gear comes early and yours is the odd late one? You want to talk about obsessive checking. :P 

11 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

I hope mine fall into the early category like yours did. The waiting is the worst part, even though we can’t ply right now I can still look at them for hours and imagine playing damnit!! 

as a former retail worker I know it’s good practice to over project so when they come early you look like the hero a saying they will be here early and they are late then you look like an ass

I'm also expecting my first child within the coming weeks so that will take my mind off of it too 

• 1 month later...

Dude, thank you. I searched over and over again... and yet I never thought to check the pro one. I thought it was sold out with the senior when I first checked, and I actually opened he senior window twice. 

such a dumbass. 

thanks man! Ordered that and the leather boot strap. Fingers crossed. 

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

Just used my G4’s for the first time today and had the issue with the pad overlapping at the top. Is this an issue with adjusting my stance or is it something I can adjust on the pad that I can drop the pad a little lower?

thanks a lot for the response!

That half inch can cause problems I have to ask my buddy if trimming the thigh rise is good on these otherwise Cuprajake prolly has the best advice. I know storing my GT sr pads upside down isn’t making them anymore s shaped and not being overlapping I remember the guy on socialmedia taking a saw to his Warrior pads during a tornament that pic was brutal!

I never used G4s, but on both my GT2's and my G5's, the tops started out quite stiff and tended to overlap.  After a few ice times they'd broken in and met perfectly.  If you've got the pro series you can use the Profile Lock to accelerate the break-in process, but if not just store them upside down for a couple weeks and you should be in good shape.

Archived