Endorse Any NHL Brand

TheGoalNet

NHL Gear   

32 members have voted

1. 1. If you could edorse any brand in the NHL (set, pants, and C&A), who you signing with?

• Bauer
    • Brian’s
    • CCM
    • Vaughn

If I'm buying pads (if I didn't last year) as a regular joe, I'm leaning Brian's Optik, or CCM Premiers. Brian's always comes up with creative and functional features to their equipment, and the Optik is a very forward-thinking pad that's also just right for now (if that makes any sense). I also can get anything on them that I want for a graphic. CCM is just a familiarity thing. That classic Lefevbre feel is timeless. It's the same thing with just enough minor upgrades to keep up with the Bauer/Brian'. I went with Vaughn, also for familiarity and customization, but if I'm buying in November 2017, I'd be swayed to those other two.

If I'm now getting endorsed as a NHL guy, this is a whole different ballgame. I can get multiple sets, the newest thing before it's even out, any spec I want, etc. Brian's is still in the running, but Bauer and their futuristic stuff is winning me over. I tried the Vapors and loved them, however, my one major reason for not buying them as a regular joe is that Bauer is still perfecting this brand new technology. There's bound to be some kinks still. I don't know with the new internals if the pad would break down sooner, or have unique quirks that appear as they get used more. Now getting endorsed, this changes that! I get new pads whenever, so I wouldn't have to worry about technical difficulties, and money isn't an issue. Gonna have to say I'd be disappointing and sell my soul to Bauer and the Vapor 1X line.

I voted for bauer, because I like their CA, pants, masks, skates, sticks... just everthing but not much the 1X/1S pads and gloves - materials concern. So in case I get profesional NHL contract (I´m realy near, you know xD), then I can have lot of sets for year or bauer should make me pads from traditional materials.  

Other option is CCM and make them bring back KOHO like Jonas Hiller did ;).

I am dying to try the Optiks but until I get my hands on them I have no idea if I would like them or not.  Brian's definitely seems to be pushing the modernization of the goal pad.  For that reason I would like to think I would choose Brian's.  I have tried a Gnetik before and I did like it so I guess I would have that to fall back on.  However, I voted Vaughn only because I know I like what they bring to the table with the Velocity line.  For what its worth, I would definitely give Brian's a shot at changing that if I had the access to their gear that an NHL goalie has.

2 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

If I wasn't so picky about my gear then this would be the next best option haha

It depends on high level I would be as a pro. Yes- as an NHL-er, you ARE one of the 62 best in the world, but even there,  you have rankings. I am certain that if Price was in love with the Bauer stuff, CCM would make something close. With that said, I have a funny feeling that even as a pro in the SHOW, you have more influence on your gear than it would seem. Otherwise, the pro in question would just go to whom they like best! 

Service from the reps and company would almost rank up there with money, unless the money was THAT good for me. 

I voted Brian's, but personally what I've often thought of is getting a niche brand in the show if I could. Split the licensing fees (or cover them all, what's a few hundred grand if you're making the average salary of $2.4M?) and wear fully branded Passau/Kenesky/Factory Mad, etc. Just something I'd like to do if I played at that level to support/promote a small brand. I'd add Warrior as well, but they probably have the funds to pay the fees....

6 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

I voted Brian's, but personally what I've often thought of is getting a niche brand in the show if I could. Split the licensing fees (or cover them all, what's a few hundred grand if you're making the average salary of $2.4M?) and wear fully branded Passau/Kenesky/Factory Mad, etc. Just something I'd like to do if I played at that level to support/promote a small brand. I'd add Warrior as well, but they probably have the funds to pay the fees....

Factory Mad is ready for the show; he does not put branding on his stuff. You can look and make out an “F” in the graphics. 

On 11/23/2017 at 10:57 PM, ULTIMA said:

NHL goalies pretty well get whatever they want. So at that level, every company is custom.

Sure, but each companies definition of custom is different and how much a company caters to a guy varies too... 

Bauer won’t make any more pads that isn’t OD1N tech. I have it from Budaj himself that he was forced into 1X when he wanted another pair of Reactor / X60s mash ups. It’s also rumored he has EF3s being made... 

Vaughn on the other hand builds Quick his V2 / V4 hybrid no problem 

On 11/25/2017 at 1:33 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Sure, but each companies definition of custom is different and how much a company caters to a guy varies too... 

Bauer won’t make any more pads that isn’t OD1N tech. I have it from Budaj himself that he was forced into 1X when he wanted another pair of Reactor / X60s mash ups. It’s also rumored he has EF3s being made... 

Vaughn on the other hand builds Quick his V2 / V4 hybrid no problem 

While this is 100% true, some companies do more for certain players.  Its hard to compare one of Vaughn's flagship goalies to Petr Budaj lol.

Archived