2021 IIHF Worls Championships

estogoalie

5 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

Mangiapane leading Team Canada to the promised land.

WE ARE ALL SO EXCITED!

He just told me a few minutes ago to try and not make him more nervous for tomorrow haha. 

His mom also told the entire family (jokingly) to follow the same routines as today for some added luck haha. We're going to safely celebrate with him once it's safe to do so, whichever the outcome of the Finals may be. It's a medal. 

Edited by creasecollector
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

WE ARE ALL SO EXCITED!

He just told me a few minutes ago to try and not make him more nervous for tomorrow haha. 

His mom also told the entire family (jokingly) to follow the same routines as today for some added luck haha. We're going to safely celebrate with him once it's safe to do so, whichever the outcome of the Finals may be. It's a medal. 

Normally I'm one of those "I'd rather win Bronze than lose for Silver" type people, but I genuinely don't care this year. Gold or Silver, it's a win I'll be happy with.

• Like 1

Well, I was pulling for Finland, but congrats to Canada. They played kind of undisciplined, but pulled it out at the end. Nice GWG in OT. And congrats to Magnapane for MVP award :chug:

And congrats to USA for the Bronze. Kind of symbolic that once again the US defeats Germany on June 6  ;) Germany's goaltending was Jeckyl/Hyde. Or Niederberger/Bruckmann. Niederberger played great 1.7 GAA and 93 save%, while Bruckmann had 3.7 GAA and 81 save%. No idea why they played Bruckmann for the medal game, made no sense considering his garbage performance in the previous games. They would have had a much better chance for a medal with two solid goalies to go with. Too bad Germany banned Greis from the team for political reasons. But that's what you get when you put politics before performance. Well, maybe someone will be nice and give them a "participation trophy" ;) If you sense I have some schadenfreude towards the German team, you're 100% correct ;) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

And congrats to USA for the Bronze. Kind of symbolic that once again the US defeats Germany on June 6  ;) 

Nicely done! I was thinking about how to work in a Normandy reference today, but came up empty. Bit of trivia: D-Day was originally slated for 5 June, but was pushed back due to weather.