Packing your bag

1 hour ago, MTH said:

Standing outside the rink last after my game. Big dude walks in rolling his Grit tower bag behind him. I told him that Mite tryouts were earlier that day. He wasn't to happy with my comment.

I've never understood the hating on wheeled bags.  Who the heck cares how you get your gear in?  I deadlift over 400 lbs and squat close to 450.  I also choose to save my back by not dragging a bag over one shoulder and wasting energy before a game.  You can have my Grit Sumo bag when you can pry it from my cold, dead hands.  ;)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jeff da goalie said:

I've never understood the hating on wheeled bags.  Who the heck cares how you get your gear in?  I deadlift over 400 lbs and squat close to 450.  I also choose to save my back by not dragging a bag over one shoulder and wasting energy before a game.  You can have my Grit Sumo bag when you can pry it from my cold, dead hands.  ;)

Not this again.

• Haha 1

Its just innocent ball busting.  There is no reason to get upset over it.  You wheely baggers may look like flight attendants rolling down an airport terminal but at least you're smarter than those of us bag carriers to not haul around heavy equipment on your shoulders like idiots.  There, I made fun of both parties equally, myself included.  Happy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Its just innocent ball busting.  There is no reason to get upset over it.  You wheely baggers may look like flight attendants rolling down an airport terminal but at least you're smarter than those of us bag carriers to not haul around heavy equipment on your shoulders like idiots.  There, I made fun of both parties equally, myself included.  Happy?

Very.  Thank you.  :headbang:

Edited by jeff da goalie

2 hours ago, MTH said:

Standing outside the rink last after my game. Big dude walks in rolling his Grit tower bag behind him. I told him that Mite tryouts were earlier that day. He wasn't to happy with my comment.

Maybe he was just unhappy he missed his tryouts. At least he didn't ride his bag into the rink... that'll be a thing soon enough... it's what wheeled bag guys will make fun of...

Image result for flight attendant wheeled bag

9 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Maybe he was just unhappy he missed his tryouts. At least he didn't ride his bag into the rink... that'll be a thing soon enough... it's what wheeled bag guys will make fun of...

Image result for flight attendant wheeled bag

I loved the fact that Grit had to put in a flyer in my bag when I bought it that specifically warned against putting a keg in the bottom section of the bag.  That would be a neat feature to have.  A riding bag, not so much, unless that's the only way to shlep a keg in there.

3 minutes ago, jeff da goalie said:

I loved the fact that Grit had to put in a flyer in my bag when I bought it that specifically warned against putting a keg in the bottom section of the bag.  That would be a neat feature to have.  A riding bag, not so much, unless that's the only way to shlep a keg in there.

I think this keg discussion needs further exploration. :chug:

7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

May as well just show up in a mobility scooter.

At less than 5 months to 60, all I can say is - don't tempt me>:(

In other news,I've already mastered inverting my goalie sticks to use them as crutches

Edited by Ghostender
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ghostender said:

At less than 5 months to 60, all I can say is - don't tempt me>:(

In other news,I've already mastered inverting my goalie sticks to use them as crutches

Hey! I'm just over 5 months to thirty. 

And I'm definitely down for a mobility scooter. It's a device that transcends age. 

• 1 month later...

Was taking a hard look at Brown’s 2400 goalie bag. Seems to have all features I’d want and looks way more durable than most goalie carry bags I’ve seen. Like the grommet vent holes for ventilation too.

Anyone know about how much this one is? No pricing on the site.

I do like the idea of the Passau backpack though. Might look into this too.

EE074309-243A-48F5-9DC6-7EFB61F486D9.png

12 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Was taking a hard look at Brown’s 2400 goalie bag. Seems to have all features I’d want and looks way more durable than most goalie carry bags I’ve seen. Like the grommet vent holes for ventilation too.

Anyone know about how much this one is? No pricing on the site.

I do like the idea of the Passau backpack though. Might look into this too.

EE074309-243A-48F5-9DC6-7EFB61F486D9.png

I have this bag. It was a gift so not sure of the cost. It is durable and the oval shaped opening is great. Only issue is the straps are long so it hangs a little low making it slightly awkward to carry. It’s also quite big. 

On 5/7/2018 at 10:19 PM, dstew29 said:

Thanks @WillyGrips13that’s good to know. Had longer straps on my old Vaughn bag so I’m used to that.

@TheGoalNet @SaveByRichter35Never carried my pads separately because I could always fit everything in my bags. Is it just the easier in/out of the car? What else am I missing?

For me I never had a bag big enough to fit my pads so I always carried them.  I feel a bag that would fit everything would be too big to carry.  

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2018 at 4:27 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

For me I never had a bag big enough to fit my pads so I always carried them.  I feel a bag that would fit everything would be too big to carry.  

That's my personal feeling as well. I tried the carry-everything bag when I was younger and people used to say I'd bust through door frames like the Kool-Aid man. OH YEAAAAA!

resize.jpg.3d68901fcacf492d63c40dcd5772fdde.jpg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, aircanuck said:

That's my personal feeling as well. I tried the carry-everything bag when I was younger and people used to say I'd bust through door frames like the Kool-Aid man. OH YEAAAAA!

resize.jpg.3d68901fcacf492d63c40dcd5772fdde.jpg

? laughed pretty good at this one. And I've definitely been that guy leaving a trail of carnage behind me to and from the locker room.

On 5/10/2018 at 4:27 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Thanks, makes sense.Yeah my old bag fit everything but it was a bitch to carry at times. That sumo locker bag looks like an interesting third option that i might check out too.

Without my pads in the bag - I use a normal sized bag (still a goal bag) and enjoy life that much more.

Plus your pads are able to air out some on way home and overnight without having to tear into the full bag again.

The pads not being in the bag makes it lighter. I would get marks on my shoulder carrying one bag with all in it around. With the pads separate, they have their own strap on my shoulder so the weight is now on more than one point.