2021 Playoffs

MTH

44 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

So 4 games for Scheifele. Thoughts on this…? Again recusing myself on this, given my allegiances 

I think it should have been the length of the series, but with the way Winnipeg played the first game, it might still be.

I can see the DPOS saying mitigating factors of things like no elbow raised, "glided" from the dots, etc. In my opinion those are outweighed by how far he came from to lay the hit and not even trying to play the puck on it. That the hearing was by telephone indicated it would be <=5 games, so 4 is one under the max he could have gotten once they decided that.

Shared this in another chat...

Stop me if you see a pattern developing...

Montreal vs TOR -
- ACTION: Tavares goes out G1 with the injury. 
- RESULT: Montreal goes on to win in 7

Montreal vs WPG -
- ACTION: Scheifele will sit G2 through G5.
- RESULT: Montreal goes on to...??

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

Shared this in another chat...

Stop me if you see a pattern developing...

Montreal vs TOR -
- ACTION: Tavares goes out G1 with the injury. 
- RESULT: Montreal goes on to win in 7

Montreal vs WPG -
- ACTION: Scheifele will sit G2 through G5.
- RESULT: Montreal goes on to...??

Perhaps - but it can also go the other way:

-ACTION: Price gets injured

-RESULT: Montreal implodes

As good as he is, the big issue with Price is that he doesn’t score enough.

20 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

So 4 games for Scheifele. Thoughts on this…? Again recusing myself on this, given my allegiances 

Fitting.. dude better watch his back

How about that goal by Marchand a couple nights ago.. what an angle to find that corner. Somewhat of a tool but dudes always scoring 

Edited by Scythe

Sheifele is a douche. His intentions were very clear, his frustration the whole game was the ultimate build-up to it. Getting into a fight would of been better for both sides. The 4 days isn't enough IMO. If it goes to 7 games, a possible payback might be expected, but then again Montreal doesn't want to screw up their run with a stupid move that could cost them the series.

We will see how it pans out I guess.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I'd like to see the league use "for the rest of the series" suspensions. Guys don't get paid for playoff games, so there's no reason they can't provide an undetermined suspension like that.

That said, I feel 4 games is about right. I'd've done 5, because that way he only comes back in the event of a Game 7, and a series deciding game is far too important to be singling out any one individual for retribution. But 4 is fine, and appropriate for a guy with no history.

1 hour ago, Scythe said:

Wanting Islanders or Hurricanes in this whole thing.  

I want Habs - but really, truly and honestly did not think we’d get past the Leafs. Now we’re not going to be swept by the Jets, like I thought… my team’s success has been very hard to process.  I wasn’t prepared for this, and now I’m a wreck! LOL!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I want Habs - but really, truly and honestly did not think we’d get past the Leafs. Now we’re not going to be swept by the Jets, like I thought… my team’s success has been very hard to process.  I wasn’t prepared for this, and now I’m a wreck! LOL!

Well Carolina might be toast this week so I'd love to see a Montreal NY final. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Well, it can’t be a New York State team vs a Canadian team in the way it was in ‘94, cus your group of scrubs and @coopaloop1234’s Canuckleheads couldn’t manage to get invited to the prom this year! LOL!

For the record, I'm primarily a Habs fan. I'm also a Canucks fan, but they're second.

You know, i didn't expect the Habs to beat Toronto, so that was great.
I definitely didn't expect the possibility of a sweep against the Jets, so that's Great.
And I really don't expect them to beat Knights/Avs, but look how wrong I've been so far.