Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

At work selling gear and plotting my next purchase all while throwing a lacrosse ball around 😁

Has junk tag made its way to your shop?  We used to play it all the time during the week when it was slow.

Two people stand x number of feet apart and bounce a lacrosse ball into the other's junk

59 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

At the dealership weighing my lease-end options. 

55 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

My lease is up in like 3 weeks.  I can't find the truck I want locally and was told a new factory order will take months due to a chip shortage so I am most likely extending my lease unless something suddenly pops up.

Used car market is really hot right now due in part to the chip shortage.  I'd take it to a Carmax or something similar to see how much they're willing to offer.  A few of people I've talked to have made substantial money back after turning in their leases and parlayed it into an upgrade into a nicer used car.

Never understood the lease thing. I've always liked knowing that the vehicle I have is mine and I don't have to turn it in unless I want to trade for something else. But even then, it's a purchase that is MINE.

My cousin (way back when) used to do a 1yr lease. Just baffled me when he'd show up in something new.

26 minutes ago, loki1416 said:

Never understood the lease thing. I've always liked knowing that the vehicle I have is mine and I don't have to turn it in unless I want to trade for something else. But even then, it's a purchase that is MINE.

My cousin (way back when) used to do a 1yr lease. Just baffled me when he'd show up in something new.

Well, I get a new car every three years. Monthly payments are less for a lease than purchasing a new car. I weighed buying my lease vs leasing the newer version of the trim line I have. The only options to buy that were cheaper required money down. So leasing was the best option again. My investment guy says buy used or lease if you want new. Unless you are ordering a custom vehicle. 

It is a sad day in the world of thatcarguy. Went to replace the cv’s on my Subaru only to find they had rusted into the knuckle 😑. Guess I’m getting more bearings and a new knuckle in addition to the cv’s. On the bright side the stupid heat shield rattle is fixed along with the wind noise

17 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Used car market is really hot right now due in part to the chip shortage.  I'd take it to a Carmax or something similar to see how much they're willing to offer.  A few of people I've talked to have made substantial money back after turning in their leases and parlayed it into an upgrade into a nicer used car.

That's not a bad idea actually.  I figured I would use my lease for some kind trade in value when I can finally find the truck I want.  In your scenario, does this involve having to buy out my lease and then go and sell it to a Carmax?

16 hours ago, loki1416 said:

I drive 4-5 miles to work every day.  My current lease is up in July.  In three years have about 14k miles.  My wife works about 3 miles from home.  It just makes sense for us to lease.  As stated, no need for a down payment other than taxes and fees, lower monthly payments, and the vehicle is always under warranty if something goes wrong.  By the time things start going awry its time to return it and get something new and it becomes someone else's problem lol.

15 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Unfortunately, they didn’t have the Weiner Mobile. So I got another Honda CR-V.

A36F4345-022B-424D-A81E-1DFFB8168FDD.thumb.jpeg.fb1bf84d5576ecf9835d19686b50e772.jpeg

Nice!  My wife wants to get an Odyssey when her current lease is up.  I can't wait to drive around in a minivan 🙄.  I'm still trying to find a GMC Canyon that I want.  Nothing local in the color and trim I want.  I contacted one of those auto brokers to do the dirty work for me and even he is having a hard time locating one. 

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

That's not a bad idea actually.  I figured I would use my lease for some kind trade in value when I can finally find the truck I want.  In your scenario, does this involve having to buy out my lease and then go and sell it to a Carmax?

My scenario would involve shopping the car around to various dealers to see who’s paying the most.
Carmax, Carvana and Shift are high volume used car dealers and typically buy very aggressively. Get a printed quote from one and use it as negotiation. 
It’s been a while since I’ve done this, either you’ll get a check and pay off the lease yourself or they’ll pay off the lease directly can cut you a check for the balance 

2 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

204358901_10223110499303330_178780310138262193_n.jpg

Love freedom, but hate waking up to the neighbor's Harley underneath my bedroom (with extra loud pipes for his safety) every morning an hour before I need to get up lol.  Shakes the whole damn condo.  But I have the freedom to move out so that's what I'll be doing when possible (not the sole reason, family has overgrown this place). 

Anyway, if your lease is up soon, and you can't find the deal you want now, call your leasing company and ask for an extension.  They should give you extra time at the same payment to shop around (6 months for me).  I only had to threaten to leave once before lowering my payment 15 bucks and put no money down to get into a new lease with a year left on my previous lease . I own a truck that's paid off and I will drive it as long as possible, but my family needs a reliable car to be in at all times so this works for me.

Total of 5hrs of ice today (all as a skater). Was really fast paced and a TON of fun. When I left, the score was 109 dark to 87 white. Of course, I was on dark!

For the next one, going to recommend better time awareness for players. Having 19 on the bench and everyone taking 5+ minute shifts was really dumb. You can play as much as you want, that's not the problem, but we/they/the person running it, needs to know who/how many are going to be there at what time. That way we don't have a log jam of players again. Maybe instead of a flat fee to play as much as you want, you pay so much for each hour (it is for charity after all). Min could be the $35 that we were charged and it's $10 per hour. If you play 4hrs, it's $40. Play for 1 or 2, it's $35.

All that said, this was the first attempt at something like this. So I can't really fault anyone for how it was done.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, loki1416 said:

Total of 5hrs of ice today (all as a skater). Was really fast paced and a TON of fun. When I left, the score was 109 dark to 87 white. Of course, I was on dark!

Sounds like a basketball score, LOL. I don't think I'd even bother counting anymore if it went over 10 or 20.

15 hours ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Love freedom, but hate waking up to the neighbor's Harley underneath my bedroom (with extra loud pipes for his safety) every morning an hour before I need to get up lol. 

That sucks. Most of the Harley guys I know aren't exactly early risers, LOL. Maybe get some earplugs? ...or pull his sparkplugs? LOL