Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

On 7/18/2021 at 5:39 AM, bunnyman666 said:

Why is it that the NHL Network keeps recapping the Cup series? I already know that Tampax Bay won the bleedin’ Cup. If you’re not going to show news about the Expansion Draft, free agents signings, buyouts, I want throwback games. Of course it would be a bonus if Kelly Nash was doing the news in a swim costume; naked would be better!

Rant over for now.  

The cup was awarded less than two weeks ago... Chill.

sup everyone?  Been out for a few days with food poisoning.  Ugh.  What did I miss?  Last I saw was Thatcarguy's new set, Southpawtendy's new bucket, both are sweet.

Had to miss my game last night but my team still won 3-2, missing 2 leading scorers, starting goalie, and our 2nd best D.  Pretty ecstatic to see them pull out the good-depth win.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, seagoal said:

sup everyone?  Been out for a few days with food poisoning.  Ugh.  What did I miss?  Last I saw was Thatcarguy's new set, Southpawtendy's new bucket, both are sweet.

Had to miss my game last night but my team still won 3-2, missing 2 leading scorers, starting goalie, and our 2nd best D.  Pretty ecstatic to see them pull out the good-depth win.

@bunnyman666 is thirsty for Kelly Nash, and other than that I think you're all caught up. 

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

You sure you're in the right Div? Those are some high scores.

Excellent question.  Our first 3 or 4 games of our seasons seeding games, of course.  There are rough divisions set and then you play higher and lower leading up to the final divisions.  Standard stuff.

Our goal for this team from the start was 4b or 4c.  They started us in 5a, so a couple of those high score wins were against 5b teams.  As of now we are still in 5a.  Our shot ratios are consistently 2:1 and we score a good bit.  We want to be in 4 for sure, but we can only do so much with waiting for the league to advance us.

So far I've played well, let in 1 bad goal, and 2 iffy "want that one back" goals.

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

So far I've played well, let in 1 bad goal, and 2 iffy "want that one back" goals.

I'm assuming games have a poor flow to them and you're often left with periods of no action?

Sprinkle in some shooters who's shots are quite below your standard and will fool you with how terrible they are?

Sounds familiar.

10 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm assuming games have a poor flow to them and you're often left with periods of no action?

Sprinkle in some shooters who's shots are quite below your standard and will fool you with how terrible they are?

Sounds familiar.

I think only the 9-1 game I was relaxed and comfortable the whole time without any edge or intensity.  They've all been fun, to be honest. The 1 bad goal was game 1 or 2 and I blame the new red gear, ha.  It was a functionality error on my part, still getting used to the stuff.

Many of our games were pretty tight until the 3rd, thankfully, so they've stayed intense and edgy for me. 

I know what you mean though with the last point.  I was talking to a new goalie in our league recently about how if you are say a div 4 goalie, playing in div 5 is more difficult than playing in div 3.  It's a thing, for sure.

18 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I think only the 9-1 game I was relaxed and comfortable the whole time without any edge or intensity.  They've all been fun, to be honest. The 1 bad goal was game 1 or 2 and I blame the new red gear, ha.  It was a functionality error on my part, still getting used to the stuff.

Many of our games were pretty tight until the 3rd, thankfully, so they've stayed intense and edgy for me. 

I know what you mean though with the last point.  I was talking to a new goalie in our league recently about how if you are say a div 4 goalie, playing in div 5 is more difficult than playing in div 3.  It's a thing, for sure.

How many Divs are in your league?

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

8 with subdivisions.  Most teams are in 4s and 5s.

So it's not an even distribution among divisions? That's a strange way to do it. 

One league I play out of here is a bit bottom heavy, most divs have 5-8 teams, bottom one has 13-14. But the skill level among the bottom guys are all so close that they decided to stick them all together instead of trying to split it up.

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So it's not an even distribution among divisions? That's a strange way to do it. 

One league I play out of here is a bit bottom heavy, most divs have 5-8 teams, bottom one has 13-14. But the skill level among the bottom guys are all so close that they decided to stick them all together instead of trying to split it up.

Divs 1 and 2 are combined right now for summer/post-covid.  Div 8 is where adult learn-to-play students end up.  So it works out where 1-2 are advanced, 3-4 are high intermediate, 5-6 are low intermediate, 7-8 are beginner.  That's how we formally designate divisions.   It ends up almost like a perfect bell curve in terms of number of teams. Most in the center. 

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I hear some AHL team put in their roster picks today.

Ha.  I hear Driedger is gonna borrow my blue set and Domi is gonna borrow some insulin.

I feel so well connected already, it's great.  Hopefully my key card shows up in time.

Edited by seagoal