Jump to content

Daily Chit-chat


seagoal
 Share

Recommended Posts

Anyone here build a motorised bicycle? I was going to build out my Schwinn OCC Stingray as a motorised build, but ultimately decided that a different frame (with a built-in tank and motor mounts) and fork was going to be better. My inspiration for the livery on this build:

 

0F7C1140-69EC-4530-BA55-0DEA94F99D22.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, chile57 said:

Zero turn or bust... unless you are in "the city" of course. 52" cut with the Kawasaki motor for me (cue Tim Allen/Taylor grunting)...

https://www.gravely.com/en-us/power-equipment/zero-turn/zt-xl

gravely-zt-xl-zero-turn-mower.jpg

... would have gone bigger/more power but it wouldn't have fit in the shed. 

I wish.  My yard isn't big enough to warrant one of those. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I wish.  My yard isn't big enough to warrant one of those. 

At the end of the day - so long as your yard is perfectly manicured (I'm talking lining it up properly, edging, etc.) it doesn't matter how you got it done. For the record - the Gravely is probably overkill for my acre but we're gear nut goalies - that's what we do.

Shoutout to my pops who put me through over a decade mowing little old ladies' lawns when I was a wee lad and stoked my appreciation for a well manicured lawn (and Tim Allen). 

Edited by chile57
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, chile57 said:

At the end of the day - so long as your yard is perfectly manicured (I'm talking lining it up properly, edging, etc.) it doesn't matter how you got it done. For the record - the Gravely is probably overkill for my acre but we're gear nut goalies - that's what we do.

Shoutout to my pops who put me through over a decade mowing little old ladies' lawns when I was  wee lad and stoked my appreciation for a well manicured lawn. 

An acre I do not have lol.  I am in the eastern NYC suburbs.  I have just under 7k sqft

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why is it that the NHL Network keeps recapping the Cup series? I already know that Tampax Bay won the bleedin’ Cup. If you’re not going to show news about the Expansion Draft, free agents signings, buyouts, I want throwback games. Of course it would be a bonus if Kelly Nash was doing the news in a swim costume; naked would be better!
 
Rant over for now.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2021 at 5:39 AM, bunnyman666 said:

Why is it that the NHL Network keeps recapping the Cup series? I already know that Tampax Bay won the bleedin’ Cup. If you’re not going to show news about the Expansion Draft, free agents signings, buyouts, I want throwback games. Of course it would be a bonus if Kelly Nash was doing the news in a swim costume; naked would be better!
 
Rant over for now.  

The cup was awarded less than two weeks ago... Chill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sup everyone?  Been out for a few days with food poisoning.  Ugh.  What did I miss?  Last I saw was Thatcarguy's new set, Southpawtendy's new bucket, both are sweet.

Had to miss my game last night but my team still won 3-2, missing 2 leading scorers, starting goalie, and our 2nd best D.  Pretty ecstatic to see them pull out the good-depth win.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, seagoal said:

sup everyone?  Been out for a few days with food poisoning.  Ugh.  What did I miss?  Last I saw was Thatcarguy's new set, Southpawtendy's new bucket, both are sweet.

Had to miss my game last night but my team still won 3-2, missing 2 leading scorers, starting goalie, and our 2nd best D.  Pretty ecstatic to see them pull out the good-depth win.

@bunnyman666 is thirsty for Kelly Nash, and other than that I think you're all caught up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

You sure you're in the right Div? Those are some high scores.

Excellent question.  Our first 3 or 4 games of our seasons seeding games, of course.  There are rough divisions set and then you play higher and lower leading up to the final divisions.  Standard stuff.

Our goal for this team from the start was 4b or 4c.  They started us in 5a, so a couple of those high score wins were against 5b teams.  As of now we are still in 5a.  Our shot ratios are consistently 2:1 and we score a good bit.  We want to be in 4 for sure, but we can only do so much with waiting for the league to advance us.

So far I've played well, let in 1 bad goal, and 2 iffy "want that one back" goals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...