Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

So far I've played well, let in 1 bad goal, and 2 iffy "want that one back" goals.

I'm assuming games have a poor flow to them and you're often left with periods of no action?

Sprinkle in some shooters who's shots are quite below your standard and will fool you with how terrible they are?

Sounds familiar.

10 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm assuming games have a poor flow to them and you're often left with periods of no action?

Sprinkle in some shooters who's shots are quite below your standard and will fool you with how terrible they are?

Sounds familiar.

I think only the 9-1 game I was relaxed and comfortable the whole time without any edge or intensity.  They've all been fun, to be honest. The 1 bad goal was game 1 or 2 and I blame the new red gear, ha.  It was a functionality error on my part, still getting used to the stuff.

Many of our games were pretty tight until the 3rd, thankfully, so they've stayed intense and edgy for me. 

I know what you mean though with the last point.  I was talking to a new goalie in our league recently about how if you are say a div 4 goalie, playing in div 5 is more difficult than playing in div 3.  It's a thing, for sure.

18 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I think only the 9-1 game I was relaxed and comfortable the whole time without any edge or intensity.  They've all been fun, to be honest. The 1 bad goal was game 1 or 2 and I blame the new red gear, ha.  It was a functionality error on my part, still getting used to the stuff.

Many of our games were pretty tight until the 3rd, thankfully, so they've stayed intense and edgy for me. 

I know what you mean though with the last point.  I was talking to a new goalie in our league recently about how if you are say a div 4 goalie, playing in div 5 is more difficult than playing in div 3.  It's a thing, for sure.

How many Divs are in your league?

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

8 with subdivisions.  Most teams are in 4s and 5s.

So it's not an even distribution among divisions? That's a strange way to do it. 

One league I play out of here is a bit bottom heavy, most divs have 5-8 teams, bottom one has 13-14. But the skill level among the bottom guys are all so close that they decided to stick them all together instead of trying to split it up.

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So it's not an even distribution among divisions? That's a strange way to do it. 

One league I play out of here is a bit bottom heavy, most divs have 5-8 teams, bottom one has 13-14. But the skill level among the bottom guys are all so close that they decided to stick them all together instead of trying to split it up.

Divs 1 and 2 are combined right now for summer/post-covid.  Div 8 is where adult learn-to-play students end up.  So it works out where 1-2 are advanced, 3-4 are high intermediate, 5-6 are low intermediate, 7-8 are beginner.  That's how we formally designate divisions.   It ends up almost like a perfect bell curve in terms of number of teams. Most in the center. 

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I hear some AHL team put in their roster picks today.

Ha.  I hear Driedger is gonna borrow my blue set and Domi is gonna borrow some insulin.

I feel so well connected already, it's great.  Hopefully my key card shows up in time.

Edited by seagoal

43 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Untitled.png.b4e614eb2f33400122f4173e47104b98.png

lol suck it nerds

I'd be even more impressed if I knew what magical brass rings you have to have achieved to move up the social ladder into the top 3%. As it stands - it feels more like a toy in the cereal box and less of an "achievement"... but - well done... I guess... ?

Edited by chile57

55 minutes ago, chile57 said:

I'd be even more impressed if I knew what magical brass rings you have to have achieved to move up the social ladder into the top 3%. As it stands - it feels more like a toy in the cereal box and less of an "achievement"... but - well done... I guess... ?

It's the accumulation of my dedication to the craft.

I shit post a lot and waste time at work lol

Man we got rocked in our 40+ game last night and I'm in the room after, just undoing my toe ties and we've all seen this poor sight......a half dressed guy who did not play in your game walk in your room frowning with the "goalie no-show" pout.

Shit.

So I went through the motions: call your goalie, check with the guy who just wooped my ass, I don't want to, I hate you, go away please....yadda yadda yadda.

Of course I played, and played rather well.  Lost by 1, good fun game.  Anyway, today I am STARVING and I plan to inhale a burger, fries, and IPA for lunch in a few minutes and I am so excited.  Ketchup is waht I crave most the day after hockey, especially 2 hockeys.

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Man we got rocked in our 40+ game last night and I'm in the room after, just undoing my toe ties and we've all seen this poor sight......a half dressed guy who did not play in your game walk in your room frowning with the "goalie no-show" pout.

Shit.

So I went through the motions: call your goalie, check with the guy who just wooped my ass, I don't want to, I hate you, go away please....yadda yadda yadda.

Of course I played, and played rather well.  Lost by 1, good fun game.  Anyway, today I am STARVING and I plan to inhale a burger, fries, and IPA for lunch in a few minutes and I am so excited.  Ketchup is waht I crave most the day after hockey, especially 2 hockeys.

The good things about being the last resort is that there are zero expectations on your end lol.

Glad you played well though. The worst is when the guy walking into the room to ask is asking for a 1030 time slot