Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

Well today my partner is out of town and my plan was to mostly be bored and mopey,  maybe mow the lawn and vacuum up tumbleweeds of husky fur.

But oh no, the universe has another plan for me with a spontaneous home project. I discussed the rounded rail atop out porch banisters was rotten.  So I removed it, which was tough because two screws were stripped. Got them out by exposing them with a drill bit and locking the drill itself to them.  The wood beneath the rounded rail was fine.  Clean, sanding, wood filler, more sanding, primer...and soon paint.  Good times.  Yay for day drinking,  home depot runs,  and perfect summer weather.

P.s. @Lucky Pucker I'm drinking Guinness and listening to REM, Green.  Cheers mate.

20210814_104804.jpg

20210814_110553.jpg

20210814_120838.jpg

20210814_141022.jpg

20210814_142703.jpg

16289783465657309256997341759406.jpg

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Well today my partner is out of town and my plan was to mostly be bored and mopey,  maybe mow the lawn and vacuum up tumbleweeds of husky fur.

But oh no, the universe has another plan for me with a spontaneous home project. I discussed the rounded rail atop out porch banisters was rotten.  So I removed it, which was tough because two screws were stripped. Got them out by exposing them with a drill bit and locking the drill itself to them.  The wood beneath the rounded rail was fine.  Clean, sanding, wood filler, more sanding, primer...and soon paint.  Good times.  Yay for day drinking,  home depot runs,  and perfect summer weather.

P.s. @Lucky Pucker I'm drinking Guinness and listening to REM, Green.  Cheers mate.

20210814_104804.jpg

20210814_110553.jpg

20210814_120838.jpg

20210814_141022.jpg

20210814_142703.jpg

16289783465657309256997341759406.jpg

That is some freaky shit, my man… let me break it down:

my spouse is also out of town

I also have tumbleweeds of dog hair to vacuum (but that’s “tomorrow Pucker’s” problem)

I also was working with deck/lumber type stuff (cutting out the skirting to make an access door for storage) Tomorrow I have to sand it, then stain it while the weather stays dry

Also had beer and tunes - but mine was mostly shoegaze again 😁

Crazy… nice hat, BTW! My buddy’s kid - who is also one of my kid’s best buds - also has that hat. I think people who are not necessarily Seattle fans are excited.

9B298C36-CF84-4F65-A388-6498913A2CF6.jpeg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

That is some freaky shit, my man… let me break it down:

my spouse is also out of town

I also have tumbleweeds of dog hair to vacuum (but that’s “tomorrow Pucker’s” problem)

I also was working with deck/lumber type stuff (cutting out the skirting to make an access door for storage) Tomorrow I have to sand it, then stain it while the weather stays dry

Also had beer and tunes - but mine was mostly shoegaze again 😁

Crazy… nice hat, BTW! My buddy’s kid - who is also one of my kid’s best buds - also has that hat. I think people who are not necessarily Seattle fans are excited.

9B298C36-CF84-4F65-A388-6498913A2CF6.jpeg

Good stuff man.  I'm all done.  Like it never happened.

20210814_153445.jpg

44 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Nice job

Thanks.  Wanna know something funny?  I did not ever think to lock a drill directly onto a stripped screw if it is exposed enough.  I had no idea.  My good friend and neighbor, the wife of a very good carpenter, told me to try it, haha.  Behind every good man is a great woman, eh?  Even me :)

I did have the idea to expose it inside that rotten wood with a drill bit...that was fun.  I did take archaeology in college. 

Edited by seagoal

On 8/14/2021 at 6:58 PM, seagoal said:

Thanks.  Wanna know something funny?  I did not ever think to lock a drill directly onto a stripped screw if it is exposed enough.  I had no idea.  My good friend and neighbor, the wife of a very good carpenter, told me to try it, haha.  Behind every good man is a great woman, eh?  Even me :)

I did have the idea to expose it inside that rotten wood with a drill bit...that was fun.  I did take archaeology in college. 

Yea I've never heard of that either.  Pretty helpful though.  I'll definitely remember that next time I have a stripped screw.

I just had an aluminum fence installed around my yard. Didn't even want to see what wood would have been. 

Vinyl wasn't an option with kids who play baseball and lacrosse. They shot dozens of lacrosse balls through our original wood fence.

20 minutes ago, MTH said:

I just had an aluminum fence installed around my yard. Didn't even want to see what wood would have been. 

Vinyl wasn't an option with kids who play baseball and lacrosse. They shot dozens of lacrosse balls through our original wood fence.

Yea that could definitely be a problem.  I'm surprised my neighbor's daughter hasn't put anything through the fence yet.  She plays lacrosse too.  She's always back there slinging balls at her little backstop thing that bounces the balls back to her.  I find a ball in my yard every now and again but thankfully nothing has come through the fence lol.

On 8/17/2021 at 8:09 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Dude I know right.  We need to replace our fence and its cheaper to do vinyl right now than it is to do plain ol' stockade.  I'll take it lol.

That scares me as my vinyl fence was $8500 three years back. I had replaced a 30 year old wood fence. My vinyl fence was installed around the time I had surgery. The low maintenance aspect will make you smile. I just rinse mine in the spring and fall. Don’t power wash vinyl- the jet will cut right through! I saw one guy cut his with his power washer!

Fun little goalile training scene going on in the parking lot of the rink I played in last night.  It was setup for kids in the local junior hockey program.  Spent a bit of time talking with the coach and maybe setting up some training for me soon.  We got along great and he's got good vibes.  Might be a nice opportunity for me to do some focused, repetitious, detailed training that I have been craving.  

It was great to see these kids having fun.

20210818_194940.jpg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Fun little goalile training scene going on in the parking lot of the rink I played in last night.  It was setup for kids in the local junior hockey program.  Spent a bit of time talking with the coach and maybe setting up some training for me soon.  We got along great and he's got good vibes.  Might be a nice opportunity for me to do some focused, repetitious, detailed training that I have been craving.  

It was great to see these kids having fun.

20210818_194940.jpg

Looks like a forward just trying out the position? Are we allowed to critique his stance? :P

Also masks outside? Me no comprende.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Looks like a forward just trying out the position? Are we allowed to critique his stance? :P

Also masks outside? Me no comprende.

I think these were all real goalies....without jerseys, ha.

yeah, me no comprende either. Seattle is a very proactive mask city.  People walk down the street alone masked up here.  It is what it is....so much to say (I just deleted a whole paragraph).  I'll leave that alone though.  No good can come from discussing this publicly online.

Just now, seagoal said:

I think these were all real goalies....without jerseys, ha.

yeah, me no comprende either. Seattle is a very proactive mask city.  People walk down the street alone masked up here.  It is what it is....so much to say (I just deleted a whole paragraph).  I'll leave that alone though.  No good can come from discussing this publicly online.

A real goalie using a player bucket? With old Koho pads? With a poorly broken in glove weld way too high and wide?

O.o

We're about the same here in Vancouver. I always get a kick of seeing people driving around, alone, with a mask on.

C'mon now, let's open up the gates, get the peanut gallery buzzing, and get SBR to tell us how vaccines are stupid. ;)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

A real goalie using a player bucket? With old Koho pads? With a poorly broken in glove weld way too high and wide?

O.o

We're about the same here in Vancouver. I always get a kick of seeing people driving around, alone, with a mask on.

C'mon now, let's open up the gates, get the peanut gallery buzzing, and get SBR to tell us how vaccines are stupid. ;)

image.jpeg.df3f4416ae8ed8a88cc873e0388d5b1b.jpeg

But let's meet in Tennessee or Texas this afternoon and we can discuss over beers.  Ready?