Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

My father’s side has this Dick Clark gene that prevents us from looking old until we reach a certain age. My dad’s magic age was 53; mine was about 45! 

I know that gene. Black don't crack.

Samuel L. Jackson - Bio, Family, Trivia | Famous Birthdays

He's 72. God bless him.

My family looks like this by mid 70:

image.jpeg.ac245b84ee2c4418040e4265ea1835ef.jpeg

• Haha 1

I know there are a few jersey enthusiasts on here.  I'm not one, but I did snag a Grubauer Kraken jersey with the inaugural patch on it. 

If any of you jersey nerds want one, they are only available in person and I can grab you one and we can coordinate payment/shipping.  They have both dark and white jerseys with the patch with no names/numbers, or, very few player names/numbers with the patch in only dark.  3/4 goalies were available yesterday, excluding Driedger. 

20210916_145717.jpg

Seattle Kraken Inaugural Season Patch - YouTube

Fans get their hands on the first official Seattle Kraken jerseys |  king5.com

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2021 at 3:55 PM, seagoal said:

I know there are a few jersey enthusiasts on here.  I'm not one, but I did snag a Grubauer Kraken jersey with the inaugural patch on it. 

If any of you jersey nerds want one, they are only available in person and I can grab you one and we can coordinate payment/shipping.  They have both dark and white jerseys with the patch with no names/numbers, or, very few player names/numbers with the patch in only dark.  3/4 goalies were available yesterday, excluding Driedger. 

20210916_145717.jpg

Seattle Kraken Inaugural Season Patch - YouTube

Fans get their hands on the first official Seattle Kraken jerseys |  king5.com

Over the moon for you, matey!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MTH said:

You can still get a Driedger jersey on AliExpress.

Thanks for the head's up.  A huge part of the thrill was buying a jersey in person.  I got to speak to the CEO of the Kraken about goalies while there....that wouldn't happen on AliExpress :)

I did buy a Driedger tshirt yesterday.  I'm all set of team gear now. 

I have tickets to Day 1 of training camp in 3 days and tickets to a preseason game vs. Edmonton in 12 days.   Pretty excited. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, seagoal said:

Thanks for the head's up.  A huge part of the thrill was buying a jersey in person.  I got to speak to the CEO of the Kraken about goalies while there....that wouldn't happen on AliExpress :)

I did buy a Driedger tshirt yesterday.  I'm all set of team gear now. 

I have tickets to Day 1 of training camp in 3 days and tickets to a preseason game vs. Edmonton in 12 days.   Pretty excited. 

I'm really fucking pumped for you dude.  Getting to finally do all this stuff with your new team.  Your team.  Good for you man.

35 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm really fucking pumped for you dude.  Getting to finally do all this stuff with your new team.  Your team.  Good for you man.

Thanks man. I've been sharing all this stuff with you guys for years and it's finally happening.  I did live in Denver in my early 20s but was in university and poor and busy and didn't have much interest or time for keeping up with pro hockey.  So this is all super new and fun for me.  Pretty much what I dreamt of as a kid, living in a fun NHL city. 

• Like 1

Company finally came forward with the official offer for the promotion in Saskatoon.

They're offering me a whopping 4k more a year for me to transplant my family and move two provinces over. Let alone take on a significant amount of more responsibility. 

They're at the lowest end of the compensation rage for comparable jobs in that region.

Safe to say I told them to get bent.

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Company finally came forward with the official offer for the promotion in Saskatoon.

They're offering me a whopping 4k more a year for me to transplant my family and move two provinces over. Let alone take on a significant amount of more responsibility. 

They're at the lowest end of the compensation rage for comparable jobs in that region.

Did you try to negotiate?

Maybe it's time to start searching for a new job?

16 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Points for using 'get bent'. Classic and a beauty.

Work sucks. 4k barley covers cost of living increase with inflation this past year. Add in that is September and you likely won't get a raise at the end of the year. So that 4k just becomes an early (marginal) raise. 

Plus more work.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I mean, that's not much of a pay increase, but what's the difference in cost of living for Saskatoon versus your current location?

21 hours ago, seagoal said:

....that wouldn't happen on AliExpress :)

Don't discount the thrill of opening a sealed envelope from China possibly full of SARS or Covid or any other fun.

Also, the suspense for seeing how bad the stitching is, the font, or if it will say "KRACKEN" where his last name should be.

Just sayin' you can't get those thrills from some stuffed shirt CEO meet and greet.

You could be the first person with Covid 21. Chick magnet is an understatement.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Did you try to negotiate?

Maybe it's time to start searching for a new job?

Currently doing so. I knew they were going to lowball me out of the gate, but I expected at least a 10k raise to start.

1 minute ago, MTH said:

Points for using 'get bent'. Classic and a beauty.

Work sucks. 4k barley covers cost of living increase with inflation this past year. Add in that is September and you likely won't get a raise at the end of the year. So that 4k just becomes an early (marginal) raise. 

Plus more work.

The cost of living out in the prairies is significantly cheaper than on the west coast. However, I'm not accepting that as a reason to just gladly accept whatever lowball offer they try to feed me.

One of our electricians went from the plant here in Vancouver to work at the Saskatoon plant and took a pay cut of a few bucks an hour to go there.

Company is trying to get people out there ASAP, but they're going about it cheaply.

• Like 1

When I'm interviewing people to hire, I never call to check their salary before. So whatever they tell me I take as is. Realistically, I have a budget for a position. So shoot high and let them come to you.

You only work for money. So don't undersell your work if you don't have to.

3 minutes ago, MTH said:

When I'm interviewing people to hire, I never call to check their salary before. So whatever they tell me I take as is. Realistically, I have a budget for a position. So shoot high and let them come to you.

You only work for money. So don't undersell your work if you don't have to.

Absolutely. It also helps that most of the leverage is on my end.

I know for sure they haven't interviewed anyone else and they were pushing to get me out there by the end of September. If I turn this down they'll be left scrambling.

I have a lot of leash to play with to coerce their hand into something favourable on my end. Whether or not that materializes is in the air though.

• Like 1