Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

@estogoalie where do you live? I wanna say Estonia but are you in Switzerland?

What's your primary language?

My parents are from Estonia and Ukraine, I was born+raised in New York, but living in Switzerland since 20 years (with a couple of years of living in Germany and Estonia)

Language is actually not my strong point. The only class I ever failed in school was english, LOL. I remember a long time ago I was hanging out with some Estonians in New York, and they asked me if I speak Estonian, and I was like "I barely speak english", so then they started talking to me in Estonian, and I was like "no, you don't get it, I barely speak english" LOL :jelly:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

My parents are from Estonia and Ukraine, I was born+raised in New York, but living in Switzerland since 20 years (with a couple of years of living in Germany and Estonia)

Language is actually not my strong point. The only class I ever failed in school was english, LOL. I remember a long time ago I was hanging out with some Estonians in New York, and they asked me if I speak Estonian, and I was like "I barely speak english", so then they started talking to me in Estonian, and I was like "no, you don't get it, I barely speak english" LOL :jelly:

Wow, you have connections all over the place.  Well thanks for clearing it up....but not really :)

20 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I attempted to watch it and in all honesty it lost my interest pretty quickly. I’m not sure what exactly the reason for that is but it just wasn’t appealing I guess. 

Yeah, I thought it was terrible at first. I learned that fast forwarding through some of the dialog made it much better. Did you get through the first game? By the time they get into the second and third game, it's quite addictive.

8 minutes ago, MTH said:

Yeah, I thought it was terrible at first. I learned that fast forwarding through some of the dialog made it much better. Did you get through the first game? By the time they get into the second and third game, it's quite addictive.

I barely got through the first. Who knows maybe one day I’ll come back to it like I did Chuck. My parents made me watch chuck when I was 12 or something and I lost interest after season 1.

Honestly, get through it now. The plot has twists and all, so watch before they're spoiled. Jump to game 2 and beyond. I'll save you the effort of the first few episodes with all the character build up. They don't realize the games are so serious. They then vote to quit the games and pass on all the money. They go home and see how their lives are absolute shit. They all come back to play. Then they do game 2...

While they had quit, the one dude tells the cops. They laugh. One detective is interested. His brother is missing and he sneaks into the compound to see what is going on. So there's the under cover Korean police guy angle that gets going too.

They eventually explain what the heck is the story behind the games and all. Who the people are that run it, etc.

Everyone is talking about it now. Minus well get in on the discussions.

New season (per my 11 year old) is out in December. It carries on from this season.

I didn't watch the Sopranos until a few years ago. When I was all hyped up while watching, nobody remembered the details enough to talk about it with. I was stuck reading old ass websites for information. Sucked.

Everyone is jumping off the bridge, yes, you should too.

Edited by MTH

Love Letterkenny.

I listened to everyone and watched Squid Games, the whole first season. Got to say, it's a crap show. I honestly found NOTHING of value in it. Skipping ahead any time a woman has a line to say (did they go to a shrieking convention to get the female voice overs?) to cinematic time wastes (yes, they died. Yes, we see you putting the body in the box. No, we do not have to watch you do it for EVERY BODY!). It's so boring.

• Like 2

On 10/4/2021 at 5:13 PM, estogoalie said:

He's from Estonia 

encino man GIF

• Haha 2