Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

I thought the influx of the Hespeler brand into the NHL was partially due to Gretzky being a part owner of the company.

Wayne Gretzky New York Rangers Hespeler Game Used Stick – Autographed:  GAMEWORNAUCTIONS.NET

The factory is amazing. Glad they're expanding. Pretty awesome to say "if you bought a stick and it was made in Canada, it came from my factory".

Baller.

Turns out just like any other chest the hyperlite does have it’s issues. I’ve had mine just over 5 months and the elbow floaters have gone soft to the point I’m starting to really feel shots that aren’t on the bicep or forearm. My temporary solution is taking some padding out of the padded shirt I used to use with my shield 2 chest and just double sided taping that underneath the floater. 

image.jpg
Wasn’t really sure what thread this belongs on since it’s more of a minor change than new gear

Edited by ThatCarGuy

3 hours ago, Scythe said:

Anybody here in Calgary?  Looking at taking a trip that way mid January 2022 on my vacation to go to a Flames game. Is there a train or bus that stops by YYC? 

Want to go to Flames/Senators Jan 13th

Yes, it's the 'Victoria Park/Stampede" LRT station.

Used to be a pedestrian bridge that wound through the BMO Centre straight to the Saddledome, but that got demo'd in preparation for the new arena/event centre, and some other upgrades to the BMO/Stampede grounds. Now, there are two ground-level crossings: one at 14th Ave and one at 17th Ave.

It's a quick walk, but if the weather is shit (as it often is in January) you'll want a decent coat. Also, beer at the Saddledome ("dome foam") has a reputation for getting people fucked up; that's not been my experience, but lots of guys swear it's stronger than advertised. Happy Hour ($5 drinks and food) starts 1.5hrs before game time, and ends 30min before game time.

Edited by CJ Boiss
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, CJ Boiss said:

If he's lucky it'll be chinooking.

I will definitely have the dome foam on my beer list 🤣 .. as long as I can get back to my room without falling down I'll be ok. 

Thanks for all the info. Coldest I've  ever been was in -9 on the tarmac of the Detroit airport .. I know I'm a  lightweight. What is chinooking? 

10 minutes ago, Scythe said:

I will definitely have the dome foam on my beer list 🤣 .. as long as I can get back to my room without falling down I'll be ok. 

Thanks for all the info. Coldest I've  ever been was in -9 on the tarmac of the Detroit airport .. I know I'm a  lightweight. What is chinooking? 

Warm, dry air coming down out of the Rockies. Melts/sublimates snow and ice, and it usually brings the temperature up to around 10^C.

• Like 1

3rd game last night, 6-0 win, only face around 15 shots so not busy at all. Switched back to my old Bauer Supreme One90 Goalie pads and they felt way better than my CCM Premiers. I think its time I make a switch back to Bauer or something similar.

Also with a minute left guy took a slapshot from the faceoff dot right to the cage so got a little dent I gotta work out. Anyone else get really bad ear ringing from a direct shot?

1 hour ago, dretti33 said:

3rd game last night, 6-0 win, only face around 15 shots so not busy at all. Switched back to my old Bauer Supreme One90 Goalie pads and they felt way better than my CCM Premiers. I think its time I make a switch back to Bauer or something similar.

Also with a minute left guy took a slapshot from the faceoff dot right to the cage so got a little dent I gotta work out. Anyone else get really bad ear ringing from a direct shot?

I got one ripped on the side of my head that my ears rang for about ten minutes. It actually took paint from my helmet!!! I will put a blocker into his throat when I see the child molester the next time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dretti33 said:

No ringers since I started wearing a Coveted, and I've had pucks hit it from all angles.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I got one ripped on the side of my head that my ears rang for about ten minutes. It actually took paint from my helmet!!! I will put a blocker into his throat when I see the child molester the next time.

I regret not kicking the shit out of some dumbfuck that sent one off the side of my mask during a warm up. I wasn't even directly behind the net either which made me think it was done on purpose... 🤬

• Like 2

@dretti33 I'm not in the business of telling folks what to do but when you say "got a little dent I gotta work out" do you mean take a hammer or some other implement and bang it back out? If so - I would suggest you either 1) roll with it as is or 2) replace it. If you weren't hip to it - working the steel on your cage back and forth makes it more susceptible to failure. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scythe said:

I regret not kicking the shit out of some dumbfuck that sent one off the side of my mask during a warm up. I wasn't even directly behind the net either which made me think it was done on purpose... 🤬

This guy DEFINITELY did it on purpose as normally he could score on me handily and I kept shutting him down and he was getting chirped unmercifully about it. I used to be an easy goal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

This guy DEFINITELY did it on purpose as normally he could score on me handily and I kept shutting him down and he was getting chirped unmercifully about it. I used to be an easy goal.

Some of the jabronis I've played with couldn't hit the boards on purpose. Odds are that whoever it was was one of those clowns.

4 hours ago, chile57 said:

@dretti33 I'm not in the business of telling folks what to do but when you say "got a little dent I gotta work out" do you mean take a hammer or some other implement and bang it back out? If so - I would suggest you either 1) roll with it as is or 2) replace it. If you weren't hip to it - working the steel on your cage back and forth makes it more susceptible to failure. 

Strain hardening is not your face's friend.

Bend a coat hanger back and forth a few times and you'll see how the cage will act.

Ironically the last of the HM30 cages that Bauer built actually used coat hanger wire. Which was great.

Edited by MTH
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

The guy that hit me was all "my bad" 🙄.. that only goes so far .. 

6 hours ago, chile57 said:

It's just a small dent near the nose that went inwards. I know its not the best thing to knock the steel back but its small enough and i'll be getting a new cage fairly soon as I've got a few dents on her. Appreciate your input!

• Like 1