Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

1 hour ago, MTH said:

Can't skate fast, can't shoot, terrible positioning... go play goalie you loaf!

Also, I have a February birthday, so I always got goalie gear for my birthday therefore allowing me to play goalie.

It’s funny you say about the first part, as my skating coach was outright bewildered when I switched to playing goal after her working with me for two years when I returned to hockey. She helped me regain every step I had lost and added new steps that made me so much more efficient and I was just as fast as kids half my age. All of that stuff helped IMMENSELY in net. Working with a skating coach helps for EVERY position on ice. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Wonder35 said:

Our team has experienced its first two COVID positive testings over the weekend. A pair of our regulars are enduring a 5 day quarantine as a result. As we gathered outside the arena this morning we made a group decision to suspend our 3 games scheduled for this week.

Are you staying well?

54 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Are you staying well?

Yes, I have been triple vaccinated, as has my wife. We are not restaurant or bar people. But with so many people being infected with the Omicron virus it isn't realistic to think that it can't get to us.

I will take the required precautions but refuse to abandon living my life.

My infected hockey buddies are experiencing mild symptoms.

Edited by Wonder35
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Wonder35 said:

Yes, I have been triple vaccinated, as has my wife. We are not restaurant or bar people. But with so many people being infected with the Omicron virus it isn't realistic to think that it can't get to us.

I am, as well triple vaxxed. My is enquiring about a 4th due to her immune compromised condition. She was at 10% vaccine after 90 days (part of a study). Scary stuff!

5 hours ago, Wonder35 said:

I'm not a medical expert or even stay at hotels that make you an expert in stuff. Basically a moron.

I wonder if it's time we all run into the fire of covid rather than keep trying to run away from it. I'm vaccinated - I went back to living as I did in the good old pre pandemic days pretty much since this summer. Just get it over with and be done. Peel the bandaid. It's everywhere now and hopefully not too bad to have these days. I assume I already had it at least once. Whatever.

I'm also super cool with people doing everything and anything to not catch it. I hate covid. Ruined so much.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MTH said:

I assume I already had it at least once. Whatever.

That’s how my gf and I feel. We’ve probably had it in one form or another and didn’t even know it. Wore masks when we were made to, got the vaccinations when they were available. But still carried on with life as normal. No high risk people in our household. Can we move on now?

• Like 4

On 1/11/2022 at 11:24 PM, WillyGrips13 said:

That’s how my gf and I feel. We’ve probably had it in one form or another and didn’t even know it. Wore masks when we were made to, got the vaccinations when they were available. But still carried on with life as normal. No high risk people in our household. Can we move on now?