Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

10 minutes ago, MTH said:

I had a cat pee on my blocker once while in the garage. Didn't notice it until I started playing a game and got the glove hot and sweaty. It was misery.

It took a lot of washing, baking soda, dehumidifier, cursing, etc. to get that blocker to not stink.

Godspeed Scythe with your mask crusade.

I'd just huck the thing into the garbage if a cat peed on my gear. 

That's a smell that's not only dreadful, but almost impossible to remove. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'd just huck the thing into the garbage if a cat peed on my gear. 

That's a smell that's not only dreadful, but almost impossible to remove. 

Yes, I’d throw the cat out too for that.

True fact: cat piss on gear pretty much needs a priest to do an exorcism. Our neighbourhood’s street hockey goalie gear got pissed on by my buddy’s cat, and the smell was so bad, my mom forbid me from playing with that gear.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MTH said:

I had a cat pee on my blocker once while in the garage. Didn't notice it until I started playing a game and got the glove hot and sweaty. It was misery.

It took a lot of washing, baking soda, dehumidifier, cursing, etc. to get that blocker to not stink.

Godspeed Scythe with your mask crusade.

ill i feel sick GIF

12 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Now back to my regularly scheduled Friday beer 😁

(Boy, I hope you’re at work when you see this, @SaveByRichter35 - lol!)

image.jpg

As a matter of fact I am at work.  I haven't had a beer in mooooooonths.  Wanna hear some real torture?  My best friend was up in Massachusetts over the weekend, took his family to Great Wolf Lodge or whichever one of those family fun resorts they went to.  Calahari?  Idk.  Anyway, while they were up there he went to one of the Treehouse Breweries.  I had him buy me a mixed 24 pack.  I gave them all to my buddy down the block that always hooks me up with Tree House.  He's gotten me so much, I had to pay him back while I could.

4 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

As a matter of fact I am at work.  I haven't had a beer in mooooooonths.  Wanna hear some real torture?  My best friend was up in Massachusetts over the weekend, took his family to Great Wolf Lodge or whichever one of those family fun resorts they went to.  Calahari?  Idk.  Anyway, while they were up there he went to one of the Treehouse Breweries.  I had him buy me a mixed 24 pack.  I gave them all to my buddy down the block that always hooks me up with Tree House.  He's gotten me so much, I had to pay him back while I could.

Fawk, dude! I remember a while back you saying about preferred mixed drinks or something (Moscow mules was it…?) So are the suds just not agreeing with you anymore? Health concerns? Just don’t enjoy it…?

Anyway, now that buddy down the street from you has been repaid, send all the rest up to me!

4 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Fawk, dude! I remember a while back you saying about preferred mixed drinks or something (Moscow mules was it…?) So are the suds just not agreeing with you anymore? Health concerns? Just don’t enjoy it…?

Anyway, now that buddy down the street from you has been repaid, send all the rest up to me!

I just haven't really been drinking much.  When I do, my brother in law got me hooked on mixing red wine with Dr Pepper.  Sounds weird, I know, but try it.  Delicious and it hits quick lol.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Last day of the job I've been at for nearly 9 years. 

10 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Damn.  How are you feeling?  Do you have some time off before the next one?

Everyone else: "Good riddance, cretin"

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Damn.  How are you feeling?  Do you have some time off before the next one?

Pretty good. It's been a good run but career wise and compensation wise I need to move on. 

Like my HR told me when I aske for a raise: I'm too qualified for my position. 

So I'm taking my talents elsewhere. 

ill-take-my-talents-elsewhere-im-out.gif.1b0ec33542dda89d11d6a4e415ab2108.gif

15 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Everyone else: "Good riddance, cretin"

Oh I'm sure there are a few guys at the plant that are excited I'm moving on. But I've had a lot of support from lots about how our department is going to miss me lol.

Lots of "you're leaving us with them?" (them being my coworkers in the warehouse here) 

Though, I have a feeling my new job is going to keep me away from this board quite a bit more. Which frankly, is probably a good thing. My presence here is intimidating. 

Edited by coopaloop1234

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Last day of the job I've been at for nearly 9 years. 

Wow - 9 years! That’s a long time. Not as long as your tenure as a smart ass, of course. But still something!

I’m sure there’s a lot of mixed emotions for ya, but I’m equally sure from what you’ve said that this is the right move. Best of luck, laddie!

6 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Wow - 9 years! That’s a long time. Not as long as your tenure as a smart ass, of course. But still something!

I’m sure there’s a lot of mixed emotions for ya, but I’m equally sure from what you’ve said that this is the right move. Best of luck, laddie!

Buddy, I was a smart ass the second I fell out of my mother. 

Cheers man. It's some exciting times around Chez Coops. 

3 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

My wife sent me this fun little video of Shesterkin doing that favourite of minor league goalies everywhere: the mirror drill. But because he’s such a pro, he does it with himself, on two different days

https://m.facebook.com/MSGNetworks/videos/goalies-/3194442470836455/

This is eerily similar to the Lundqvist mirror example. Go figure they played together. 

https://www.bardown.com/henrik-lundqvist-entered-the-ice-the-exact-same-way-in-games-1-2-and-video-of-it-is-so-wild-1.1503647

• Like 1

PSA: don’t forget that today is Mother’s Day, you bunch of degenerates!

the kids and I trick-wrapped my wife’s gift, by putting it inside the box from a cheap vacuum. Her real gift hidden inside is a pretty expensive vacuum. 

THIS goalie is gonna score tonight!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/8/2022 at 7:38 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

PSA: don’t forget that today is Mother’s Day, you bunch of degenerates!

the kids and I trick-wrapped my wife’s gift, by putting it inside the box from a cheap vacuum. Her real gift hidden inside is a pretty expensive vacuum. 

THIS goalie is gonna score tonight!

If I bought my wife a vacuum for a gift... I think she'd divorce me.

Edited by MTH