Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

43 minutes ago, MadsM said:

Short rant,

It’s always possible your email went to their spam folder. Unless you called and left a message. I guess you could always try again. 
Or you could try other manufacturers like P.A.W., Brown, Passau, Kenesky, Simmons or Battram. Not sure if McKenney and Boddam are still selling direct to customers. 

On 6/3/2022 at 12:21 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

From my memory the 2s glove wasn’t bad by any means. Bauer gloves in general work better with hard shots than warrior from my experience. Plus it’s super easy to float the tee since the finger and palm perimeter laces are separate. 

The pads generally sit low on the skate so sometimes the calf strap just sits on top of the boot of the skate. If you don’t strap across the knee you may have tons of over rotation or miss the knee block completely off the back. 

Finally got my set out for a skate and mostly followed this advise. 

Strapped behind the knee and still could see what you meant by potentially falling off the knee block. I kept that lower strap though I may remove it. I never found the strap itself to get caught on my skate, but the bottom portion of the leg channel did get caught up on my skates a few time. I'm thinking that leaving that looser will let it move more freely over my skates. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 8:45 PM, ilyazhito said:

Is there a difference in how firm the pro palm is from company to company? I've only ever played with game ready palms before. 

Every company has different materials and builds. So short answer is yes. 

Got my third skate in on my 2S pads. I feel lime I've got them dialed in and now just getting accustomed to the sliding. These blow my GT2 out of the water. It's an adjustment. 

I like the 2S blocker too. I feel shots more than my GT2, but the performance is great. 

Catcher can get fucked though. The main reason I went with warrior in the first place was the catcher and I still don't see that changing soon. 

• Like 2

I had a geometry teacher in HS that would come in some mornings still wearing his night club clothes. Half his hairy chest showing, crappy gold chains, hungover as hell... dude was awesome. Was a great teacher. Mostly the reason I became an engineer. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

So for those of you who have been with their partner for >10 years (I’m at 21 years myself): when you get asked to sub on a random weeknight, do you ever ask yourself where you have a better chance of scoring: at the rink or at home…?

Fkin great question.

Together for 16 years, married for 9.  Have two kids

It's always at the rink

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

Fkin great question.

Together for 16 years, married for 9.  Have two kids

It's always at the rink

I’ll see your two kids, and raise you 4 years of marriage. 
Call: 

See you at the rink!

That said, she came home from playing soccer the other night, showered, came down to watch TV, and was like “So…you wanna?”

Never know when that blue moon is gonna show up.

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2022 at 8:14 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

Are you saying it gets better… in about 35 years? 😐

It gets better when you talk about it and make a genuine effort on your end.

For anything, if it's important to you, do something about it. A parked car doesn't move.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

7.39lbs.
Born July 20th, 2022, at 1:59am

I'm now responsible for the well being of another human. 

It's weird and absolutely amazing. Congrats and welcome to the club.

Also, nab as much baby formula as possible from the hospital before you guys check out. Also, the hospital binkie things are far superior. Get a bunch!