Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

On 7/20/2022 at 3:54 AM, chile57 said:

Congrats and good luck @coopaloop1234

Thanks man. Its been  whirlwind so far. 

On 7/20/2022 at 9:18 AM, MTH said:

It's weird and absolutely amazing. Congrats and welcome to the club.

Also, nab as much baby formula as possible from the hospital before you guys check out. Also, the hospital binkie things are far superior. Get a bunch!

Wierd is an apt way to put it. We've been stocking up on formula for a while, but I'll definitely look into grabbing some here too. 

On 7/20/2022 at 10:35 AM, Chenner29 said:

Congrats, and good luck

Signed, another June baby

June, July, same difference. 

Thanks. She's got a good birthday that's not really interrupted by other holidays or birthdays. 

Moms bday is in March, mines October. My parents and sister are November/December. 

So she gets all the attention lol. 

On 7/20/2022 at 11:28 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Congrats! Enjoy them while their cap hit is just the rookie max. Once they get a few years in they really seem to demand big raises

At this point I want them to be a few years down the line. This whole crying because I can feel a breeze nonesene is boring. 

22 hours ago, loki1416 said:

Congrats @coopaloop1234

Thanks man. 

3 hours ago, Naz said:

Congrats!!  Welcome to the Wonderful World of being a Dad!

Thanks man. It's been great so far and she's been given a good bill of health. 

Too bad she looks like me. Sorry kiddo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

June, July, same difference. 

Thanks. She's got a good birthday that's not really interrupted by other holidays or birthdays. 

Moms bday is in March, mines October. My parents and sister are November/December. 

So she gets all the attention lol.

Oops I'm a dumb dumb

• 2 weeks later...

Had a game last night, was down sprawled out and puck was loose in the boot of my pad, dude on the other team came in and took a nice whack at my leg, then everyone piled on top and eventually play blown dead.  Helmet got kicked a bunch of times and now my cage is scratched to hell.  Good thing I have a backup that's mint, I can't play with my equipment looking in such disrepair 😆

HSsiaqe.jpg

20 hours ago, jerd31 said:

Had a game last night, was down sprawled out and puck was loose in the boot of my pad, dude on the other team came in and took a nice whack at my leg, then everyone piled on top and eventually play blown dead.  Helmet got kicked a bunch of times and now my cage is scratched to hell.  Good thing I have a backup that's mint, I can't play with my equipment looking in such disrepair 😆

HSsiaqe.jpg

The horror 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/mounties-probe-burnaby-beer-leaguers-skate-kick-to-face-of-opponent

Not sure if any of you have seen this make it's rounds yet. But this happened at the rink I play at. 

If you want a real laugh, look at his google reviews: Brandon Gee-Moore. 

What a disgrace. Good on the league for banning him, and hopefully the courts throw the book at him. 

12 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/mounties-probe-burnaby-beer-leaguers-skate-kick-to-face-of-opponent

Not sure if any of you have seen this make it's rounds yet. But this happened at the rink I play at. 

Looks like he's a real estate agent in the area.  His Instagram has been taken down, but his phone number is still out there.  Wonder how many threatening calls he's getting from the internet

17 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Looks like he's a real estate agent in the area.  His Instagram has been taken down, but his phone number is still out there.  Wonder how many threatening calls he's getting from the internet

He's a major real estate agent in the area. A lot of help from his dad who was even bigger and even the head of the real estate board in Vancouver. 

Silver spoon kid. 

On 8/5/2022 at 11:57 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

I wish I were more surprised by this clowns actions but sadly I am not. Second what others have said that I’m glad there was some swift justice here. Hope it continues and is severe for a severe action. No place for this in ANY level of hockey. 

Also - kudos to the teammates that jumped in once they saw what he pulled. 

Edited by chile57

Looking for a favour from a few members here. 

Are people able to take some pictures of how their gloves interact with their C/A's? 

I've been in Warrior gloves for so long that I don't remember how much interaction between gloves and C/A's is normal and I'm trying to get a frame of reference for my 2S glove. 

I got the captain in my locker room with sad puppy eyes last night after my game.....their goalie no-showed.  This was in our 40+ league.   As much as I swear to myself that I am done with back-to-back games, I couldn't resist.  We won our game 5-4 and I was feeling pretty good.  I was undressed from the waist up and had not cracked a beer yet, so what the hell?

First shot was from a flip pass to my left to the slot, I slide, it's tipped, goes over my left shoulder, catches the corner of my glove, bar down and in.  Oops.

We do down 3-0 but then win 6-3.  Crazy game but super fun.

Also this week on my main team we had to forfeit our playoff game due to lack of players.  So we recruited subs and the other team agreed to play an exhibition game, but the refs were like "nah, we're out.  Going up to the bar, thanks though."

They said USA Hockey forbids them from working unsanctioned games.  So, we just scrimmaged and it was really, really fun.  We won 8-6. The scorekeeper stayed and kept score and set the clock for us.

Oh hockey how I love thee.

• Like 2

Hey fellas, just found out the Goalie Archive's lost its domain. The owner explains what happened on his Facebook page. Sucks to not have it anymore.  

If anyone is knowledgeable about domains, setting up websites and has a solution for him reach out to his Facebook.  

Hey Guys,

I haven't used a chest protector with a wrist strap in nearly forever. Is this amount of interaction with a C/A normal? Or is are the arms on my C/A slightly too long? 

I use a Medium C/A and have a fingertip to finger tip measurement of 70" which seems to be the cusp between Small and Medium for the arms. 

Just curious as I'm starting to believe that I've sized my C/A's wrong this entire time and should be getting a Medium Body with Small arms chest protectors. 

20220816_090959.jpg

20220816_090826.jpg

20220816_090837.jpg

20220816_090855.jpg

20220816_090938.jpg

20220816_090941.jpg

20220816_090949.jpg