Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MTH said:

Bauer just released a new Easton Synergy stick. The OG of 'one piece sticks'.

Told my kids this was the Air Jordan 1 of sticks.

EASTON SYNERGY STICK SENIOR

I presume it's just one of the Bauer models. Since all their top models have unique features (rounded shaft / hole in blade) - this must be a senior model stick. Thus the $199 price tag.

Still cool.

God those were the only stick that everyone wanted when I was a kid. 

My dad was at least smart enough to not give in to my whining for it so I could lean on it as a house defenceman 

I was playing 18+ roller tournament hockey. We'd play in tournaments, regionals and nationals every weekend when the Synergy stick was released.

As a goalie, you always looked for the dudes who had them on the floor. Usually those dudes would rip shots all day. No playmakers got them at the time.

My team had a thing where we'd all put up $5 each before the game - the guy who broke an opponent's synergy stick during the game got the pot of money. Myself included. I'd make saves and roll over on someone's stick if possible.

Good ol days.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MTH said:

I was playing 18+ roller tournament hockey. We'd play in tournaments, regionals and nationals every weekend when the Synergy stick was released.

As a goalie, you always looked for the dudes who had them on the floor. Usually those dudes would rip shots all day. No playmakers got them at the time.

My team had a thing where we'd all put up $5 each before the game - the guy who broke an opponent's synergy stick during the game got the pot of money. Myself included. I'd make saves and roll over on someone's stick if possible.

Good ol days.

That's fucking hysterical

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Scythe said:

Would You (anybody here) cheat to win? 

Yup. Most recently considered trying thigh boards again.

Aside from that, in the past I’ve added up to 4in of extra padding in the shoulders, made unreasonably deep pockets, bent outer rolls outwards to make pads wider, flared blocker sidewalls to cover holes, and of course my ridiculous bauer/warrior hybrid chest. Those arms should not be allowed anywhere outside of box lacrosse. 

But if we exclude equipment, there’s been plenty of pad and glove saves that were over the line that weren’t counted because they bounced back out. At one point I’d also undone my helmet between plays to get a free timeout next time I saw a shot. 

High school and Junior hockey are fun times with the amount you can get away with. 

• Like 3

On 11/21/2022 at 10:14 AM, Scythe said:

Would You (anybody here) cheat to win? 

Define cheat. If you mean whether I managed to stop one over the goal line and pulled it out before the ref saw it, guilty. But I only got away with that in broken down end of the road mens league. Playing for real in junior or college, goal judges pretty much saw everything. I also freely admit that I stack as much snow as possible at the goal posts. If that is cheating, guilty. If deliberately loosening a pad strap or glove wrist strap to get a few extra seconds of air or the PK was gassed, guilty. If falling into the post to knock the net off the line to get a whistle, guilty. I suppose I am a convict but I do go to confession at church.....just wish that was all I had to confess. :)

Although I was tempted to do the equipment "mods" mentioned by ThatCarGuy, I never did that because I was concerned about messing up my stuff. The deceased Tony Esposito, I am sure, is smiling at ThatCarGuy's creativity, especially with the pads.

Edited by Fullright
Syntax and CarGuy's genius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Bad news about Demko leaving the game, tough break for the Nucks.

Spencer Martin has been better this year anyways. 

Plus I got to see the other Spencer (Knight) in person and dude is solid. 

7 minutes ago, jerd31 said:

Hi, can I interest you in one Philadelphia Flyers?

You get to watch Carter Hart, so sure. 

5 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I got to see these two save live last night in a spectacular game by Goober

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClpzU1KANl2/

Great save. 

Finally got a bruise wearing the aegis pro g neck guard. super minor bruise but I’d rather replace something like a neck guard at the first bruise instead of the first break.

In defense of the neck guard I’ve had this thing for nearly 2 years now and beat the shit out of it. The only reason I’m going to have to abandon it is the spandex stretches out over time creating gaps in the padding around the neck line. 

Most likely going with a Brian’s neck guard since it looks like a kova clone. 

On 12/2/2022 at 1:32 PM, jerd31 said:

You mean this Carter Hart?

Got to say, that was an odd bounce that puck took off the end wall. Kicked up and then hit the side of his pad.

I play at the Flyers Training Center (where they practice) and always am amazed how live the boards are there. Most rinks have boards that are like wet newspaper. I imagine the practice rink is pretty much the same as the rink at the Flyers stadium.

13 minutes ago, MTH said:

Got to say, that was an odd bounce that puck took off the end wall. Kicked up and then hit the side of his pad.

I play at the Flyers Training Center (where they practice) and always am amazed how live the boards are there. Most rinks have boards that are like wet newspaper. I imagine the practice rink is pretty much the same as the rink at the Flyers stadium.

Can't be much worse than Oaks Center Ice, where a dump into the corner shoots the puck out into the slot.

• Confused 1