Wilcox Goal Design Thread

cwarnar

14 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I admit I am being harsh, but the second I asked him about the player fingers, he stopped answering my emails, plus it took me calling him out on social media to get response about the Heaton glove. 

Just very frustrated by him. I work two jobs and have a chronically ill spouse, but I take care of business. And if I can't- I am very upfront about it.

That's what I am getting at.  Everyone has their own shit to deal with(and I am sorry to hear about your wife) but if you're trying to run a business then at least let people know that you're running behind and wanna catch up before you take on more work.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

That's what I am getting at.  Everyone has their own shit to deal with(and I am sorry to hear about your wife) but if you're trying to run a business then at least let people know that you're running behind and wanna catch up before you take on more work.

My wife still works, I just now shoulder a bit more of the physical load, as she tires very easy due to her illness. Toughest woman I've ever known. 

That's the one thing I admire about Keeps and Sara- they are VERY upfront about when they can't take anything on. 

Hello group I just joined up to try and answer questions abd to shed l8ght on some questions.  There is nothing in the world that I would love to do is to work on goalie gear full time..... but as things folded out for me it has both quiet worked out that way.  I have a full time job in the day that 90% of the time I don't have access to email or the Internet.   I come home from work to be with my wife and 2 kids and do fatherly duties, then I might have a couple hours a night to work in my little home shop abd answer emails.  I know I miss some emails, I do my best, the more I'm online the less tone I have to work.  As for reskin gloves, I am backing away from some of the work as it takes a lot longer to reskin a glove for less money then it is to make a new glove from scratch. 

All I can say is i am doing my best and will try harder to answer emails.  If I have lost some customers and they do not like me, I am sorry.  If you feel you need to ail me and vent to me instead of on here please feel free. Wilcox.goal.design@gmail.com 

I will also do my best to come on here and answer questions when I have time.

Thank you to all my goalie friends,

Dave wilcox 

Dave-

It is not that I don't like you, but it felt that you had selectively ignored some emails pertaining to a problem I had with a blocker I got from you last year and also the enquiry about a re-skin. I wanted advise on what to do and whether or not you could, at my expense, convert the blocker back to having a regular palm or how much to repalm with the player fingers.  

When I did deal with you last year for the blocker, the emails were back and forth, you were fantastic to deal with. I loved that you were willing to do whatever it took to make the blocker however I wanted. It still gets comments when people check it out.

I don't even blame you for backing off of the re-skins. They probably cost more than it's worth to do them. Several builders I know won't even think about doing them.

You're probably a swell guy in person. 

Let me finish by saying that I took to a public forum as my emails were being ignored. This is the very last I will write on this subject on this forum and as far as I am concerned, our business is finished. 

Sincerely,

Douglas A. Rogers

Dave

Loved all your designs, had all TPS stuff in the day.

You obviously have lots to deal with, but at some point your lack of time to put in the business will outweigh the quality of you gear (see above).

You might be better to just make stock gear build up some inventory and sell it that way. Takes away the frustrations of wait times.

Good luck

I'm taking all of this in, in a positive way to help grow.   I know I have screwed up and I'm man enough to admit it. I do wish I had more time and I've already made a plan to help with this issue.   Another thing I will have to do is being more upfront and holding off on projects so I can get the projects at hand done.

With the idea of stocking stock product, that at this time is not feasible as the material and time that would be wrapped up in that is not step I can take.

All I can say now is i have always taken advise in the past (positive/negative) To make my self a better person and designer and I'm not going to stop now.

Thank you again to all my supporters.  I will post some of my past and current projects on here to help turn that around... 

Dave

Hi dan, I've ordered your full right parts and I look forward to making your custom glove set... I also just bought a vinyl cutter to make doing custom graphics a little easier....

Stay positive group....

On 29/04/2017 at 0:58 PM, WGD said:

A few new custom mask bags.

Removing a bunch of photos to make this easier to read.

HOLY, those look amazing. I don't like Transformers and that Bumblebee one looks great. I might have to get one of these in the future when I get my new mask...

On 4/20/2017 at 1:58 AM, mik said:

What is the advantage of these fingers? Saw it some years ago, but never got chance to try...

I don't know the advantage. Maybe more protection.  I used an eagle blocker early 2000s I borrowed from my cousin. I absolutely loved it.  

On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 3:06 PM, Hills said:

HOLY, those look amazing. I don't like Transformers and that Bumblebee one looks great. I might have to get one of these in the future when I get my new mask...

When you are ready email me with some concept ideas and we can work on a design. Wilcox.goal.design@gmail.com 

On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 9:06 PM, Mike24 said:

I don't know the advantage. Maybe more protection.  I used an eagle blocker early 2000s I borrowed from my cousin. I absolutely loved it.  

Yes better protection and I just wanted to design something a little different, whatever time make a blocker more then just a blocker...

On 5/2/2017 at 9:17 AM, WGD said:

Yes better protection and I just wanted to design something a little different, whatever time make a blocker more then just a blocker...

What does a blocker with players fingers run? 

On Wednesday, May 03, 2017 at 9:18 PM, Mike24 said:

What does a blocker with players fingers run? 

Email me and we can talk about price abd specs, I'm not sure if I can post prices here, don't want to step on any toes. Wilcox.goal.design@gmail.com 

On Wednesday, May 03, 2017 at 2:13 PM, DonPost said:

I've heard between $50-$100 CAD.

That's about right, I didn't post price on here because i didn't know if it was allowed.  

Archived