The official 2021-2022 "Gear sitings" thread

Steph Lawa

33 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Colin Delia

Finally a Chicago goalie with the style and bravery to emphasize green on some gear.  Awesome looking bucket to compliment these badass B⭐s

20211002_103845.jpg

20211002_103909.jpg

Very slick! But if you’re willing to help the aged here: where is the green on his gear…(?) Or was that in reference to the mask?

(bonus points for anyone who caught the Pulp reference…)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Very slick! But if you’re willing to help the aged here: where is the green on his gear…(?) Or was that in reference to the mask?

(bonus points for anyone who caught the Pulp reference…)

Yep.  The bucket, which I haphazardly included in "gear".  You caught me slippin'.

On 10/2/2021 at 6:42 PM, seagoal said:

Colin Delia

Finally a Chicago goalie with the style and bravery to emphasize green on some gear.  Awesome looking bucket to compliment these badass B⭐s

20211002_103845.jpg

20211002_103909.jpg

This is how gear should be done! Head to toe, I love it. Reminds me of Crazy Eddie! I always have nostalgic memories with Chicago. Having those retro Air-Pac’s just tops it off.

New Bauer skates for 2022, interesting no laces

"Last week we teased a mystery skate from Bauer that is expected to be VERY different. Now we have our first good pic from the Dallas Stars locker room as Jake Oettinger is one of the first pros to be using the skates. The construction is extremely unique, essentially making a goalie boot that is laceless and had a hinge point at the ankle. After multiple years of development, the few pros who have gotten to use them have given glowing reviews."

244493906_10159442644043116_9024200863902375576_n.jpg

Edited by Snowman30

32 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

New Bauer skates for 2022, interesting no laces

"Last week we teased a mystery skate from Bauer that is expected to be VERY different. Now we have our first good pic from the Dallas Stars locker room as Jake Oettinger is one of the first pros to be using the skates. The construction is extremely unique, essentially making a goalie boot that is laceless and had a hinge point at the ankle. After multiple years of development, the few pros who have gotten to use them have given glowing reviews."

image.png.b0020bea35b8853511db21b4ac1361b6.png

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

image.thumb.png.84d0c5096aebe8b830eddf5d5846e7f6.png

Grubauer's stall.

Wonder what the little pouch on the back of the chesty is for

C for...cocaine?

For mic up I guess.

About Bauer skates. I was thinking about that a couple times and IMO we won't be seeing skates with lace on top price point in few (or more) years.

8 minutes ago, seagoal said:

My response to those Bauer skates:

1) are those real?

2) no way in hell I would ever wear anything like that.

3)  I sound old

I would totally use them, except for the fact that I love my new Graf boot immensely more than my prior pair which were Bauers. I've already been using velcro for the past few months. 

2 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

I would totally use them, except for the fact that I love my new Graf boot immensely more than my prior pair which were Bauers. I've already been using velcro for the past few months. 

Velcro instead of laces?

6 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

Yeah. On a whim I decided to try out the Halo Hockey Laces 2.0 (https://halohockey.com/ols/products/laces2-stock).

I like them. I'm lazy, it's the exact same level of tightness each time. It is wearing on my pads a bit though.

Wow.  That is news to me.  Never seen that before.  

Man, my aversion to that is is sharp.  Aside from just looks, not for a single second ever in my life playing hockey did I ever think anything like "I wish these laces on my skates didn't exist" or " I wish lacing up my skates was quicker or easier." So there is the practical side to this where I'm like....."but, why?  Since when are laces on skates a problem needing improvement?"

I was really slow to abandon thigh wraps, less slow but slow to adopt bungee toe ties, and sorta slow to abandon leather straps relative to a lot of goalies on here or even in the pros.  I'm a pretty stubborn, disagreeable person in general so my general response to changes and innovations is at first NO NO NO NO WHY WHY WHY.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Wow.  That is news to me.  Never seen that before.  

Man, my aversion to that is is sharp.  Aside from just looks, not for a single second ever in my life playing hockey did I ever think anything like "I wish these laces on my skates didn't exist" or " I wish lacing up my skates was quicker or easier." So there is the practical side to this where I'm like....."but, why?  Since when are laces on skates a problem needing improvement?"

I was really slow to abandon thigh wraps, less slow but slow to adopt bungee toe ties, and sorta slow to abandon leather straps relative to a lot of goalies on here or even in the pros.  I'm a pretty stubborn, disagreeable person in general so my general response to changes and innovations is at first NO NO NO NO WHY WHY WHY.

I’m with you in that one @seagoal. Apart from leather straps, I agree on everything. 

I then enquire with my old dealer, some time back, to see what’s new and I couldn’t help but feel like an old man with all this new type of toe bridges, strapping, thigh/knee protection, different materials for the sliding area of the pads etc!

• Like 1