The official 2021-2022 "Gear sitings" thread

Steph Lawa

1 minute ago, Chenner29 said:

That's a 20.1 graphic, probably leftover from his initial tryout phase with the True glove

He first switched over when CCM was still making Lefebvre gear when he was still on the Blues. I don't think I can recall seeing any images of him in CCM/True gloves since being with the Canadiens?

13 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

He first switched over when CCM was still making Lefebvre gear when he was still on the Blues. I don't think I can recall seeing any images of him in CCM/True gloves since being with the Canadiens?

Me neither, he was using a Brian's glove all the time. He might have tried other brand during practices, but during game time, I always noticed the two "eyes" on the top of the glove from Brian's.

21 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/allen-careys-going-to-be-awesome-to-work-with/c-320124886'

Article dated 1/2021

C'mon man, this was easy

27 minutes ago, chile57 said:

Well played Mr. Elliott - well played...

BUFFALO, NY - OCTOBER 25: Brian Elliott #1 of the Tampa Bay Lightning tends goal against the Buffalo Sabres during an NHL game on October 25, 2021 at KeyBank Center in Buffalo, New York. (Photo by Bill Wippert/NHLI via Getty Images)

https%3A%2F%2Feditorinleaf.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F639457516.jpeg

Elliot's nickname is Moose.  Those are moose antlers on the top of his mask,  And lightning bolts for the trunk of the palm tree.  I really don't think there is any Potvin tribute intended

I'm aware of the nickname and the items you've pointed out @Naz. Maybe I sniffed too much glue back in grade school but intentional or not - looks like its at the very least influenced by Potvin's masks of years past. Unofficial vote anyone? 😊

Perhaps "tribute" was the wrong word choice but I'm banking on the fact that he already pulled off a perfect Cujo/Blues replica of the same vintage (anybody remember that Pinnacle set of "Masks" cards that included both Cujo's trumpet mask and Potvin's cat (?)) he's at least somewhat of a gear connoisseur like the rest of us here. If nothing else - makes for a fun(ner) story.

Edited by chile57
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scythe said:

Anybody have an idea what c/a Sabres goalie Justin Tokarski is wearing and how he's wearing it? At 2:26 he looks mammoth and it looks real floppy underneath. 

Dustin Tokarski is becoming the Voldemort of this forum. (Harry fans get what I’m saying) This guy to me is the super rich dude who dresses like a bum, drives a car that is falling apart, and lives in a trailer. He can get any gear in the world and he uses old stuff that looks like shit.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Scythe said:

Anybody have an idea what c/a Sabres goalie Dustin Tokarski is wearing and how he's wearing it? At 2:26 he looks mammoth and it looks real floppy underneath. 

Old picture from his time with the Canadiens, but looks to be an old Koho unit.

Wouldn't be too surprised if his current C/A is similar to this one considering he's still rocking the Premier style version of a True leg pad.

EVuuBV2X0AMkA1r.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 10:54 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Dustin Tokarski is becoming the Voldemort of this forum. (Harry fans get what I’m saying) This guy to me is the super rich dude who dresses like a bum, drives a car that is falling apart, and lives in a trailer. He can get any gear in the world and he uses old stuff that looks like shit.

God forbid he uses what he prefers amirite? Technically yes the pads he's wearing are complete garbo but if he likes it then so be it. Campbell essentially wears the same type of pad as him but I don't see as much uproar about it, lol.

On 11/23/2021 at 7:59 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Old picture from his time with the Canadiens, but looks to be an old Koho unit.

Wouldn't be too surprised if his current C/A is similar to this one considering he's still rocking the Premier style version of a True leg pad.

EVuuBV2X0AMkA1r.jpg

That's a Reebok 11k.  Below vid cap is dated 2014.

image.png.eb0ab6334d48155646f25539e9d759f2.png

I'd guess there's 50/50 odds he either moved on to the new spec CCM or is in a Kenesky Premier 1 clone

Based on this pic,  he doesn't tuck - hence the poofy tum tum from @Scythe's clip

• Like 2

14 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

God forbid he uses what he prefers amirite? Technically yes the pads he's wearing are complete garbo but if he likes it then so be it. Campbell essentially wears the same type of pad as him but I don't see as much uproar about it, lol.

Campbell wears Quick’s pads from like 2014 or 15. Neither of them have over rotation issues or look like they’ve been used for 5 years.