The official 2021-2022 "Gear sitings" thread

Steph Lawa

It’s the return of the Lefevre flipped graphic blocker. For those of you that don’t know every now and then a flipped graphic will show up, it’s like seeing a double rainbow. 

In an actual discussion, I’ve seen Gibson’s glove have a 20.2 backhand instead of 12.2, Blackwood’s Ccm backhand. Now this, do we think that supply-chain issues are causing Lefebvre to throw on whatever will fit to make it though right now?

90C7CE15-47A9-4E42-A320-7D24FB74D736.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 9:05 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

The Kuemperor has a new setup that I think he is just using with the alternates but they are sick!

3F8F0281-8B78-4F5C-BAD9-15E37341F39C.jpeg

Very much agreed.

I think it'd be impossible to make those amazing jerseys look bad.

The blue and red on his pads are coordinated to the jersey sleeve perfectly.

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 5:32 AM, RedX said:

It’s the return of the Lefevre flipped graphic blocker. For those of you that don’t know every now and then a flipped graphic will show up, it’s like seeing a double rainbow. 

In an actual discussion, I’ve seen Gibson’s glove have a 20.2 backhand instead of 12.2, Blackwood’s Ccm backhand. Now this, do we think that supply-chain issues are causing Lefebvre to throw on whatever will fit to make it though right now?

Not sure about the others, but the upside down blocker graphic is a Lefevre QC thing.  It happened to Patrick Roy a long time ago too, IIRC on a Koho 590 blocker

Goalie Gear Nerd also posted something about Daccord having one of his pads badged 12.2 and the other 12.1.  I'm guessing this is a QC error on the Lefevre side as well, seeing as how the 12.2 line was made available to pros in August 2020 for preorder, and the expansion draft didn't happen until July(?) 2021

image.png.6d4986848c9a751a1c4aab2a5983e223.png

Edit:

Flipped through comments, the legend himself commented:

image.png.e1c41a3f22c32c72faae24c83f3e18af.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Not sure about the others, but the upside down blocker graphic is a Lefevre QC thing.  It happened to Patrick Roy a long time ago too, IIRC on a Koho 590 blocker

Goalie Gear Nerd also posted something about Daccord having one of his pads badged 12.2 and the other 12.1.  I'm guessing this is a QC error on the Lefevre side as well, seeing as how the 12.2 line was made available to pros in August 2020 for preorder, and the expansion draft didn't happen until July(?) 2021

image.png.6d4986848c9a751a1c4aab2a5983e223.png

Edit:

Flipped through comments, the legend himself commented:

image.png.e1c41a3f22c32c72faae24c83f3e18af.png

So the number one selling point of getting True gear is no longer 100% accurate. Great. 

• Haha 2

On 1/22/2022 at 7:32 AM, RedX said:

0% think that's a supply chain issue. Lefevre cuts the parts in house. I would assume the materials are mostly the same, it's just the shape the materials are cut into and the layup of the internals.

I think people are creatures of habit and are gravitating back to what they are used to. 

Im pretty confident saying some people are still in CCM cores skinned as True, same as people using older Vaughn specs like V4 or V6 construction. There is no issue with the True product, it's just people not wanting to deal with spec changes.

I wish OEMs would share more about their cores. A core change is a big deal.

Grubauer is an example of this. He wants to wear what he had success in.

• Like 1

Are the NHL pros moving towards more open and super loose strapped pads with the knee strap down to calf?

Is the knee strap still doing something there with stiffer and more inbuilt kneestacks meaning that is the next strap that'll go away? Atleast with Professor strap it propably is useless.

On 1/28/2022 at 4:20 PM, ArdeFIN said:

Are the NHL pros moving towards more open and super loose strapped pads with the knee strap down to calf?

Is the knee strap still doing something there with stiffer and more inbuilt kneestacks meaning that is the next strap that'll go away? Atleast with Professor strap it propably is useless.

The Knee strap from the cradle may soon be the next to go. With Professor strap, rotation control, FRS, whatever you are calling it it can make the knee cradle strap redundant. 

Carey Price dropped the knee elastic with the True 12.2 opting to go with a leather strap and the FRS. The new 20.2 come “stock” without any knee elastic, opting for a nylon and Velcro hybrid.

That said I don’t think goalies are wearing pads super loose, I actually think they are the opposite. More goalies are wanting a tighter connection to the pad typically around the top of the calf which also allows the overall pad to sit much higher on the foot.

C0AB3D20-DD14-4875-8CE5-0CDEDADCAB9B.jpeg

A400FE4C-77F0-436B-AA8A-73DABE4D062A.jpeg

01BF1F05-F221-44B9-8BB3-FD852466AFBD.jpeg