The official 2021-2022 "Gear sitings" thread

Steph Lawa

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

That guy does some great airbrush videos.  I watched so many recently. 

Skulls look so good with Calgary colors and the flames.  Excited to see this when it's done.  Kipper had some good ones back in the day and this looks to be even better.

Given what he did with Price's cyborg mask, there could be some really interesting choices in this one.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's really too bad than Aron Dell isn't a bonafide starter in the NHL.

He's got some amazing style.

Untitled.png.35dfa2964aa0b8fa189c3c5daf3afd6f.png

Damn, hell yeah.  His San Jose set was so good.  Been looking forward to this set, thanks for posting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hockeygoalie111 said:

They spelled his name wrong on the boot!!!!

damn, good eye.  wow....missing that second L.

It's funny, I got that on his personal instagram and now I wonder if he mentioned that in the comments.  

4 hours ago, MTH said:

The school buys these kids their gear, right?

Yes for sure.

Upon committing to a team at the NCAA/Major Junior level, players receive a form to fill out with space to list all their gear preferences. It's basically a sheet telling the EQM what gear they need to stock for that player from head to toe, down to stick flex/blade pattern and skate hollow.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Yes for sure.

Upon committing to a team at the NCAA/Major Junior level, players receive a form to fill out with space to list all their gear preferences. It's basically a sheet telling the EQM what gear they need to stock for that player from head to toe, down to stick flex/blade pattern and skate hollow.

I wonder how many of them say something other than “regular”… I’d think that with modern pads/3mm cowlingless skates etc, the tendency would be to go sharper than the dull skates and shallow hollows on the fat 4mm of yesteryear, but I wonder if it’s to the point that many/most kids at this level know the hollow they want.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I wonder how many of them say something other than “regular”… I’d think that with modern pads/3mm cowlingless skates etc, the tendency would be to go sharper than the dull skates and shallow hollows on the fat 4mm of yesteryear, but I wonder if it’s to the point that many/most kids at this level know the hollow they want.

Good question, I would say it's down to the individual.  There's some who are more in tune with what they want and some who just don't care.

I skated with Justin Pogge last year said he just lets the equipment guys worry about it.  All of his gear was literally bone stock, like he just went into a retail shop and bought it.

I was also getting some coaching from a recently retired ECHL guy who specifies his cut but would stone the front half of the blade himself.  Our first time out, we chatted about skates a bit and he said he likes the 3mm steel on the two piece Trues more than the 4mm on the one piece.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Pants are boring but I had to post the first ever, in all of history, Seattle Kraken gear siting.  I for sure plan on attending training camp to get photos of the good stuff. 

Not complaining, just an observation

I ordered my pants 5/20

The expansion draft wasn't til 7/21

I'm still waiting on my pants

• Haha 2