The official 2021-2022 "Gear sitings" thread

Steph Lawa

11 hours ago, seagoal said:

Ugh.  Heartbreaking.  You beat me to it.  But I see you that and raise you this:

E-3-2Q4VcBM2RHI.jpeg.thumb.jpg.4293a50413bf79d2b15362a7b99fe587.jpg

E-3-2Q4UcAA6NIr.jpeg.jpg

Screenshot_20210909-191811_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210909-191813_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210909-191833_Samsung Internet.jpg

At least his helmet has style.

Those pads are an absolute snooze fest. I did have a feeling that we wouldn't see too many great sets out of Seattle. With two pretty soft blues as their primary colours, there's nothing that really pops out until you add the red to it.

For whatever reason, even Carter Harts boring, single small orange line on a white base seems to stand out more than Grubauer's here and I think that's solely due to how 'sharp' orange is as a colour.

I'm ready to eat crow once a great set does come out of a goalie in Seattle, I just have my reservations about ever seeing one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

At least his helmet has style.

Those pads are an absolute snooze fest. I did have a feeling that we wouldn't see too many great sets out of Seattle. With two pretty soft blues as their primary colours, there's nothing that really pops out until you add the red to it.

For whatever reason, even Carter Harts boring, single small orange line on a white base seems to stand out more than Grubauer's here and I think that's solely due to how 'sharp' orange is as a colour.

I'm ready to eat crow once a great set does come out of a goalie in Seattle, I just have my reservations about ever seeing one.

12 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

His new mask looks sweet. I don't mind his True's either! 

One of my teammates said the pads remind him of toothpaste.   I can see it.  Could be the photo but it looks a little pastel-y. 

I agree Coop.  I didn't have high hopes for Grubauer.  He plays really safe and boring with gear. A bit more hope for Diedger but we'll see..

Grubauer's mask looks good, but still safe and obvious.  70/100 goalies would have that same mask.. I do like the red on the forehead. 

18 minutes ago, seagoal said:

One of my teammates said the pads remind him of toothpaste.   I can see it.  Could be the photo but it looks a little pastel-y. 

I agree Coop.  I didn't have high hopes for Grubauer.  He plays really safe and boring with gear. A bit more hope for Diedger but we'll see..

Grubauer's mask looks good, but still safe and obvious.  70/100 goalies would have that same mask.. I do like the red on the forehead. 

Yea Grubauer hasn't exactly been a goalie fan boy's favourite for gear sitings. Diedger is going to be a good baseline for what we can expect in the NHL for pad style wise. (which league wide is generally lacking).

From what I can tell, he consistently has a decent amount of colour on his pads despite sticking with a white base and he regularly uses all two/three colours of a teams palette.

42 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea Grubauer hasn't exactly been a goalie fan boy's favourite for gear sitings. Diedger is going to be a good baseline for what we can expect in the NHL for pad style wise. (which league wide is generally lacking).

From what I can tell, he consistently has a decent amount of colour on his pads despite sticking with a white base and he regularly uses all two/three colours of a teams palette.

Agreed.  I hope Driedger shows up in V9s with the 3 color zones with their colors (like mine).  I think it would look awesome....sorta ripping off my own colorways here

image.thumb.png.e2f11ef225e4bf202562e9a1baf9390a.png

EDIT: ^ I forgot to add red.  I must be shamed and punished.

No word on Driedger in town yet.  Yesterday morning was Grubauer vs Daccord by all the sitings I heard.

Edited by seagoal
  • Haha 2

On 9/9/2021 at 12:40 PM, Chenner29 said:

For sure the logos.  They changed the font. I prefer the old ones

image.png.43412db37ab6c7f619d79849aa0d7148.png

Graphic looks pretty spice though, a little bit of EF3 in there

Someone on Youtube is going to make a complaint video and say the pads are unplayable because of the logo

He may or not be a former mod here, sucks at hockey, and YouTubing.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Maxpower29 said:

Looking at ordering these V9s. I hate Boston but their colors matched my companies colors the best so here's the jerseys we made. Going to get them to match the yellow better 

received_828360771272640.jpeg

model-image.png

Wrong thread but no biggie. Enjoy your new gear.

I hope you're a HABS fan and that jersey you're standing on is a Leafs one :D