BAUER PRO ICE HOCKEY GOALIE SKATES REVIEW ?

I had my foot scanned with the Bauer 3D scanner and showed my left foot is 11 and my right foot is 11.25 so suggested that as custom or 11.5 retail. Also said my fit was 1 because my foot is narrow. I already have the 11 fit 2 baked so we’ll see how it goes. 

Played tonight with them and they felt pretty good. Stock insoles, normal lacing to top eyelets, no lace bite, no ankle pain. The agility profile was fine and had no issues with 5/8 sharpening. Only thing that hurt a bit was the bottoms of my feet in the arch area. It wasn’t bad pain but noticeable. Not sure if the actual fit 1 would be better for this issue or what? Toes are close to the toe cap esp in the right skate but not cramped. I might try them with my super feet next time out just to see 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Did he suggest this due to the size difference in your feet?

Not sure. I think because fit 2 is standard. Most people will be fit 2 or 3. Fit 1 is narrow. The 11 fits pretty good, my toes don’t feel cramped 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Glad it worked out then.  That could be pretty ballsy for a salesman to go against what Bauer's programming is suggesting.  

Yeah I think the fit 1 wouldn’t been to tight. I was in 2x pro 11D before these. They also can’t be returned so glad they worked out. I’d be interested to try on a pair of fit 1 but nobody locally has my size. Fit 2 is pretty much the standard. Fit 1 for super narrow foot and fit 3 for wide feet 

• 6 months later...

Used mine for the first time tonight (10.5 fit 3, size 13 nike/vans). Very apprehensive about the new fit system but for the first time in 10 years, I can wear a Bauer skate. Having been wearing Graf and then Vh and now True, these are going to be a great option for those who can't get into a custom skate and need a very DEEP and WIDE skate. 

These are the only skates I can pass the "pencil test" on at all and my foot isn't completely poking out of the top of the boot, and has enough ankle depth as well. 

The only cons are the ankle feels pretty loose with the new "stanceflex" fit compared to my 1piece trues and I cant stand the 3mm steel. I was also getting some drag of the toes when sliding but that's more of a technique issue for me. I also wish I could of had a size 10 blade, but because its a fit 3 and half size it went up to an 11. I like a smaller blade generally.

I may re-bake or even punch them out as both feet have a large bump in the rear mid-foot that causes some pressure, but overall I'm very impressed that Bauer has made a skate to mostly accommodate me. Jury is still out on if I will keep them (my retailer offers 30 days no questions asked) but I think between coaching and playing ill get a good enough idea if these are for me.

I really want another set of Trues (white 2 piece) but I have heard the wait time right now is quite long and the extra 200$ for expedited production isn't very appealing tbh. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 2:28 PM, dean42mvg said:

I currently have the Bauer Vapor 2X pro Goalie Skates.

I was just curious if anyone had feedback as to how the new fit feels, the Pro tongue on the Pro etc etc etc

bauer-goalie-skates-vapor-s19-2x-pro-sr.

Skate is great, as with all the Bauer cowlingless products before Ultra Sonic, it's an issue of Fit?

I have used 1S, 2S, 2X, and now Ultra Sonic. Always liked the skates, but Ultra Sonic is the only skate that fits me properly. I am standard player Supreme fit based on the foot scan.

• Like 1