2021 NHL Trades/Free Agency

seagoal

So for basically the same price (a 1st and a 2nd), Philly got Ristolainen while Vancouver got OEL, Garland, AND dumped a bunch of salary? Yes pelase Vancouver.

Only downfall is the long term money to OEL.... They have 18.8 mil in cap space and still need to sign Petterson/Hughes, plus others.

Edited by holdUP

The all anticipated Seth Jones Trade:

Chicago receives Seth Jones and signs him to an 8 year, 9.5 million AAV extension, 2021 1st Round Pick (#32) and a 2022 6th Round Pick. CBJ receives Adam Boqvist, 2021 1st Round Pick (#12), 2021 2nd Round Pick (#44) and a 2022 1st Round Pick.

Edited by dretti33

A few goalie rumblings as reported by Elliotte Friedman and Darren Dreger

-Martin Jones bought out and released by San Jose

-Braden Holtby bought out and released by Vancouver

-Marc Andre Fleury is being traded to Chicago, but, he may not accept it and might retire instead

Should be interesting to see this pan out.

Sidenote: I'm hoping Seattle picks up Halak tomorrow.  I think we need an established, reliable veteran behind Driedger. 

55 minutes ago, seagoal said:

-Marc Andre Fleury is being traded to Chicago, but, he may not accept it and might retire instead

Sidenote: I'm hoping Seattle picks up Halak tomorrow.  I think we need an established, reliable veteran behind Driedger. 

Would love for the Leafs to pick up Holtby.  I think he would be a great fit with Campbell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dretti33 said:

I agree, hopefully a team that should have some solid defense next year can help holtby out of his slump.

I'm reading that the Leafs have more interest in Jones or Mrazek now?  I think I would take Jones at a lesser price.

Edited by GoalieNut
spelling

33 minutes ago, GoalieNut said:

I'm reading that the Leafs have more interest in Jones or Mrazek now?  I think I would take Jones at a lesser price.

I'm scared with the interest of either due to their history with injury. Jones hasn't been hot for a little while so I'd spend a bit more to get Mrazek. But then again, the leafs are in no position to be spending more money

15 hours ago, seagoal said:

15 hours ago, insertnamehere said:

I was very wrong in thinking that this would be a typical boring offseason. Fleury for nothing, wow. 

Should've changed the DeBoer to Vegas in the pic, but oh well.

Jesus, the disrespect in Vegas for this man has been unreal. 
He's been nothing but a good soldier during his time in Vegas and Pitt. 

An article I read earlier has the Vegas GM on record saying Fleury is the most popular player in the franchise by far...and they pull this.

Now he's going to this team.

3 hours ago, cuprajake said:

i dont think he will go,, i reckon he may retire

It kills me how people talk all about pro athletes making too much money, blah blah blah. Certainly, the ones that get huge paycheques make the news. The stories of debauchery, treating women poorly and having multiple children by multiple mothers seem to be the impression the general public is left with as a result of salacious reporting. In the end, they are treated like property. I have known many professional athletes due to my former profession as barber/stylist. Most that I got to know had a few years making okay money. Some went to Europe, some toiled away in low-tier and unaffiliated leagues. Some were comfortably off; others not so much by situations created by themselves or through no control of their own. 

What sucks for MAF is that after earning the award for best goaltending performance, he was literally thrown away in a salary dumping move to a team that the Golden Showers KNEW he wouldn’t play for. That’s rotten. MAF seems to be comfortable and likely smart. This shows you that in the end, pro athletes are merely a property and when you are no longer useful, you’re thrown out with yesterday’s news.

It would be AWESOME if MAF strapped it on and played for the Hawks out of spite. 

Edited by bunnyman666

20 minutes ago, dretti33 said:

@GoalieNutLooks like the Leafs listened to me and decided to spend more and go for Mrazek, signing him to a 3 year, 3.8 million aav. Not a terrible contract, seeing that Freddie went to the Canes for 2 years, 4.5 million aav. 

Ugh, this makes me sad.

I wanted him and his awesome name and his beautiful Vaughn gear in a Kraken jersey.  He was on my very, very short wish-list.   Dang.

Martin Jones to Philadelphia for 1 year at $2M.  Thank the gods he didn't hop on a train and go North.

Braden Holtby is now a Dallas Star for 1 year.

Brian Elliot to Tampa Bay.

Frederik Andersen is now a Hurricane.

Dang yall.

Edited by seagoal

11 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Martin Jones to Philadelphia for 1 year at $2M.  Thank the gods he didn't hop on a train and go North.

Braden Holtby is now a Dallas Star for 1 year.

Brian Elliot to Tampa Bay.

Frederik Andersen is now a Hurricane.

Dang yall.

Goalies go brrrrrrrrr

I was kind of hoping that Vancouver would sign Jones as he's a native of these parts (North Vancouver).

Though I'm sure not upset about singing Halak. Always loved him as a goalie.

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

Goalies go brrrrrrrrr

I was kind of hoping that Vancouver would sign Jones as he's a native of these parts (North Vancouver).

Though I'm sure not upset about singing Halak. Always loved him as a goalie.

Wait I didn't see that one.  Halak signed with Vancouver?

14 minutes ago, dretti33 said:

@GoalieNutLooks like the Leafs listened to me and decided to spend more and go for Mrazek, signing him to a 3 year, 3.8 million aav. Not a terrible contract, seeing that Freddie went to the Canes for 2 years, 4.5 million aav. 

As a Leaf fan no Fn thanks.  Campbell isn't playing 40 plus or 50 plus, I can't see it, if he is, he will struggle.  I have seen Mrazek at the best of times with D and the worst without, even though the Leafs looks good defensively last year it was for a short season vs most teams who wouldn't be making the payoffs.  We are taking steps back, thanks to Dubas moronic signings of 3 players over 10 million and another just under 7.  Can't build a team like that.

It will be a long season.

Credit to a buddy of mine for the idea (and nothing against Lehner)...

How great would that be if Flower ends up in Colorado, knocks Vegas out of the playoffs and wins The Cup? Granted - his salary is likely prohibitive after the Landeskog signing (and I'm no Avalanche fan) but it seems like there should be some justice for a classless move by Vegas against a fairly universally thought to be classy Flower.

Edited by chile57