2021 NHL Trades/Free Agency

seagoal

Is Carolina really better with a Freddie/Raanta combo than an Optimus Reim/Mrazek/Ned triumvirate? Still trying to figure that one out.

Where is Bishop going? Have to imagine he's going somewhere after being left exposed and the Holtby signing?

Edited by chile57

Fleury is more than a player hes a huge character in a dressing room, i put part of the pens crap few yrs down to him going. Vegas won't be as good, no offence to lenher but he wont cope with a 60game season. 

And to find out over twatter well thats just a horrible thing to do. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, cuprajake said:

Fleury is more than a player hes a huge character in a dressing room, i put part of the pens crap few yrs down to him going. Vegas won't be as good, no offence to lenher but he wont cope with a 60game season. 

And to find out over twatter well thats just a horrible thing to do. 

I think what you're trying to say is "f*ck Vegas".

Funny how quickly they went from the team you want to root for to the team you want to root against.

Really kind of pulled the same thing on Gallant too.

10 minutes ago, chile57 said:

I think what you're trying to say is "f*ck Vegas".

Funny how quickly they went from the team you want to root for to the team you want to root against.

Really kind of pulled the same thing on Gallant too.

I don’t have much respect for McPhee in this situation.

3 hours ago, chile57 said:

Credit to a buddy of mine for the idea (and nothing against Lehner)...

How great would that be if Flower ends up in Colorado, knocks Vegas out of the playoffs and wins The Cup? Granted - his salary is likely prohibitive after the Landeskog signing (and I'm no Avalanche fan) but it seems like their should be some justice for a classless move by Vegas against a fairly universally thought to be classy Flower.

Avs have $12m in cap space as of right now, including Erik Johnson's contract.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/avalanche

IIRC we are going into the last year of Fleury's current contract.  Personally I would love to see this happen, but I don't see Chicago trading Fleury after the mountain of assets they gave up to bring him in (lol)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

As a Leaf fan no Fn thanks.  Campbell isn't playing 40 plus or 50 plus, I can't see it, if he is, he will struggle.  I have seen Mrazek at the best of times with D and the worst without, even though the Leafs looks good defensively last year it was for a short season vs most teams who wouldn't be making the payoffs.  We are taking steps back, thanks to Dubas moronic signings of 3 players over 10 million and another just under 7.  Can't build a team like that.

It will be a long season.

I wonder how much the goalie coaches and staff working with the goalies got a say in any of these moves. I heard that Vancouver signing Halak was a targeted move initiated by the goalie coaches.

As a leafs fan as well (but also a fan of most goalies since cheering for Toronto can be painful at times), I loved the win streak with Campbell during the season and he played very well in the playoffs, but I'm hesitant to give him the reigns. A split with Mrazek also gives me some hesitancy, with injury history and all that. Leafs are not going on any deep runs unless we can snag players (the likes of campbell and spezza last season) that play way above their pay to make up for the 4 up front making too much money. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Avs have $12m in cap space as of right now, including Erik Johnson's contract.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/avalanche

IIRC we are going into the last year of Fleury's current contract.  Personally I would love to see this happen, but I don't see Chicago trading Fleury after the mountain of assets they gave up to bring him in (lol)

Kuemper to the Avs when will this stop I’m getting dizzy 

2 hours ago, dretti33 said:

I wonder how much the goalie coaches and staff working with the goalies got a say in any of these moves. I heard that Vancouver signing Halak was a targeted move initiated by the goalie coaches.

As a leafs fan as well (but also a fan of most goalies since cheering for Toronto can be painful at times), I loved the win streak with Campbell during the season and he played very well in the playoffs, but I'm hesitant to give him the reigns. A split with Mrazek also gives me some hesitancy, with injury history and all that. Leafs are not going on any deep runs unless we can snag players (the likes of campbell and spezza last season) that play way above their pay to make up for the 4 up front making too much money. 

Yes, that's right. At least you get it unlike other people. I love what Campbell did as well, but I'm still very worried. Not only with the goaltending but the lineup. 

• Like 1

Alright here is my consolidated recap of the recent goalie carousel in the NHL, starting with Seattle, because, why not.  Goalies and their new home:

1.  Chris Driedger - Seattle

2. Vitek Vanecek - Seattle

3.  Joey Daccord - Seattle

4.  Marc-Andre Fleury -  Chicago

5.  Jaroslav Halak - Vancouver

6. Martin Jones - Philadelphia

7. Brian Elliot - Tampa Bay

8. Frederic Andersen - Carolina

9. James Reimer - San Jose

10. Jonathan Bernier - New Jersey

11. Petr Mrazek - Toronto

12. Braden Holtby - Dallas

13. Philipp Grubauer - Seattle

14. Vitek Vanecek - Washington

15. Antti Raanta - Carolina

16. Linus Ullmark - Boston

17. Daniel Vladar - Calgary Flames

18. Craig Anderson - Buffalo

19. Aaron Dell - Buffalo

20. Darcy Kuemper - Colorado

21. Laurent Brossoit - Vegas

22. Carter Hutton - Arizona

23. Alex Nedeljkovic - Detroit

24. David Rittich - Nashville

That's what I have seen so far.  If I am missing anyone, let me know.

Vanecek is the only goalie moved twice and interesting note.....there was a significant period of time today where Buffalo had 0 goalies under contract, 0.  I can't imagine that has happened many times in the past. 

Edited by seagoal
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, seagoal said:

Alright here is my consolidated recap of the recent goalie carousel in the NHL, starting with Seattle, because, why not.  Goalies and their new home:

I'm not gonna recognize the league next year! That's a lot of movement! Thanks for the recap list Seagoal!

• Like 1