2021 NHL Trades/Free Agency

seagoal

Just now, dretti33 said:

I'm not gonna recognize the league next year! That's a lot of movement! Thanks for the recap list Seagoal!

My pleasure, I enjoyed doing it.

32 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It really felt like Buffalo forgot they had no goalies signed and panicked.

I wonder if someone, like an assistant, had to sheepishly walk into the room when the GM was all done saying "there that wasn't so bad" and the assistant was like:  "umm.....sir.....we.....uhh....have no goalies, like, we have zero goalies under contract."

"Goalies?  what are those again?"

"you know, sir, the weird guys with the weird expensive gear who stand around in the blue crease."

"ah, yes, Goalies! let's get some.  who's available?"

"uhh, Craig Anderson and Aaron Dell."

"wonderful! here's $2M.  good luck young man."

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

I wonder if someone, like an assistant, had to sheepishly walk into the room when the GM was all done saying "there that wasn't so bad" and the assistant was like:  "umm.....sir.....we.....uhh....have no goalies, like, we have zero goalies under contract."

"Goalies?  what are those again?"

"you know, sir, the weird guys with the weird expensive gear who stand around in the blue crease."

"ah, yes, Goalies! let's get some.  who's available?"

"uhh, Craig Anderson and Aaron Dell."

"wonderful! here's $2M.  good luck young man."

Kevyn Adams forgetting to have a goalie on their roster is 100% accurate. Did they even try to resign Ullmark, the goalie they had protected? He was a solid goalie too. You'd think they would rather keep the one younger goalie on the team, unless Ullmark was just so scarred from this past season.

6 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

What is the story on Big Ben Bishop? I know he has become quite rickety and had health problems that kept him out last season. He’s not that old. 

You answered your question.  He's still in Dallas and still in rehab.

23 minutes ago, dretti33 said:

Kevyn Adams forgetting to have a goalie on their roster is 100% accurate. Did they even try to resign Ullmark, the goalie they had protected? He was a solid goalie too. You'd think they would rather keep the one younger goalie on the team, unless Ullmark was just so scarred from this past season.

To be fair, Ullmark probably wanted to get out of there to get into a better situation for himself. 

4 hours ago, seagoal said:

You answered your question.  He's still in Dallas and still in rehab.

I suppose I asked only because he was exposed. Didn’t know how long he was under contract.

Dreiger (or however it’s spelled) is a pick that makes more sense the more I think about it for Seattle. No overloaded salary with super-long terms, no injury-prone or ancient picks. I knew it was highly unlikely that Price or Big Ben would’ve been picked by Seattle because of the individual factors on each. I think Brian Elliott going to Tampax Bay was the biggest surprise for me. I am a huge Moose fan and felt the way he was treated by Blues management was not wonderful, though I also know that he is essentially a very solid back up and would NOT have been the key to the Blues winning a Cup.

I’m a bit late to the party but I’m not sure what Dallas is thinking. Picked up Holtby but already have Oettinger, Khudobin, and questionable Bishop. Maybe Holtby is expected to help get Otter’s feet truly on the ground and fill the roll bishop was supposed to for this season. (It’s also been awhile since a ccm goalie was on the stars the last one to my memory was bishop or lehtonen my mind would be blown if otter and bishop can get Holtby in bauer)

Edited by ThatCarGuy

8 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I’m a bit late to the party but I’m not sure what Dallas is thinking. Picked up Holtby but already have Oettinger, Khudobin, and questionable Bishop. Maybe Holtby is expected to help get Otter’s feet truly on the ground and fill the roll bishop was supposed to for this season. (It’s also been awhile since a ccm goalie was on the stars the last one to my memory was bishop or lehtonen my mind would be blown if otter and bishop can get Holtby in bauer)

I think they are planning on sending Oettinger down to develop, and bring in Holtby to hopefully get his game back, and help out while Bishop is still out. Otherwise I have no clue what their plan is. 

5 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I guess picking up Holtby was what confused me in the whole deal. That was what led me to believe Bishop was done.

31 minutes ago, dretti33 said:

There's always something going on with Kane. Hopefully for the integrity of the sport it proves to be untrue, but jeez this is rough

I hate Kane. Worked with someone related to him years ago and man he's a POS from the stories I was told. But this one smells like BS. I'd say his ex is a train wreck