WillyGrips13's GoPro Adventure

WillyGrips13

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, to be fair we had some strong players and we had plenty of breakaways which were converted. It just seemed like the defense for both sides was unusually subpar. The hockey this group plays usually resembles real hockey as opposed to shinny hockey. The two snipers white had are definitely hard to stop, but I guess it makes it more gratifying when you can stop them. 

This group moves to the indoor rink across town now on the same night. However I play with another group as a skater that now will play on Friday nights. It was on Saturdays but due to scheduling, the times are better for Fridays. I’ll still play goal on my league team and skate out on two other league teams. Pick up as a goalie will be on an as needed basis. Not sure if I’ll still bring out the GoPro. I used it last summer while I was training for soccer to see my kicking form. I play goalkeeper in soccer, too. I’m trying to improve my distance kicking. 

12 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

... I play goalkeeper in soccer, too...

Oh man – IMO if you looked up the word “futility” in the dictionary you’d see a picture of a soccer goalie. I don’t know which is worse – trying to defend that gargantuan net or the way the guys celebrate after they score. There’s the old saying about being so poor a shot you couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn:  so why are these guys celebrating sooooo hard when all they really did was hit the broad side of a barn?!?!?!

On 2018-03-12 at 10:01 AM, Ghostender said:

Oh man – IMO if you looked up the word “futility” in the dictionary you’d see a picture of a soccer goalie. I don’t know which is worse – trying to defend that gargantuan net or the way the guys celebrate after they score. There’s the old saying about being so poor a shot you couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn:  so why are these guys celebrating sooooo hard when all they really did was hit the broad side of a barn?!?!?!

I have always debated whether being a soccer goalie or a lacrosse goalie, which would be worse. 

I’ve never played lacrosse, but even so I’d say lacrosse goalies have it bad. Pain and a high rate of failure. Apparently, in outdoor lacrosse padding is discouraged by teammates because it’s not manly. How’s that for stupid? The guys NOT standing in front of a hard rubber ball are deciding you’re not tough if you wear protective padding. The male of the species and his machismo is incredibly stupid. At least in soccer the ball isn't as hard as in lacrosse. Also in soccer if you’re on a good team, you’ll only be called into action as the goalkeeper occasionally. Throwing your body in the air and to the ground to make a save isn’t great when you get older, though. Now team handball goalies have the toughest go. Their success rate is among the lowest for all goalies. 

45 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

.... Throwing your body in the air and to the ground to make a save isn’t great when you get older, though...

Yeah - that's another issue - one of those dives and the'd need a 5-1/2 foot long Teflon scraper to peel me off the pitch

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I’m putting together a “Best of” video form all my GoPro film. I would like to put music to it similar to how @LordOfTheCrease did for his game films.

However, I’m having issues getting some of the music files to import. I’m using GoPro studio and iTunes. I’ve noticed if the file is Apple MPEG-4 Audio, I can import it, no problem. Files titled Protected MPEG-4 Audio are grayed out and cannot be imported. It seems these are the newer files in the library.

Of course this is on top of the issues I’ve been having with iTunes recently where files go missing, are unable to be played, or are suddenly a different version of the song. Not sure when all this happened, but I have three devices and it seems that the music available with each is different. I subscribe to Apple Music. I’m sure I need a trip to the Apple Genius Bar to sort this all out.

Any help would be nice. If all else fails, I’ll just choose some of my older music. I am relatively technologically handicapped. If it matters, I have a MacBook Pro (2009), iPad (not a new model) and an iPhone 7.

I'm not much help as I use Final Cut Pro X for my editing (though really want to learn Adobe Premier since it comes with my CC subscription). That said, I was thinking of doing similar. Unfortunately I don't have any of my source material anymore. I know I can download from YouTube but im not sure if that gets you the original file or if its been re-encoded. Anyone know?

7 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I'm not much help as I use Final Cut Pro X for my editing (though really want to learn Adobe Premier since it comes with my CC subscription). That said, I was thinking of doing similar. Unfortunately I don't have any of my source material anymore. I know I can download from YouTube but im not sure if that gets you the original file or if its been re-encoded. Anyone know?

its re encoded as far as i know, and premier is pretty easy to get the hang of, you could probably learn the basics in about 2weeks

2 hours ago, Znowleopard said:

its re encoded as far as i know, and premier is pretty easy to get the hang of, you could probably learn the basics in about 2weeks

Probably true. Can’t be that different. Just a matter of finding where stuff is. 

Sucks that it’s re-encoded but I guess better than nothing.

16 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Hey guys, I’m putting together a “Best of” video form all my GoPro film. I would like to put music to it similar to how @LordOfTheCrease did for his game films.

However, I’m having issues getting some of the music files to import. I’m using GoPro studio and iTunes. I’ve noticed if the file is Apple MPEG-4 Audio, I can import it, no problem. Files titled Protected MPEG-4 Audio are grayed out and cannot be imported. It seems these are the newer files in the library.

Of course this is on top of the issues I’ve been having with iTunes recently where files go missing, are unable to be played, or are suddenly a different version of the song. Not sure when all this happened, but I have three devices and it seems that the music available with each is different. I subscribe to Apple Music. I’m sure I need a trip to the Apple Genius Bar to sort this all out.

Any help would be nice. If all else fails, I’ll just choose some of my older music. I am relatively technologically handicapped. If it matters, I have a MacBook Pro (2009), iPad (not a new model) and an iPhone 7.

Bump. 

Anyone able to help me with this issue above?

Here is the "Best Of" video I made. No pesky goals or boring saves here. All flash and flair. I used some standard rock as the soundtrack. I listen to all sorts of stuff, but these two tracks seemed to fit best. I also was having an issue with what songs in my library were able to be imported.

I am not using my GoPro at skates now. I feel it's distracting. I prefer to just play without thinking about the camera. This might be it for a while.

13 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Here is the "Best Of" video I made. No pesky goals or boring saves here. All flash and flair. I used some standard rock as the soundtrack. I listen to all sorts of stuff, but these two tracks seemed to fit best. I also was having an issue with what songs in my library were able to be imported.

I am not using my GoPro at skates now. I feel it's distracting. I prefer to just play without thinking about the camera. This might be it for a while.

big fan, nice saves and nice music

Archived