Vaughn SLR 3

seagoal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Catalog is up at Vaughn - https://vaughnhockey.com/catalog/
And re-uploaded to this website - https://www.thegoalnet.com/files/file/24-2022-vaughn-hockey-catalog/

I'm working on finalizing a custom pant order. Vaughn rep dropped off a SLR3 Pro Carbon pant at the store. Liked it a lot except for the oversized flaps on the upper thigh.

I've been wearing some incarnation of the Reebok/CCM Premier pant for the last 12 or so years (a CCM pro stock 11k from the Texas Stars for the last 5), so I'm excited to change it up.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finalized a custom order for SLR3 Pro Carbon pants the other day.

Black pants with red stripe.
Large waist with medium length.
Leather tabs for suspender buttons instead of having the buttons on nylon loops.
Having them trim the bottom hip/thigh flap because it felt kind of absurdly long when I tried the pants on.

Originally wanted Velocity-style flaps but they wouldn't/couldn't/didn't want to do it.

Lookit dem flaps.

272202452_4795876033822949_6348377268927494832_n.thumb.jpg.a3bc4136cf8aa2fb5bbc173039cae2c5.jpg

Maybe a ten week wait.

Looking forward to trying something new!

Edited by ZeroGravitas

6 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Finalized a custom order for SLR3 Pro Carbon pants the other day.

Black pants with red stripe.
Large waist with medium length.
Leather tabs for suspender buttons instead of having the buttons on nylon loops.
Having them trim the bottom hip/thigh flap because it felt kind of absurdly long when I tried the pants on.

Originally wanted Velocity-style flaps but they wouldn't/couldn't/didn't want to do it.

Lookit dem flaps.

272202452_4795876033822949_6348377268927494832_n.thumb.jpg.a3bc4136cf8aa2fb5bbc173039cae2c5.jpg

Maybe a ten week wait.

Looking forward to trying something new!

Can't actually understand them doubling the flaps over the thigh padding? What is the use except making them look protruding. If those won't fight against pads thigh rises then nothing will.

IMO Warrior made that spot perfectly in the X2 Pro pants. There the flap does what it is supposed to do and that's it.

But anyway it's nice to see new things introduced, even if they don't last any longer than one generation.

19 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

Can't actually understand them doubling the flaps over the thigh padding? What is the use except making them look protruding. If those won't fight against pads thigh rises then nothing will.

IMO Warrior made that spot perfectly in the X2 Pro pants. There the flap does what it is supposed to do and that's it.

But anyway it's nice to see new things introduced, even if they don't last any longer than one generation.

I can understand doubling up for protection purposes while trying to main flexibility, but the size of the flaps didn't make sense to me. I tried the pants on, got in a crouch, tried them while on my knees and they just felt too awkward.

Velocity 9 Pro Carbons I tried seemed a little too flimsy in that area, so I asked if they would do a doubled-up Velocity-style pad there, but they couldn't/wouldn't.

goal-pant-vaughn-velocity-v9-pro-carbon-sr-detail-0902.thumb.jpg.18d235edd4a284475dacdb9a6382208f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I also just placed my custom SLR3 pant order I've been wearing pretty much every version of RBK/CCM pant since 2006.

My specs are as follows:

Size Large

Pro logos and ghosted I like the clean look.

Leather tabs for suspender buttons instead of having the buttons on nylon loops got that idea from @ZeroGravitas

Also had a carbon insert put on the inside of the thigh for extra protection. Trying to replicate my Pro stock CCM pant.

I am also excited to try something new.  I fell in love with them when my rep brought the sample by!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thebigm said:

I also just placed my custom SLR3 pant order I've been wearing pretty much every version of RBK/CCM pant since 2006.

I am also excited to try something new.  I fell in love with them when my rep brought the sample by!

My god, we twinsies!
I'm a little jelly that you're getting the logos ghosted. They're giving me "College Logos" instead.

29 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

New chesty just came in, just to realize it doesn’t fit… I’ll definitely find some use for it but should be more careful next time. Didn’t know size was so drastic between SLR line and Velocity 🙃

Too small I assume?

I'm a Medium in everything, except the SLR 3, where I'm a large. These units seem to run smaller.

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Too small I assume?

I'm a Medium in everything, except the SLR 3, where I'm a large. These units seem to run smaller.

Haha no. Too big. XS with S arms. Probably should’ve gone XS on the arms but doesn’t matter anyways. I have a black XS V9 back at home and probably will find a seamstress or something to frankenchesty it. 

• Like 1