Warrior G6

coopaloop1234

7 minutes ago, BonesDT said:

Isn't "580" = 90-degrees and "590" = 60-degress.  So in between would be 75-degrees as well (which would be a "600")?  Am I missing something?

On a side note, why do we still refer to break angles using archaic CCM model numbers?  Or do the model numbers imply more information than just the degree of break?

Especially since a 600, a Supreme, or the 75° warrior feel different, despite the break being at the same "angle"

I'm just not a CCM gear fan and their gloves especially do not bode well with me.  So I hate how all gloves are still compared to them for decades (not to mention their naming convention is ridiculously confusing from the start).  I wish we could move on.  Maybe one day someone will make a comment "the new CCM 600 glove feels a little G6'ish".

18 minutes ago, BonesDT said:

Isn't "580" = 90-degrees and "590" = 60-degress.  So in between would be 75-degrees as well (which would be a "600")?  Am I missing something?

On a side note, why do we still refer to break angles using archaic CCM model numbers?  Or do the model numbers imply more information than just the degree of break?

You're not wrong, but what you really need to focus on is how the hand closure/placement changes with breaks instead. 

The 90/60 break closure has a more upright thumb placement with a large focus on the fingers pushing the closing instead of the 75 where it's an almost full hand closure method. 

Warrior's 90 variant is in between that thumb upright, pull into the base of your thumb feel that the 580 gloves are known for, and the standard 60 closure where it's a similar motion, but nowhere near as pronounced. 

What is ultimately feels like they're going for is to get that upright pocket seen on 580 gloves, but with a more popular break angle in the 60 break gloves. The pocket is offset a bit, so it's this weird hybrid.  

8 minutes ago, maxtm30 said:

Especially since a 600, a Supreme, or the 75° warrior feel different, despite the break being at the same "angle"

Toss in Vaughn and you have even more inconsistencies. I think the conversation piece of 60/75/90 helps people get a baseline idea to how a glove may feel and steer them accordingly. 

I love my 75 break Warriors and like the feel of the Supreme line too, Vaughn is a middle ground I could work with, and CCM/True is just awful. 

That's a good description, thank you.

All I know is, I have a baseball background, and many said the 590 is most baseball'ish (though that description is wildly inconsistent too), so I tried it for a year and could never get a puck to stay in the pocket and I thought I was just getting old and sucky.  Same with Supreme.  Then I tried the G2 and it's a vacuum and I feel like a shortstop again.

I don't fully understand the different anatomies of the gloves (due to my lack of experience with them), but all I know is I'm not leaving Warrior catchers for a while.

One of my favorite things about the G-series gloves, which I feel like nobody talks about, is the segmented |_| pocket closure.  Not only is it a perfect fit to catch a puck in the palm, but it's also ideal protection for the palm IMO.  I absolutely despise and do not understand those "pancake" catchers that have a pointy V hinge.

I experimented with Warrior's "60-degree" and "90-degree" swappable velcro liners and I think they are very deceiving.  The difference is they stitch the placement of the 4 fingers slightly to the left or slightly to the right.  It's like literally a couple millimeters difference in where they lay the finger separation stitches and that's what they call "60-degree" and "90-degree".  It's probably nowhere near similar to other brands' 60-degrees and 90-degrees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonesDT said:

All I know is, I have a baseball background, and many said the 590 is most baseball'ish (though that description is wildly inconsistent too), so I tried it for a year and could never get a puck to stay in the pocket and I thought I was just getting old and sucky.  Same with Supreme.  Then I tried the G2 and it's a vacuum and I feel like a shortstop again.

I think the general consensus is that the 75 break gloves are the "baseball" break. Though you're right about that comparison being inconsistent as there's that "well, no, 60 breaks are baseball" opinion going around. 

Those people are wrong. ;) 

One of my favorite things about the G-series gloves, which I feel like nobody talks about, is the segmented |_| pocket closure.  Not only is it a perfect fit to catch a puck in the palm, but it's also ideal protection for the palm IMO.  I absolutely despise and do not understand those "pancake" catchers that have a pointy V hinge.

100%. It's very hard to go back to other gloves for me. I tried messing around with a 590 CCM for a bit and my god do they make awful gloves. I know everyone has different preferences, but I will never understand the love for Lefebvre gloves. 

experimented with Warrior's "60-degree" and "90-degree" swappable velcro liners and I think they are very deceiving.  The difference is they stitch the placement of the 4 fingers slightly to the left or slightly to the right.  It's like literally a couple millimeters difference in where they lay the finger separation stitches and that's what they call "60-degree" and "90-degree".  It's probably nowhere near similar to other brands' 60-degrees and 90-degrees.

I've tried these as well, and you're spot on about them not being true replacements, but that should be a given. They do mimic the hand placement of a 60/90 glove, but you're still jamming them into a 75 break. 

22 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I think the general consensus is that the 75 break gloves are the "baseball" break. Though you're right about that comparison being inconsistent as there's that "well, no, 60 breaks are baseball" opinion going around. 

Those people are wrong. ;) 

100%. It's very hard to go back to other gloves for me. I tried messing around with a 590 CCM for a bit and my god do they make awful gloves. I know everyone has different preferences, but I will never understand the love for Lefebvre gloves. 

I've tried these as well, and you're spot on about them not being true replacements, but that should be a given. They do mimic the hand placement of a 60/90 glove, but you're still jamming them into a 75 break. 

I get you. Lefebvre gloves are notoriously hard to close. Hopefully the nee True gloves are better. Anyway, I love my Warrior blocker, and I'm torn between getting a nee Warrior trapper or a Bauer trapper when my current Reactor 3 gives out. 

57 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Same here. That will be an instant purchase for me to try on my G5s.

I asked Warrior about it back in January, they said it would be offered for sale separately. I replied to the email thread again today and am awaiting a response. I've also contacted The Hockey Shop to see if they can get it in for me. 

Just now, insertnamehere said:

I asked Warrior about it back in January, they said it would be offered for sale separately. I replied to the email thread again today and am awaiting a response. I've also contacted The Hockey Shop to see if they can get it in for me. 

Nice. If you get a lead and wouldn't mind sharing, I'd appreciate it!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

Absolutely will do, I'm sure anyone using Warriors that likes the 3M tape on the wings will want to get them. 

The only negative is the plasticcy clacking when you walk. But if you like the slide then you'll love the plastic slideplates. Consistent slide for the whole time on ice. Only the just frozen clean ice is a bit sticky.

On 3/28/2022 at 9:55 AM, BonesDT said:

I don't fully understand the different anatomies of the gloves (due to my lack of experience with them), but all I know is I'm not leaving Warrior catchers for a while.

I experimented with Warrior's "60-degree" and "90-degree" swappable velcro liners and I think they are very deceiving.  The difference is they stitch the placement of the 4 fingers slightly to the left or slightly to the right.  It's like literally a couple millimeters difference in where they lay the finger separation stitches and that's what they call "60-degree" and "90-degree".  It's probably nowhere near similar to other brands' 60-degrees and 90-degrees.

It is funny, and goes to show just how personalized glove preference is, because I hated that they changed the V style closure of the G3 to the |_| style of the GT2. It could be because I have small hands, but that flat spot really prevented my fingers from being able to get a good grip to close the glove, and I was constantly shifting my hand position inside the glove to try to make it line up with where my palm naturally folds.

18 minutes ago, Teezle said:

It is funny, and goes to show just how personalized glove preference is, because I hated that they changed the V style closure of the G3 to the |_| style of the GT2. It could be because I have small hands, but that flat spot really prevented my fingers from being able to get a good grip to close the glove, and I was constantly shifting my hand position inside the glove to try to make it line up with where my palm naturally folds.

What glove do you have now? It would be helpful to compare.

Is the G6 more of a V or a |_| style?