Warrior G6

coopaloop1234

Just now, RichMan said:

But they did an InGoal Youtube G6 video saying they got some, couple weeks ago??

Probably only either the set for them to show it off or maybe a couple of retail sets at best. They're trying their best and manufacturing logistics are super difficult right now.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:00 PM, Chenner29 said:

I'll take "Being relevant in the NHL for $500" please

I'm just happy they make their equipment for real people like us. I couldn't care less about what guys are paid to wear in the NHL.  Warrior gets plenty of feedback and testing from European goalies and instead of paying ridiculous fees to the NHL they put that money into innovation and product development. I prefer that.

50 minutes ago, netminder said:

If their gear isnt being played in by the best goalies on the planet, then what exactly quantifies as innovation and development?

I’m a huge fan of Warrior goalie gear.  Pro goalies require completelyee different gear than amateur goalies. NHL goalies have perfectly flexible hips for the widest butterflies, face 100mph shots, slide on perfectly manicured ice, require extreme durability, the NHL has strict rules limiting the adjustability of the equipment, and NHL goalies have the luxury to literally tell manufacturers exactly what they want. 

Not only do amateur goalies don’t have these needs , but you don’t want them. 

most of us can’t make perfectly horizontal butterflies. Therefore, a rock hard straight leg pad would hurt our game rather than improve. 

we face slower shots. Trust me that if NHL’ers faced slower shots you better believe they would wear lighter more flexible pads. 

We don’t get Zambonis between periods. So we need extra technology to help us keep sliding well on crappy ice. 

you would hate pro gear such as Chesties. The rules force them to see everything shut. No velcro. No adjustability. The pros know exactly what they want and they have dedicated tailors to sew it perfectly for them. Fortunately we’re allowed to have full adjustability so we can tweak as we please. 

Warrior caters to all of this, which is nothing the pros need. And you save by not having to pay for Warrior to make tons of test gear for pros for free. Basically, your paying Bauer and CCM and Vaughn  more for less because someone has to pay for the pros free gear. 

Also, when a pro is wearing “Bauer” etc. it is likely not even remotely close to what you would buy in the stores. A pro could like certain CCM features but since they are contracted with Bauer, they either rebadge a CCM pad with “Bauer” labels or ask Bauer to make one off CCM mods which would otherwise be patent infringement if they tried to mass produce. Their masks are infamous for this. Almost all “CCM” masks are made by boutique custom mask makers and they stick a “CCM” sticker on it.

So don’t be fooled buying name brand gear in stores thinking your wearing the same thing as ur favorite pro and it’s going to give you the same performance benefits. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, netminder said:

If their gear isnt being played in by the best goalies on the planet, then what exactly quantifies as innovation and development?

If you want to create a very good car for daily use, would you ask wishes from a F1 driver or a taxi driver?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, netminder said:

As someone who sells the “same as what the pros use” products, none of it even comes close to the specs and adjustments those guys have had made to their equipment to take the beating it does. Anyone who’s owned nhl pro stock goalie pants can attest to how much heavier and beefier they are than even the best retail pant. 

25 minutes ago, netminder said:

Actually when you buy custom Pro it is what the Pro's wear. I think its you who shouldnt be fooled by what you see on TV. Vasi wears off the shelf for example. Other then the special "re-skins" and the odd mod in their chesty, what is Pro is exactly that, right down to the materials its made from. Unless its some space-age alien material, every Gear DNA is a proven perfomer at the highest level offered to the average consumer by the big makers. You should try buying some Pro returns on Sideline Swap sometime, its the same as custom Pro menu's you choose your options in. I think you defending Warrior as anything more then an elite beer league gear is not just a matter of opinion. Until you can "Quantify" ANY elite goalie in the Chell or even any World Championships beyond womans playing in it, then they will alwasy be in the other gear makers rear view mirror.

Vasilevskiy uses a boot angle on his pads us retail peasants can’t order. Bauer has a two different kinds of pro stock pants and every single one of them is custom padded to the users liking. Vasy’s helmet is a NME One with 960XPM padding. Vanecek uses 2s pro gloves. Reimer uses a 580 and 2x pro leg pads that have a completely custom core. Brossoit has completely custom pads from the inside out. Not everything is as it seems. Right now the only proper NHL pro stock pads any of us can order without high level connections is CCM and True. 

6 hours ago, netminder said:

Actually when you buy custom Pro it is what the Pro's wear. I think its you who shouldnt be fooled by what you see on TV. Vasi wears off the shelf for example. Other then the special "re-skins" and the odd mod in their chesty, what is Pro is exactly that, right down to the materials its made from. Unless its some space-age alien material, every Gear DNA is a proven perfomer at the highest level offered to the average consumer by the big makers. You should try buying some Pro returns on Sideline Swap sometime, its the same as custom Pro menu's you choose your options in. I think you defending Warrior as anything more then an elite beer league gear is not just a matter of opinion. Until you can "Quantify" ANY elite goalie in the Chell or even any World Championships beyond womans playing in it, then they will alwasy be in the other gear makers rear view mirror.

Really depends on the brand and item... CCM pro stock offerings for pants and chests are much more beefed up and generally are designed differently compared to their retail counterparts. Same with Vaughn's NHL chests and pants vs retail. I recently ordered and received custom SLR3 Pro Carbon pants from Vaughn and it is clearly less beefy than my CCM pro stock HPG11K pants and another Vaughn NHL pro stock pant I've seen. CCM retail custom legs, gloves and blockers should be closely aligned to what's being used in the NHL, though.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, netminder said:

You wouldnt drive a Corvette in the F1, you drive and F1 car its proven to perform for. You wouldnt wear Warrior gear in the Chell, you where Bauer or CCM because its proven to perform for you there. You wouldnt drive a Toyota Prius to police the city, you wouldnt taxi in an F150, etc etc. Silly apple and oranges comparison. 

image.png.04a00832dce0530e0babaf1326986a45.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, netminder said:

But they are? I mean how top are you talking about?

How many goalies are there in the world? And how many are in the top 1%? 10 thousand? I'm sure some of them are wearing Warrior.

17 hours ago, netminder said:

You wouldnt drive a Corvette in the F1, you drive and F1 car its proven to perform for. You wouldnt wear Warrior gear in the Chell, you where Bauer or CCM because its proven to perform for you there. You wouldnt drive a Toyota Prius to police the city, you wouldnt taxi in an F150, etc etc. Silly apple and oranges comparison. 

1398478939000-jonas-gustavsson-4-25.jpg

• Like 2

So what some of you nay sayers don't acknowledge is that many many pro goalies in Europe test and WEAR Warrior goalie gear.  Shots in the KHL are just as hard as those in the NHL, many Euro goalies are just as skilled as the ones in the NHL (guess where most of your Euro goalies in the NHL played before they came to the US?). Calling Warrior a beer league pad is just ignorant. All brands make beer league gear as well as pro. The only reason those goalies don't continue to wear Warrior is that Warrior refuses to pay the huge fee to the NHL.  They would rather plow that money into R and D.  If you're honest, many of the real innovations that have come to goalie gear in the last decade have come from Warrior, then the other brands steal it and call it something else.............😀

Edited by CamWardFan
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, netminder said:

Its a small sample, like microscopic. Maybe why they came and went, its not made for regular Pro use on the daily.  Either way, I do really like the new G6. I have seen it all in person and appreciate its different perfomance enhancements.

See what @CamWardFan said: Warrior pads aren't used in the NHL because they don't want to pay the licensing fee, not because the gear is lower quality or "not good enough" for the NHL pros.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, netminder said:

I did, but i also said you cant quantify that fact its good enough for NHL tenders on the daily since it has not been used league wide for several decades in a row like every other brand has.

If it's good enough for the pro goalies in the Euro leagues, it's good enough for the goalies in the NHL. Just because the skill level in the Euro leagues is lower than in the NHL doesn't mean the goalie equipment faces less abuse.

Edited by CJ Boiss
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

If it's good enough for the pro goalies in the Euro leagues, it's good enough for the goalies in the NHL. Just because the skill level in the Euro leagues is lower than in the NHL doesn't mean the goalie equipment faces less abuse.

In euro leagues you wont get a new set whenever you want.  It depends on team and level you're playing but I think most common is two pair of pads and 2-4 sets of gloves, sometimes more and sometimes just one pair pads and two glove sets. And I bet that there is in Europe fewer games but more ice practices than in NHL during the season.  

• Like 4

Large bit that hasn't been discussed is that Warrior has only really been prevalent in the last few years. That traction has yet to have carried up from youth goalies wearing it - many goalies will stick to what's familiar especially is they have success and comfort with what they're used to - CCM, Bauer, Vaughn.