Warrior G6

coopaloop1234

24 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

100% pulling this out of my ass, but it wouldn't surprise me if Warrior is simply sitting on these slide plates until they can get G6 on the shelves. There's probably a ton of people who might not upgrade to G6 if they can throw a slide plate on their G4/G5/GT/GT2.

Could be. I'm certainly sticking with my G5s.

For anyone impatiently waiting, I strongly recommend picking up some of the 3M ViViD tape/film for your existing knee blocks. Very cheap, pretty easy to apply, long lasting, and very slide-y. 

23 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Could be. I'm certainly sticking with my G5s.

For anyone impatiently waiting, I strongly recommend picking up some of the 3M ViViD tape/film for your existing knee blocks. Very cheap, pretty easy to apply, long lasting, and very slide-y. 

Got a picture of how it looks on the G5s?

15 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

How did you find the film adhering to the stitching on the inside of your knee block?

Solid. It comes down to the installation - if you follow the instructions for the 3M tape and use a water-alcohol solution and then squeegee it out, it bonds very well to the jenpro material after everything dries.

On 7/16/2022 at 11:41 AM, CamWardFan said:

That slide is so incredible, i just can't wait.  I'm 70 years old with both hips replaced and those things will be a miracle prayer answered for me !!!

70!?!   that is awesome and inspiring.  I am 55 and hoping to keep going til I am 60.  I've been playing for 25+ years and feel like my game is improving.  you just reset my target!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, maltov42 said:

70!?!   that is awesome and inspiring.  I am 55 and hoping to keep going til I am 60.  I've been playing for 25+ years and feel like my game is improving.  you just reset my target!

At 53, I'm aiming for 60 then, other than maybe still coaching, I'll be moving on to other things I enjoy like trail running and road cycling and hoops and martial arts and dancing and hitting the gym. Clearly I'm not short on choices. My GT2 set should keep me satisfied til then.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Matt at Hockey Review apparently was going to order a 6.0 glove with a stitched in liner but there was a time production issue and he eventually opted for the standard removable one, so...FYI, it's a possible/available option if you ask or insist or whatever. The reverse if also possible for the 6.1 glove.

4 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Last update I got from Dudo said around November 

Ugh.  WTF?  I've literally needed new pads since last November (probably even longer) but I strung it out thinking I'd get the new line (G6) by April.  By time they get the G6's on the shelves, I'll be thinking about waiting for their 2023 line, smh.

Warrior is slowly losing me.  I've been wearing the original X pants from 2016 and I just ordered the X3 pants.  Not only did they inexplicitly jack the price up recently of the X3 pants, but they literally look crappier quality than the X1 pants.  So I opted for the Bauer Elite pants instead, which, ironically, have better quality and are cheaper.  That's a first in the Warrior vs Bauer world.  

15 hours ago, BonesDT said:

Ugh.  WTF?  I've literally needed new pads since last November (probably even longer) but I strung it out thinking I'd get the new line (G6) by April.  By time they get the G6's on the shelves, I'll be thinking about waiting for their 2023 line, smh.

Warrior is slowly losing me.  I've been wearing the original X pants from 2016 and I just ordered the X3 pants.  Not only did they inexplicitly jack the price up recently of the X3 pants, but they literally look crappier quality than the X1 pants.  So I opted for the Bauer Elite pants instead, which, ironically, have better quality and are cheaper.  That's a first in the Warrior vs Bauer world.  

I know that Warrior is really struggling with supply chain stuff, at least per my local shop (and as seemingly evident, though maybe more nuanced).

Personally I think G6 is the first pad of many to come that slides too well. Sure it’ll be great on back door tips but any attempt to time a slide is going to be difficult or result in drastic oversliding. If you have to stop your slide with your skate you’re just opening up holes. Mach feels like a healthy balance in sliding to me. Plenty of slip when you need it but not too much to where you’re losing your positioning every time. 

On 8/26/2022 at 2:24 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

Personally I think G6 is the first pad of many to come that slides too well. Sure it’ll be great on back door tips but any attempt to time a slide is going to be difficult or result in drastic oversliding. If you have to stop your slide with your skate you’re just opening up holes. Mach feels like a healthy balance in sliding to me. Plenty of slip when you need it but not too much to where you’re losing your positioning every time. 

It just requires a new style to control the slides. I've noticed myself using the toe box and front point of the steel of my skate a lot more when I need to slow down the slide. That way I don't open the ice at all.

And I'm really just learning how to play goalie and will never be anything called good anymore being over 43 now.

Sad but true.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

It just requires a new style to control the slides. I've noticed myself using the toe box and front point of the steel of my skate a lot more when I need to slow down the slide. That way I don't open the ice at all.

And I'm really just learning how to play goalie and will never be anything called good anymore being over 43 now.

Sad but true.

Ncis Tap On The Back GIF - NCIS Tap On The Back Gone Wrong - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2022 at 2:23 PM, ArdeFIN said:

Noticed one more thing I do without noticing it is I control my slide a lot with the dragging / kicking leg. That does open the backhand ice but that also happens somewhat with my narrow BF so it's a kind of lose-lose situation.

I should start practising the weight movements while sliding to be able to change my movement to opposite direction. This is where too much speed is also bad, the momentum is heavy.

16 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

Noticed one more thing I do without noticing it is I control my slide a lot with the dragging / kicking leg. That does open the backhand ice but that also happens somewhat with my narrow BF so it's a kind of lose-lose situation.

I should start practising the weight movements while sliding to be able to change my movement to opposite direction. This is where too much speed is also bad, the momentum is heavy.

This would be a good video to work on cause even without the slide plates, for any brand pad, there is a time/situation to push hard and then one for a simple rotation and weight transfer, not to mention a simple pad shuffle. Leading with your stick and follow through with body control, glove/blocker activation...all important to help close up and take up space in your displacement.

If I wasn't injured I would make a short video about it.

On 9/5/2022 at 12:02 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

Warrior G6 seems to be finally rolling out:

https://www.goaliemonkey.com/new-items.html

https://goalie.purehockey.com/search.aspx?keyword=warrior g6

Limited stock, limited sizes and colors.

Just called The Goalie Crease in Ontario and The Hockey Shop in BC, still nothing up in Canada it mostly seems.