Warrior G6

coopaloop1234

Warrior seem to have fallen off a cliff

The g5 at retail level had some propper issuse in Europe atleast.

Theres hardly any presence on youtube in terms of review or media.

Dont know whats going on 

Ive ordered another set of g5 from the eu as i had no choice, but i really dont like the blocker. But if you want matching. No choice 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 10:14 PM, insertnamehere said:

The knee block material intrigues me, the other day I somehow got the paddle of my stick stuck under my knee and slid super well, even on ice that had been skated on for quite some time. I can see this being a game changer, but could also require good edgework to stop yourself. 

Been using the PE knee block plate for two years now and wouldn't go back to Jenpro/Speedskin/etc. Only the Vinyl wrap from Varusteverstas/Kova is comparable. Superior slide from new ice to rough snowy surface and easy to control the slide amount with edgework. Actually I've been using the toebox or shoe edge to control the speed, that happens naturally so that I don't even think about it while playing.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:57 AM, ArdeFIN said:

Been using the PE knee block plate for two years now and wouldn't go back to Jenpro/Speedskin/etc. Only the Vinyl wrap from Varusteverstas/Kova is comparable. Superior slide from new ice to rough snowy surface and easy to control the slide amount with edgework. Actually I've been using the toebox or shoe edge to control the speed, that happens naturally so that I don't even think about it while playing.

For the last couple of weeks I've been using polyurethane clear bra on my knee wings and it plays like you describe. It's fantastic. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 7:09 PM, insertnamehere said:

For the last couple of weeks I've been using polyurethane clear bra on my knee wings and it plays like you describe. It's fantastic. 

I was today years old when I learned this is a thing. 😳

Is it just the 3M clear bra? How easy was it to install on the pads? Is there any benefit to putting on the sliding surface of the inside of the pad or only the knee wing? 

Making loads of mods to bring my G2s up to speed and thinking this sounds like a good one to try. Thank you!

35 minutes ago, Phantom31 said:

I was today years old when I learned this is a thing. 😳

Is it just the 3M clear bra? How easy was it to install on the pads? Is there any benefit to putting on the sliding surface of the inside of the pad or only the knee wing? 

Making loads of mods to bring my G2s up to speed and thinking this sounds like a good one to try. Thank you!

Yep, this is what I bought, however I bought a shorter length that was available when I ordered. Really easy to apply.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01II9Z3QA?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I only put it on the knee wing and don't feel as though I need it anywhere else, the slide is fantastic. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, DL42 said:

anyone notice how jeremy smith calf shin velcro is on the inside instead of outside of the calf leg protector?

That's been in place since the G5. 

It's just a slit in the calf wrap so you can get a tighter feel instead of being forced into the cavernous leg channel that's been on the line since the G3. 

52 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's been in place since the G5. 

It's just a slit in the calf wrap so you can get a tighter feel instead of being forced into the cavernous leg channel that's been on the line since the G3. 

not the slit, he undid the elastic strap and place them on the inside , not through the slot. go look at the pictures

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, netminder said:

The knee condoms really cheapen these pads imo.

Is this a desperate add-on tech Warrior is resorting to keep up with the major manufacturers in the show that slide so much better then them?

If I may have a moment of your oh so valuable time. 
https://www.thegoalnet.com/forums/topic/6215-3m-tape-for-sliding/page/5/#comments

Read through this and you’ll see why people are excited for this slide plate 

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, netminder said:

I agree, that is interesting. I actually have a roll of this in my Amazon cart right now, lol. Need to see more feed back...

6 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

If I may have a moment of your oh so valuable time. 
https://www.thegoalnet.com/forums/topic/6215-3m-tape-for-sliding/page/5/#comments

Read through this and you’ll see why people are excited for this slide plate 

Reading this thread I was very surprised that in North America only now this life hack was "discovered" after watching a fresh video about Miklin) in fact, in Russia half (if not more) of amateur league goalkeepers use 3M tape on sliding surfaces. about 5-7-10 years old

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ser33 said:

Reading this thread I was very surprised that in North America only now this life hack was "discovered" after watching a fresh video about Miklin) in fact, in Russia half (if not more) of amateur league goalkeepers use 3M tape on sliding surfaces. about 5-7-10 years old

Yea but Russia is #1, we all know that.

avatars-000652439748-o9i3i4-t500x500.jpg.b05229732e549471fce9d70d00e11bb3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...