Most protective chesty

2 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Shit I wish I saw this in time so I could have helped out but looks like Mango hooked you up with all the info you need.  Did you end up placing the order?

I would absolutely get the segmented shoulder floaters.  They're exactly what they sound like, segmented so they stay more contoured to your body.  Helps with mobility.  

Nope didnt order till tomorrow. They were on vacation last week so they said send it in the following week. I am going segmented like you said because it was what all the ones I tried on were. I love the way this VE8 fits and plays like just a bit too small (hes making the arms longer than normal) and I want one that will last a long time even if its a bit heavier. Any other input is welcomed, Im still new to ice goalie  

7 minutes ago, Maxpower29 said:

Nope didnt order till tomorrow. They were on vacation last week so they said send it in the following week. I am going segmented like you said because it was what all the ones I tried on were. I love the way this VE8 fits and plays like just a bit too small (hes making the arms longer than normal) and I want one that will last a long time even if its a bit heavier. Any other input is welcomed, Im still new to ice goalie  

What is your full spec list?

2 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What is your full spec list?

2400 model

segmented heavy wings

standard size wings (still not sure if i should go bigger or not)

extra rib protection

extra bicep protection

19" long in front. 

no shoulder lifts (I dont like the bulk around my mask)

no shoulder strap things. But I think I might add them incase someday I decide I want to tuck

3 minutes ago, Maxpower29 said:

2400 model

segmented heavy wings

standard size wings (still not sure if i should go bigger or not)

extra rib protection

extra bicep protection

19" long in front. 

no shoulder lifts (I dont like the bulk around my mask)

no shoulder strap things. But I think I might add them incase someday I decide I want to tuck

Good on the segmented floater, don't get the bigger shoulder floater though.  Overkill and just adds unnecessary bulk.  Same goes for the lifts, fuck those too.  I would add the suspender straps on the shoulder floaters if I were you.  I don't tuck my Brown but I do wear my suspenders over the c/a and I use the TGN suspenders and straps from....shit I forget the name of the company...anyways, they're a nice touch lol.

Some modifications I had spec'd to my Brown quite a few years back were a larger dip to the back harness.  That helped to avoid having the back pad poking up into the back my mask.  I also had them make an additional gap at both seams where the side panels meet the main belly panel.  I did that so I could feed my suspenders through the gaps and run them up over the c/a.  Kind of similar to what Hank has done to his c/a but its not as drastic of an opening.  I think I have pictures of all of this in the Brown thread.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Good on the segmented floater, don't get the bigger shoulder floater though.  Overkill and just adds unnecessary bulk.  Same goes for the lifts, fuck those too.  I would add the suspender straps on the shoulder floaters if I were you.  I don't tuck my Brown but I do wear my suspenders over the c/a and I use the TGN suspenders and straps from....shit I forget the name of the company...anyways, they're a nice touch lol.

Kova?

Best braces outside of Brown.

Edited by bunnyman666