How I would solve True’s 1 pc skate design flaw

True has a great skate in their one piece, other than the fact the integrated holder chips in all of the wrong places. The holder can be repaired, but it’s not all that practical and in some cases near impossible. Add to this that there are a few places that can be the boot and holder’s Achilles’ heel, this skate could be binned pretty quickly from a few unlucky puck hits, skate hits, etc. In essence, it’s a great skate if you’re not paying for it!

My design would bring in to play a few more replaceable elements. The holder would still be attached to the boot for the performance aspect, but would have a plastic blade carrier that bolts to the holder on the boot. This could offer a few different holder heights, and doesn’t chip or break like brittle carbon fibre. ABS or Zytel is slightly more flexy than CF, but has the ability to not be catastrophically damaged by a puck or skate hit. The blade carrier could be replaced by the EQM. The runner would still be removable from the carrier. 

I will do a skitch or other illustration to show exactly what I am thinking.

11 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

True has a great skate in their one piece, other than the fact the integrated holder chips in all of the wrong places. The holder can be repaired, but it’s not all that practical and in some cases near impossible. Add to this that there are a few places that can be the boot and holder’s Achilles’ heel, this skate could be binned pretty quickly from a few unlucky puck hits, skate hits, etc. In essence, it’s a great skate if you’re not paying for it!

My design would bring in to play a few more replaceable elements. The holder would still be attached to the boot for the performance aspect, but would have a plastic blade carrier that bolts to the holder on the boot. This could offer a few different holder heights, and doesn’t chip or break like brittle carbon fibre. ABS or Zytel is slightly more flexy than CF, but has the ability to not be catastrophically damaged by a puck or skate hit. The blade carrier could be replaced by the EQM. The runner would still be removable from the carrier. 

I will do a skitch or other illustration to show exactly what I am thinking.

:myhead: