What is the weirdest/most gimmicky/most bizarre piece of equipment you know of?

botpixel

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

Look up the dude's Facebook profile, it's REALLY weird

You have to be at least a little weird to play in net. Glenn Hall barfed before every game - and he has the record for most consecutive games played in NHL history and pioneered the butterfly save, together with Tony Esposito. Jacques Plante was the first goalie to permanently don a mask, and he also had a few screws loose. Heck, Patrick Roy talked to his posts.

I have Asperger's and thank my posts and crossbar for making saves. 

2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Look up the dude's Facebook profile, it's REALLY weird

I haven't seen it yet, but I did see The Thin Red Line's video. It's an interesting concept, but not well thought out. There is strange, but I can understand why the Kozac cut did not catch on. 

On 8/17/2022 at 4:34 PM, hateclowns said:

Oh of course I went when he started replying to dozens of people, to see what I assumed would be a glorious mess.

I literally live three houses down from the Onezee maker. He's pretty cool. Really knows his stuff and all. He's enthusiastic for his helmet (and rightfully so). Love the guy.

Facebook, Twitter, etc. are not a good way to judge someone. Also, social media is for kids (lol). Most companies social media is handled by a PR team. 

You're dealing with the creator of a new style helmet who is very spirited. He's trying to get it out there and is being toyed with by the big brands. So he's a bit frustrated in the process of the small guy vs corporate brands. The big boys don't play nice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MTH said:

I literally live three houses down from the Onezee maker. He's pretty cool. Really knows his stuff and all. He's enthusiastic for his helmet (and rightfully so). Love the guy.

Facebook, Twitter, etc. are not a good way to judge someone. Also, social media is for kids (lol). Most companies social media is handled by a PR team. 

You're dealing with the creator of a new style helmet who is very spirited. He's trying to get it out there and is being toyed with by the big brands. So he's a bit frustrated in the process of the small guy vs corporate brands. The big boys don't play nice.

We were referring to the TKC stick creator.

1 hour ago, MTH said:

My bad.

I'll still stab anyone who messes with OneZee creator. Just sayin'

Yeah the Onezee guy seems totally fine.  He has been pretty active, or was anyway, in various FB groups regarding his product. 

Like you said, he just seems more annoyed than anything about the hoops of the process, but never displayed the... alternative line of thinking the stick guy did.

• Like 3