True goalie, total failure

Silence

55 minutes ago, AdamL said:

This was pretty predictable, honestly.  The Lefevre factory was never doing retail orders before, and the idea that they could ramp up quickly enough to handle all of the pro orders they were already doing, probably plus some due to the brand equity Lefevre built during that brief independent period, and then all of the retail orders on top of that was pretty silly.  With CCM doing the retail "pro" builds offshore, that factory was never equipped to handle the demand I'm sure they're seeing right now.

To think a 17 person operation was going to handle the entire world was a pipe dream at best. I just didn’t think it would get this bad. When I ordered it was an 8 week delivery time, I even spoke with others who ordered and it was 9 weeks and 10 weeks for their sets. It went to 15 weeks shortly after, then 19 weeks, 24 weeks, and now 48 with the potential for cancelation from true. I feel like they have no intention to serve a customer anymore. They needed customer orders while they were independent because they didn’t have enough from the pro markets due to licensing. Now that true paid for all of it they don’t need a customer anymore. I just hope people see this and can at least learn and have knowledge of true goalie and what it really is. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see how bad this really is. We ordered a custom set, paid full fair a day after they started taking “retail” orders. Date was Originally early August, then pushed to end of Sept. with what I’m reading here there is little room for optimism. 
if there are logistical issues they have had plenty of time to identify them and communicate either directly to customers willing to pay close to 4K for a full set up or at the very least communicate in a general forum to the masses. 
It’s rock and a hard place now, as to cancel the order and start fresh with another supplier your at Xmas at least. 
the retailer has been great and even lent us a demo set of True but one would have to think even retailers “selected” to carry their product would soon be questioning the desire to do so. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Ta-da.

20.2 customizer is available.

https://customizer.truetempergoalie.com/

Open angle boot sounds odd. I’m sure it’s not just me but I feel like true is releasing new gear just for the sake of saying it’s new. 20.2 looks barely changed which I guess is understandable if people liked 20.1 so much. But still cmon, sometime soon more and more people will see how bad the service is and won’t want true by lefevre gear I hope. I hate to push a brand while they’re falling but it’s getting ridiculous (if it wasn’t already). 

12 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Open angle boot sounds odd. I’m sure it’s not just me but I feel like true is releasing new gear just for the sake of saying it’s new. 20.2 looks barely changed which I guess is understandable if people liked 20.1 so much. But still cmon, sometime soon more and more people will see how bad the service is and won’t want true by lefevre gear I hope. I hate to push a brand while they’re falling but it’s getting ridiculous (if it wasn’t already). 

TRUE's/Lefebvre's presence in the NHL alone will carry them immensely far with the average consumer. Seeing a large portion of the Pro's in their gear is such a massive boost to their desirability. 

Just look at how often you see people being dismissive of Warrior pads solely due to them not being in the show.

Brand presence is a remarkably powerful tool.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

TRUE's/Lefebvre's presence in the NHL alone will carry them immensely far with the average consumer. Seeing a large portion of the Pro's in their gear is such a massive boost to their desirability. 

Just look at how often you see people being dismissive of Warrior pads solely due to them not being in the show.

Sorry to be the one to tell you Coop, but people being dismissive of Warrior is because YOU wear it!

😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

But still cmon, sometime soon more and more people will see how bad the service is and won’t want true by lefevre gear I hope. I hate to push a brand while they’re falling but it’s getting ridiculous (if it wasn’t already). 

I wouldn't agree with you that they are falling. This was a gear coup at the highest level with a ton of pros dropping CCM and going over to True. All of the old CCM poster boys - Price, Fleury, Bernier, Bobrovsky, Crawford (however brief it was) - jumped ship. Some of them dumped CCM masks while doing so (Price/Fleury). There are only a few CCM holdouts left. And is anyone using CCM Axis in the NHL? True/Lefevre has the endorsement of pro goalies at the highest levels of the game. Success at retail will come later.

Yes, the wait time is insane, but people are still willing to buy it. From talking to customers, there is no doubt amongst them that the gear is of the highest quality. Most customers aren't particularly upset at the wait times either. Vaughn is at a wait period closer to 20 weeks than 10. Brian's is at 14-18 weeks. CCM had a factory shutdown for quite a while and just got going again. I think with COVID and these worldwide logistics issues, people have changed their expectations with regards to wait time so it no longer seems like a huge failure of True/Lefevre.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Brand presence is a remarkably powerful tool.

I agree with everything you have said. Viewership of brands in the NHL is big with retail. Kids want what the pros are wearing. Crack open a USA Hockey magazine and look at the drawings in the back. Children might not be the most skilled artists, but they will often get the logo placement correct and basic graphics of the pads correct.

And parents are more comfortable paying for gear if they've seen it on TV. I can't count the number of times parents have asked, "Is Warrior a decent brand? I've never heard of it."

And there is definitely bias against Warrior from goalie coaches, at least locally. Tons of parents have said to me something like: "Our kid's goalie coach said not to get Warrior, so we aren't interested in looking at it".

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I wouldn't agree with you that they are falling. This was a gear coup at the highest level with a ton of pros dropping CCM and going over to True. All of the old CCM poster boys - Price, Fleury, Bernier, Bobrovsky, Crawford (however brief it was) - jumped ship. Some of them dumped CCM masks while doing so (Price/Fleury). There are only a few CCM holdouts left. And is anyone using CCM Axis in the NHL? True/Lefevre has the endorsement of pro goalies at the highest levels of the game. Success at retail will come later.

Yes, the wait time is insane, but people are still willing to buy it. From talking to customers, there is no doubt amongst them that the gear is of the highest quality. Most customers aren't particularly upset at the wait times either. Vaughn is at a wait period closer to 20 weeks than 10. Brian's is at 14-18 weeks. CCM had a factory shutdown for quite a while and just got going again. I think with COVID and these worldwide logistics issues, people have changed their expectations with regards to wait time so it no longer seems like a huge failure of True/Lefevre.

I agree with everything you have said. Viewership of brands in the NHL is big with retail. Kids want what the pros are wearing. Crack open a USA Hockey magazine and look at the drawings in the back. Children might not be the most skilled artists, but they will often get the logo placement correct and basic graphics of the pads correct.

And parents are more comfortable paying for gear if they've seen it on TV. I can't count the number of times parents have asked, "Is Warrior a decent brand? I've never heard of it."

And there is definitely bias against Warrior from goalie coaches, at least locally. Tons of parents have said to me something like: "Our kid's goalie coach said not to get Warrior, so we aren't interested in looking at it".

If they only knew. Unless a brand plays a sponsor role in their coaching school/clinics, there is no rhyme or reason to be biased. The problem even leaks into stores where most brands present are CCM/Bauer/Vaughn. I had one store owner flat out tell me that he won't carry Warrior gear because it's "not legal". I had to byte my tongue hard. Throw in JRZ, McKenney, Passau, Kenesky...all top notch brands that all had their hands in the show working for the popular crowd at one time or another, and yet few know of them.