True goalie, total failure

Silence

55 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Why do I have a funny feeling that True/Lefevre in the future will be CCM two years back? As in pros get North American made gear and everybody else gets Asian-made gear?

I don't know True's plans or the economics of running a North American factory, but I would guess for the near future they will focus on pro orders and custom retail orders. And if they have any excess capacity, spit out some retail stock.

Keep the True/Lefevre name as the custom boutique shop for your goalie needs. Asian-made retail stock pads somewhere (years?) down the line.

This would be like the strategy they used with Scott Van Horne, his custom skates and now the TF7/9 retail player skate and TF9 goalie skate.

11 minutes ago, cuprajake said:

I dont understand why so many nhl goalies use it, i know the older guys are using skinned gear but still 

Goalies are not unique in this sense; players are the same. Not everyone wants the newest piece of gear. Sidney Crosby would still be using a two-piece stick if he was still able to get them.

14 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Goalies are not unique in this sense; players are the same. Not everyone wants the newest piece of gear. Sidney Crosby would still be using a two-piece stick if he was still able to get them.

ECVhqkrWwAER5IX.png.910d54f3d81d5c910626a17a34d5ee6b.png

You mean this guy here isn't using the newest and greatest gear?

But you're right, a lot of these guys will stick with gear they're comfortable with, even if that means holding on to outdated specs (Quick). This also takes into account gear they've seen the most success with.

Also, for a long while there, the CHL was completely sponsored by The Hockey Company and goalies culd only get Koho, RBK, CCM gear in the show. They'd get used to this gear, see success, and stick with it as they move forward to the AHL then the NHL.

I remember years back, probably around the 1S release, people were saying very similar things about Vaughn gear as I'm seeing in this thread on True gear.

Its fun to see how things cycle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, cuprajake said:

I dont get the attraction to the true brand, its old tech, expensive and the company really dont seem to have a clue or give a shit about the customer..

My set took 26 weeks (6 weeks longer than what I was quoted back in early April), so I definitely share some of the last sentiment about not prioritizing retail client orders while they pump out pro and junior sets by the hundreds. The first part though? CCM licenses Lefevre gear > Lefevre goes solo > True acquires Lefevre. Ipso facto, CCM (and previously Reebok) gear has been Lefevre gear for decades so CCM has been old tech this whole time?  The latest Lefevre/True gear is an evolution of the last CCM lines they put out. How could this be "old tech"? No digi-print? Honestly though, what about the pads are old tech? My 12.2 are the lightest pads I've ever held and craftsmanship/construction looks second to none (time will tell if this holds up). The FRS is an adaptation that I personally think it a huge "tech" enhancement vs other brands and even prior CCM leg channel strapping...

Into the 28th week now and can't even get an update from true. 3 weeks ago the set was supposedly in the "lot" they were going to start on. Now, the estimated delivery has been reset back to the originally scheduled completion of mid august because of some system malfunction, or maybe they mean august of 2022.

On 11/6/2021 at 5:44 PM, Silence said:

Pads are open knee, below knee strapping. Glove is 580 break, skate lace single T. Pro palm. Blocker is…..blocker 

How is the glove closure? Mine is 590, double T game ready w/ xtra and still having a hard time breaking it in. It was hard to close when I got it. Better now but still a ways to go I’d say…

8 hours ago, dstew29 said:

How is the glove closure? Mine is 590, double T game ready w/ xtra and still having a hard time breaking it in. It was hard to close when I got it. Better now but still a ways to go I’d say…

About the same for Lefevre/ccm glove new out of box. Although I think this is much closer to my eflex 2 glove. I have started to work it but haven’t heated it with water yet. Although I still think it’s better than my 3 year old P2 “game ready” palm. I have to heat it with water before playing or it’s stiff as hell still. I’m curious to see how it breaks in as it’s a pro palm.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, goalie122935 said:

Ordered a full set of L20.1's in April. Still don't have them. Just hit the 7 month mark. Complete joke.

Mine took 30-31 weeks

3 hours ago, cuprajake said:

Thats shocking, there will be a new model out by the time you get them

….the new model can already be ordered…