On 2/3/2022 at 12:23 AM, mr_shifty1982 said:

Hopefully the ridiculous price drops. 

My understanding is that this is the plan forward... maybe not be 100% correct

20.2 / 12.2 Custom = Made in Montreal by Lefevre - Most expensive

20.2/12.2 Stock Retail = off shore - Cheaper

Line coming to complete in 2nd price point?! not sure

• Like 1

On 1/30/2022 at 4:09 AM, Chenner29 said:

Supposedly retail stock gear will be manufactured in Asia and in stores by April/May

The stock gear will be made overseas with "same" quality as they produce in Canada.

On 1/30/2022 at 9:28 AM, Peter36 said:

That’s good news, any info on sizes and colors? Hopefully the quality is good.

Colours are: White, White/black, White/red, White/royal 33-35 all with a +2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter36 said:

Where did you get the catalog from?

Same question here…

Also, why another 590? Almost every brand offers one already plus a 600ish break. They are the perfect people to start offering a retail 580 or something else. They might as well try setting themselves apart in a way other than year long custom wait times.

2 hours ago, Peter36 said:

Where did you get the catalog from?

All the catalogs for 2022 are available online. I won't share the links here, but if your Google-fu is strong, you'll be able to find them.

I work for a store and don't want a manufacturer accusing me of leaking stuff - even if my source(s) are public-facing websites that anyone can find and access from Google.

https://www.groupehockey.com/public/catalogues/TRUE CATALOGUE 2022.pdf is the very first link that comes up when you search "true 2022 goalie catalogue". Doesn't seem like they are hiding it very hard.

If the catalogue and pictures are correct, there are some things that have been streamlined between the two stock models.

• The FRS appears to be the same on both the stock 12.2 and 20.2. This is a change from the built-to-spec 20.2 which has a shorter flap on the inside
  • The boot flex for both the 12.2 and 20.2 models is listed as "stiff". I would have expected the 12.2 stock model to have the more flexible boot, given that the description starts with "these flexible boot pads..."

Other differences that might sway someone towards one model of gloves/blockers:

• 12.2 stock glove is a 600 break; 20.2 stock glove is a 590 break.
  • 12.2 stock blocker has a half-piece cuff (my preference); 20.2 stock blocker has a one-piece cuff. 

Otherwise, the gloves/blockers are identical minus graphics.

image.thumb.png.02bcd9500d9b662ae2231d758bf24869.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Teezle said:

https://www.groupehockey.com/public/catalogues/TRUE CATALOGUE 2022.pdf is the very first link that comes up when you search "true 2022 goalie catalogue". Doesn't seem like they are hiding it very hard.

Pro-tip to help one sort through the chaff is to use a modifier like "filetype:pdf" to limit your results to PDF files only. Add "site:Domain.com" to limit results to that domain name.

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Same question here…

Also, why another 590? Almost every brand offers one already plus a 600ish break. They are the perfect people to start offering a retail 580 or something else. They might as well try setting themselves apart in a way other than year long custom wait times.

590 is the most popular catching angle by a long shot and the 600 is still decently popular, but still pales in comparison to the 590. 

The 580 has only recently been seeing some small surge in popularity. I'm certain they're not fully implementing it as they have a decent indication of the market interest in this glove break. Which may be low. 

Diversification for the sake of it can bite you in the ass. Especially for a brand that's just trying to get their legs underneath them. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Peter36 said:

Does anyone know if the prices are going to be lower than their current custom prices?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no. Generally price points for the latest/greatest trend upward as time passes - not backward (particularly full custom).

On 2/9/2022 at 4:11 PM, Peter36 said:

Does anyone know if the prices are going to be lower than their current custom prices?

Yes. It will be cheaper than the current MIC True custom product, which they recently increased when 20.2 launched (leg pads went up to $1,999 USD).

Expect this new stuff to be priced similar to other brands' current pro product.

10 minutes ago, Peter36 said:

Does anyone know if 31" will be available for stock pads? I'm in a bauer senior small pad, but worried a 32" in True won't work considering how small Bauers run and how large trues run.

It says the smallest is 32. 31 is an intermediate size so you’ll have to see if they end up releasing an intermediate line.

11 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

It says the smallest is 32. 31 is an intermediate size so you’ll have to see if they end up releasing an intermediate line.

Yeah I noticed that, however on the customizer you can actually order 31". Unfortunately looks like they won't offer that as a stock option.

On 2/9/2022 at 12:34 PM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Same question here…

Because it is one of the most common and well like glove closures.  If you did a 580 you would only be hitting a minor group of people.  Manufactures build for the masses not us super picky people lol.

On 2/14/2022 at 9:51 AM, Peter36 said:

Yeah I noticed that, however on the customizer you can actually order 31". Unfortunately looks like they won't offer that as a stock option.

Disappointed in this as well. 31 would be one of the more popular sizes in true at retail. And I’m sad to see it won’t be offered. 

• 2 weeks later...